Fi Car Audio

BTL-N1 pics

Thanks for sharing Scott. I know if push came to shove, one can program a CNC with a Big Chief Tablet and a crayon, but if you don't mind me asking. What software do you use to program your machines?

This pictures are priceless as they help people picture some of the process. :)

I use Bill Gates amazing "notepad" and also Mastercam.

I do a bunch of coding by hand using notepad...lol Mastercam and other programs sometimes do things the way they think it should be done vs what I want. So its easier to code by had for some things and for complex profiling/3d coding, Mastercam is the only way to go.

I set those pieces in the tumbler over night. Definitely too much time in there. Really only need about 2 1/2 hours... so 6 was too much. Just made a wee more edge break on things that I want for production... looks fine though. Just eats up more media time and increases cost, which we don't want to do.

Thanks,

Scott

Cool

I understand when you say:

I do a bunch of coding by hand using notepad...lol Mastercam and other programs sometimes do things the way they think it should be done vs what I want.

We design all of our parts in the wonderful 3-D modeling software Pro-Engineer. From there I program them using Pro-Manufacture. Many times I've wanted to chuck the computer in favor of pen and paper. :)

Wow looks odd but as someone said earlier 'if it works then it works'! Looking good

Worked some more with the N1 today. Will try a different approach to it with a special coil early next week. Ultra low inductance and high linearity design... very SQish.

Thanks,

Scott

I know the N1 would be more SQ but what would you say to someone trying to decide between the N1 and a BL? Or even SQ with SQ, the N1 and the Q?

If the N1 is gonna be kind of compared to a Q.. then will it be able to go in a sealed box? Or still a strictly ported box?

I'd guess as much.

Worked some more with the N1 today. Will try a different approach to it with a special coil early next week. Ultra low inductance and high linearity design... very SQish.

Thanks,

Scott

SQ FTW

If I end up liking the SQ only sort of route it would be sealed capable... definitely.

Vs Q... hmm. Well Q has taken a little shift over the years from 2 soft spiders to 5. We have seen peoples interpretation of SQ take a massive shift from sealed optimal alignments at reasonable listening levels to SQ meaning that it doesnt sound like a wet dog fart like my friends 57 Hz tuned "daily" box. I am liking the idea of having a true SQ driver again.

Ill get a chance to play a little more with it and the other coils next week.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks,

Scott

This sub is getting interesting. I've run 15" Avalanches before and am currently running 15" JBL GTi subs all in 3.5ft^3 tuned to 28Hz per sub. How do you think the BTL N1 will compare to these sub? If I can gain a little bit more out put belting out the lows and still sound good, I'd be interested in swapping my current wacky looking GTi's for some equally wacky looking N1's. :)

If I end up liking the SQ only sort of route it would be sealed capable... definitely.

Vs Q... hmm. Well Q has taken a little shift over the years from 2 soft spiders to 5. We have seen peoples interpretation of SQ take a massive shift from sealed optimal alignments at reasonable listening levels to SQ meaning that it doesnt sound like a wet dog fart like my friends 57 Hz tuned "daily" box. I am liking the idea of having a true SQ driver again.

Thanks,

Scott

That is because people are audio illiterate.

Im dead set on getting two fi subs for my next """SQL""" setup. If the N1 is comparable to the Q in terms of SQ, then i may just have to get a couple of 18" N1s :) Dont worry ill have ID XS65 on 250 watts per side with an 7-8" dedicated midbass driver. Point is im hoping he N1 will be SQ oriented like the Q.

Thanks,

Scott

Im dead set on getting two fi subs for my next ""SQL"" setup. If the N1 is comparable to the Q in terms of SQ, then i may just have to get a couple of 18" N1s :) Dont worry ill have ID XS65 on 250 watts per side with an 7-8" dedicated midbass driver. Point is im hoping he N1 will be SQ oriented like the Q.

:WTFBubble::roflmao:

i heard a JL audio 12 W7 and it sounds good i was just wondering how would the N1 compare to a W7 ???

i heard a JL audio 12 W7 and it sounds good i was just wondering how would the N1 compare to a W7 ???

You even dare compare fi to jl audio !?!?!

Made in America always beats made in china

Truu I was just wondering because where I,m from no one has Fi, they use alot of jl and kicker and I wanted to be the first and I read in forums and watched videos that Fi lets real loud annd i love their design

JL actually drops soft parts in their woofers in florida

The w7's at least.

Not "always", but why give China any more of our money? :P

Not "always", but why give China any more of our money? :P

Yea some made I china products are good like the soundstream xxx. But yeah we need to stop sending jobs overseas.

It wouldn't.

It wouldn't.

:fing34:

Thanks,

Scott

Im dead set on getting two fi subs for my next """"SQL"""" setup. If the N1 is comparable to the Q in terms of SQ, then i may just have to get a couple of 18" N1s :) Dont worry ill have ID XS65 on 250 watts per side with an 7-8" dedicated midbass driver. Point is im hoping he N1 will be SQ oriented like the Q.

Care to explain what is so funny? Try being helpful or say something of some intelligence.

Thanks,

Scott

Im dead set on getting two fi subs for my next """""SQL""""" setup. If the N1 is comparable to the Q in terms of SQ, then i may just have to get a couple of 18" N1s :) Dont worry ill have ID XS65 on 250 watts per side with an 7-8" dedicated midbass driver. Point is im hoping he N1 will be SQ oriented like the Q.

Care to explain what is so funny? Try being helpful or say something of some intelligence.

it's probably about you saying """SQL"""

I don't understand the fuss over SQL. Yes, it makes no sense but we all know what it means. In between SQ and SPL, which is 75% of what people run.

But on topic, I LOVE the new designs. Fi/Scott is redefining Car Audio.