mrjohnsonjr

saz 2500d or saz 1500d for 2 18 fi ssd subs

So Im new to this but i have an 86 chevy suburban i want to have it banging harder than anyone eles in the hood. so im planing on getting two fi ssd 18's and i dont know if i should get a sundown saz 2500d or a saz 1500d please help i just have stock battery and stock atl will i need upgrades if so what do you rec

Well Im no expert here and dont know alot but I dont think that the amps your looking at are gonna even to be close to the power you need to push them subs. And Im gonna tell you right now so you dont get off in the same boat as me, you want to push subs like that your gonna need electrical upgrades. Batteries and alternators! I stand corrected 800 watts RMS!

Edited by Lungbuster

For sure the 2500D for headroom.

But be sure to have the money for a HO Alt and maybe 1 or 2 battery upgrades

:morepower1:

So Im new to this but i have an 86 chevy suburban i want to have it banging harder than anyone eles in the hood. so im planing on getting two fi ssd 18's and i dont know if i should get a sundown saz 2500d or a saz 1500d please help i just have stock battery and stock atl will i need upgrades if so what do you rec

We can't tell you what exactly you will need because we aren't there doing it for you. But here's what we can recommend. If you run the saz-2500d at 1 ohm you will need electrical upgrades. Here is what you should try in order. Big 3, Battery or Batteries, High Output alternator. The saz-2500 draws a lot of current. You need power to make power. With the Saz-1500d you will probably need to do the big 3 and have an extra battery.

Anyways, 2500 watts is a lot for those subs. SSDs are rated at 800 watts and with that amp you'll be giving them 1250 watts each. It may take it, but then again they may not. It really all depends on the install.

Since you said you are new, I'd personally play it safe and go for the saz-1500d and run it at 1 ohm for 750 watts to each sub. make sure you get Dual 1 SSDS so you can wire to 1 ohm.

Hope I helped.

well this is your first build so i assume there will be more in the future so you might as well get the saz 2500 that way if you ever upgrade to a pair of Nightshade v2 down the road the sub and amp will match! ;) and you can always get another 2500!!

will those subs take more then 800 it depends on how your setup goes! and your intension aka goals! trying to be loudest on your block is hard to do especially if you live in da hood! ppl hear that shyt or see you install it and bam like that it gets ripped off!

lol hope this helps and if you have install question feel free to ask me via p/m or post on the forum for a fast reply!

For sure the 2500D for headroom.

But be sure to have the money for a HO Alt and maybe 1 or 2 battery upgrades

:morepower1:

For the high output alt how many amps will it have to be and what size battery would be good? what companies do you recommend?

You plan on using a 2500 watt amplifier on a woofer rated at 800 watts each? Those woofers will smoke, if you're heavy on the volume from what you're saying you will be heavy. The 1500 will be perfect for those woofers. If you're looking to run the 2500 is the BL series you would want.

:WTFBubble:

...If you're looking to run the 2500 is the BL series you would want...

Good advice Yoda :)

I say go ahead and get the BTL's and then you can be "Banging harder than anyone else in the hood" Lol if that is what you really want to do don't stick with SSD's. I have my 18" SSD and its been less than a month and I already want to upgrade to a BTL.

You plan on using a 2500 watt amplifier on a woofer rated at 800 watts each? Those woofers will smoke, if you're heavy on the volume from what you're saying you will be heavy. The 1500 will be perfect for those woofers. If you're looking to run the 2500, the BL series you would want.

:repost:

We can't tell you what exactly you will need because we aren't there doing it for you. But here's what we can recommend. If you run the saz-2500d at 1 ohm you will need electrical upgrades. Here is what you should try in order. Big 3, Battery or Batteries, High Output alternator. The saz-2500 draws a lot of current. You need power to make power. With the Saz-1500d you will probably need to do the big 3 and have an extra battery.

Anyways, 2500 watts is a lot for those subs. SSDs are rated at 800 watts and with that amp you'll be giving them 1250 watts each. It may take it, but then again they may not. It really all depends on the install.

Since you said you are new, I'd personally play it safe and go for the saz-1500d and run it at 1 ohm for 750 watts to each sub. make sure you get Dual 1 SSDS so you can wire to 1 ohm.

Hope I helped.

So everyone tellin me if i get the 2500d i will blow the subs wired at one ohm i thought them subs where beast that they where underrated and could Handel atleast 1300 watts what about if i find one of them discontinued 2000d's i dont want them to only get 750 watts and be underpowered so whats a good range to keep them in watt wise

You plan on using a 2500 watt amplifier on a woofer rated at 800 watts each? Those woofers will smoke, if you're heavy on the volume from what you're saying you will be heavy. The 1500 will be perfect for those woofers. If you're looking to run the 2500, the BL series you would want.

:repost:

So everyone tellin me if i get the 2500d i will blow the subs wired at one ohm i thought them subs where beast that they where underrated and could Handel atleast 1300 watts what about if i find one of them discontinued 2000d's i dont want them to only get 750 watts and be underpowered so whats a good range to keep them in watt wise

I say go ahead and get the BTL's and then you can be "Banging harder than anyone else in the hood" Lol if that is what you really want to do don't stick with SSD's. I have my 18" SSD and its been less than a month and I already want to upgrade to a BTL.

How hard do the ssd hit

Hope I helped.

Give them rated power. And use smaller font size. If you want to run more power then quit being cheap and buy the BL or BTL. And to go along with this step up of power, upgrade your alt and get a few batteries for the back.

I'm giving you good advice, DAWG.

I would get at minimum a SAZ-2500D and 2 Batteries ;)

I would get at minimum a SAZ-2500D and 2 Batteries ;)

thanks the the advice. two batteries meaning two additional and the one under the hood right?

Hope I helped.

Give them rated power. And use smaller font size. If you want to run more power then quit being cheap and buy the BL or BTL. And to go along with this step up of power, upgrade your alt and get a few batteries for the back.

thanks man i really appreciate all the info.... and by the way we dont say dawg any more its doggie now

Hope I helped.

thanks man i really appreciate all the info.... and by the way we dont say dawg any more its doggie now

I'll have to remember that :P

Do you have a budget man? Not trying to downgrade you or anything, but running a couple ssds verse bl or btls is a fairly big jump power and cost wise. To take advantage of some of the higher end drivers such as bl,btl,nightshade,xcon,warden,etc you need a lot more power, and not only does that mean bigger more expensive amps, but you need to do a fairly big electrical upgrade (ho/ alt(s), battery bank) to keep up with all the amp draw.

800*2=1600 !!! And you want 2500 watts ?:suicide-santa:

Get an saz 1500 and you're good to go !!!

If you really want to be loud, you have the space to run a single btl 18" !!! Whatever the amp. 1500 watts will make you LOUD as hell !!! But the btl will love the 2500 saz!:morepower1:

I would get the 2500, it gives you the head room, and if you set the gain properly along with knowing your limits on the volume knob you should be fine. Those subs will handle more then 800rms fairly easy, when FI first came out I ran the SSd12s with 1000watts each problem free for 10 months before upgrading. With the 1500 he will be prone to cranking the gain and volume up do to not getting the desired output and when that happens its game over for the subs due to CLIPPING! With the 2500 he can keep the power clean and thats the name of the game when over powering a woofer.

Edited by jmanjr

Either the SAX-1200D or an SAZ-1500Dv.2 will be more than sufficient for a pair Fi SSD 18" .

I'd go with the SAZ-1500D V.2, it's BA.

So half say 2500 and the others say 1500 v2 still confused but thanks all one more question if i go with the 1500 v2 will i need electrical upgrades?

check it out man my last setup was in a 76 chevy caprice, so i know old chevys and was runnin a saz-1500. you aint gotta go and drop several a cpl hundred on a h/o alt. hit up a salvage yard or maybe an alternator shop and get urself an alt off of a 92' n up fully loaded burban or a cadillac mid 90s and up and do the big 3. the loaded burbans and caddy's come stock with over 100 amp alts. which urs and older come with like a 67 amp alt. i went thru 2 new stock ones and a battery in less then six months, got a loaded burban alt and voltage only dropped to 13.5 at idle on the saz 1500 with a $50 battery from walmart. and i only had 1 15 in a trunk with rust holes and no trunk seal and i was louder then anyone in my hood and anyone i know. so a suv wit 2 ssd 18's will definately satisfy u on an saz1500 as long as u get a box built right. i recommend ported tuned at 33hz its perfect for daily beat on rap/hip-hop.