Fi Car Audio

BTL-N1 pics

I don't understand the fuss over SQL. Yes, it makes no sense but we all know what it means. In between SQ and SPL, which is 75% of what people run.

But on topic, I LOVE the new designs. Fi/Scott is redefining Car Audio.

The term makes no sense. Spl and sq are two different things all together. Same with daily, daily can mean a million things, just as SQL can

I was dead set on as Xcon but after seeing this I dont know. Any specs fro these yet?

Just cause it makes no sense, like I stated in my post, you know what their talking about. Not everybody knows not to use the term on this forum. Who cares.

Just cause it makes no sense, like I stated in my post, you know what their talking about. Not everybody knows not to use the term on this forum. Who cares.

no, really we don't know what they're talking about. That's why we REQUIRE people to better define their questions without using words that they don't fully understand the meaning of.

Now, back to the topic at hand.

can i come build my subs if i order them? hahaha

i just want to get at the t/s parameters... I can't wait to update my fiance's jeep with some Fi goodness

will be made in 18???. i see in main website of the btl(N1) 10,12,15's,BUT and the 18's?

will be made in 18???. i see in main website of the btl(N1) 10,12,15's,BUT and the 18's?

Maaan I got all excited thinking the N1's were officially up on the site... I didn't even notice how it didn't include 18's on the BtL main page. Now I'm even more interested.

Any chance the N1 twelves will have over 90 dB sensitivity? Hard to do with mass limitations I know, and mostly irrelevant towards most applications, but I'm just curious as heck.

No

that sucks..

thats exactly what i was waiting for was a n1 18.

Get a Q18", they spec very similar, the Q has a bit stronger motor.

Maaan I got all excited thinking the N1's were officially up on the site... I didn't even notice how it didn't include 18's on the BtL main page. Now I'm even more interested.

Any chance the N1 twelves will have over 90 dB sensitivity? Hard to do with mass limitations I know, and mostly irrelevant towards most applications, but I'm just curious as heck.

You do know sensitivity is irrelevant for subwoofer applications?

Because it's measured a 1khz...

And the fact that 99% of the energy that you put into the coil in a 94.1db 1w/1m speaker is nothing but burned off as heat..

You only hear 1% of what you put into it ;)

YYep I know... just to give me something easy to brag about to all the NEWBS that claim JL! or MTX! or some other brand... I can talk circles around them with those sort of points such as the importance, no wait NECESSITY of proper cooling features and motor balance... the sensitivity itself is irrelevant but the better design features tend to trickle down and represent a higher dB rating, even though the most important aspect of any properly made/cooled woofer is the consistency of the t/s parameters at high output and under long steady use. As I said before, its hard to sell stuff to ppl that don't even speak English, its nice to have some numbers on a paper to point at.

Edit: the better features don't HAVE to represent higher sensitivity... eh why did I even bother asking lol I did say it was irrelevant in my original post, I was just curious... trying to get the Fi guys to leak some early t/s parameters my way :)

Edited by SubSam

I'm up for leaked T/S params :lol:

So am I, lol. Video from my cell looks rather bad. I have to go by work tomorrow for a couple of hours and Ill try to remember to take my camera with me... much better video. Then, since Im a newbie, Ill have to get Nick to tell me where we host it ;)

No specs yet to leak. When we went in the SQ direction, we are waiting for other coil samples to come in before we can continue. N1 will be a month or two down the road because of that. N3 info will come first. Given current work log, I should be back to N3 info after next week.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm up for that video Scott was supposed to make :rofl2:

Don't make Scott take away your free cooling. HAHA

I'm up for that video Scott was supposed to make :rofl2:

Don't make Scott take away your free cooling. HAHA

:suicide-santa:

No

that sucks..

but... does the q weigh more?

No

that sucks..

but... does the q weigh more?

my q weighs 44 pounds

Edited by Duran
Fixed your quote

N2's are priority right now..the N1's will be available as soon as we get through this run of oversized parts that are hell on our machines.