mwerling1212

proper box size?

well tomorrow my third rl-p 18 should be here, so now i need to start doing some box planning. i have an isuzu rodeo (suv) with the back seats ripped out. im going to use the whole back portion to build the box. its not going ot be a wall though. my question is what size and tuning should i do for all three? i see the recomended 5 cubes at 27 hz for one, but im not sure if it would change for all three. by that i mean, would the optimal size be 15 cubes at 27 hz? maybe im overthinking it but it seems ike it would change due to there being multiple drivers in the same box. also, i know i can fit the box in my suv, but porting it back may not work. my back window angles in and will be very close to the top back edge of the box. would porting it up be ok? im looking for strong output in the lows(20-35). i will also be running around 3k to them hopefully via a new saz2500d when they are back in stock. thanks for any help!

15 cubes at 27 hz. is recommended, yes, I'd still port back vs. up no matter the hatch angle

the glass angles in a lot. to the point where it might touch the box. wouldnt it affect the air movement or "breathing" room?

Do you have room to move the box more forward to allow more room?

i could maybe get 2-4 inches in between, but last time i measured it was very close for 15 cubes. the amps and battery are going in front of the box so i can only move it forward so far. ill do some more measuring tomorrow now that i have established a size and tuning, then see if i can get some room in between the glass and the corner of the box. ill bump this thread up tomorrow with the verdict. lol