Sign in to follow this  
II N S 4 N E

BL box port

hey guys i have a question do u think that having the port firing towards the trunk or firing up would make a difference?

It's all about testing to see what works best in your application.

alright yeah ill try it because i got i just ordered a BL 18 and im making a box thats gonna be 6.8 cuft and tuned to 33 hz think thats good?

alright yeah ill try it because i got i just ordered a BL 18 and im making a box thats gonna be 6.8 cuft and tuned to 33 hz think thats good?

yep that sounds good. Bracing/double baffle is a good idea. What kind of electical will you be upgrading?

If that's going in a trunk, fire it forward and seal off the trunk. If you try firing it backward the box will take up most of the trunk and the sound waves will basically be trapped at the back of the trunk. Same thing with facing up most likely.

If that's going in a trunk, fire it forward and seal off the trunk. If you try firing it backward the box will take up most of the trunk and the sound waves will basically be trapped at the back of the trunk. Same thing with facing up most likely.

well its going in the trunk of my 96 blazer and itll fit in there pretty good so ill play around with it and see how it sounds

well its going in the trunk of my 96 blazer and itll fit in there pretty good so ill play around with it and see how it sounds

When you said trunk, people in here thought the trunk of a sedan or an actual car which is closed off to the cabin. In this case, this is a whole new scenario. Usually subs up port back leads to more output in that type of car. Chevrolet Blazer if I'm not mistaken. But next time it would be better to specify more about your setup so people won't become confused and mislead.

When you said trunk, people in here thought the trunk of a sedan or an actual car which is closed off to the cabin. In this case, this is a whole new scenario. Usually subs up port back leads to more output in that type of car. Chevrolet Blazer if I'm not mistaken. But next time it would be better to specify more about your setup so people won't become confused and mislead.

yeah sry bout that so i guess ill go with my bl facing up and the port facing toward the rear of the car nd see how that sounds

Sign in to follow this