Fi Car Audio

BTL-N2 pics

Interesting design. Who is going to be first to make a compound isobaric enclosure, cone to cone. Would look sweet.

Interesting design. Who is going to be first to make a compound isobaric enclosure, cone to cone. Would look sweet.

Well if i can get some i plan to invert atleast 2

is it possible that the n3 and n-sg could be 4" coils? could it be an improved over the TSNS?

You never know what we might do.

..and comparing it to a TSNS? how could one compare something to something that doesn't ever seem to come to light or exist?

:ribjab:

..and comparing it to a TSNS? how could one compare something to something that doesn't ever seem to come to light or exist?

very true i retract my statement good sir!!!!!

Man, they look crazy, I cant wait to get my hands on a couple of these..

hahaha i was waiting for your comment lol

Comparing T3 to Fi is ummm :roflmao:

You guys always come up with a innovative design and make me go wow.

Al of u're designs are new, state-of the art(?), i really like fi audio. :peepwall:

Standard BTL-N2 pricing

12" $384

15" $404

18" $434

Pricing went up $20 over standard, but considering neo cost, and the included heatsink (where the IHR was a $25 option before) the sub actually costs less with the shipping savings if IHR was ordered, or about the same without it.

The 12" ships at 42# vs 70# for the Gen2 12". No more crates... we have a laser that we are cutting packing foam to fit the motor and cradle it in the box. Saves weight... which I know all of our international customers and distributors will be happy about.

We worked hard to keep pricing the same while upgrading the driver. We are looking at the long term with this line with the addition of more multi-axis CNC machines to try and handle all of the machining as well as a massive flatbed grinder with 20" sweep and multiple electromagnet chucks for setup. Upper spacers and lower sink cover are molded in house too (been a heck of a learning curve for these). We have really upped our ability and machinery to get these subs off the ground. Based off of continued growth sales of the previous two BTL lines, we can cut back profits in favor of increased sales for simply a better product.

Hopefully the round in the chamber doesn't end up in my foot :)

Working on editing pics of all the drivers right now. Text is done. Specs for N2 will be edited tomorrow. I hope to have N1 specs edited and added as well. Things will definitely be up for order on Monday.

Thanks,

Scott

Wow!!! I realy was thinking the price would be way more than that, I may just have to try one of these out now :)

Congrats on all you latest manufacturing additions. I'm pretty sure that round in the chamber is going to hit it's target right in the bull's eye.

hey scott r the baskets and cones the same as previous models? if so, will the motors be sold by themselves?

Definitely not going to be selling motors separately. Balance of parts are the same or similar. We will be changing the suspension some to a newer material combination that seems to be even more stable and durable than the last (which I have been using for a dozen years or more).

Thanks,

Scott

awesome!!! deff lookin into buyin some 18's when there released i may wait for the n-3 or sg's

Edited by BIGJEFF64

I'll just email with the few questions I have, but what a great price point. Having multiple levels of neo subs seems like a great idea to me- from a marketing standpoint if nothing else.

I'll just email with the few questions I have, but what a great price point. Having multiple levels of neo subs seems like a great idea to me- from a marketing standpoint if nothing else.

Well i have to agree on the AMAZING price of these.. Nick told me i'd be surprised and ill be damned if he was right lol

Also Nick or Scott would you be able to release any prices on the N1? trying to get my shit figured out and i want to be the first in MD reping the Fi Neo's :)

Always I love Fi/AA Scott and Nick do so many things better the other "leading" companies in the audio industry and it shows in their products and this only shows it more!!! :thanx:

Pricing on N1 will be up tomorrow.

Again, unless you have an Extreme SPL class vehicle the SG is not for you. And realistically unless we really scrub off some motor on the N3, its not the best daily driver. Having too much motor and too low a Qts isn't beneficial for daily drivers. It gives you a massively saddle shaped response and less bottom octave performance. There is definite practical limits for motor force in daily, low pressure SPL, and competition music applications.

The N3 and SG are not for daily. They do not implode when you run music through them, just that they are built for a more extreme purpose. I look at it like this... my Jeep is phenomenal in the rocks and dirt. And because I like to hit the autocross/road course every 6 months, it doesn't mean I should take that for it. It wont explode, nor will it set any track records either :) I'd rather see people using the right product for the job, not simply sell a more expensive driver because "more is better".

Hope that makes sense:)

Thanks,

Scott

looks like im after a set of N3 or SG for comp days

i gotta say the one thing nobody else has said but I do miss the circular symmetry in the magnet... obviously I love the progress and I totally plan on buying one of the new BtL woofers for myself once I compare t/s parameters but as you said before about "flame baskets ruling the sales market" I think its more alien than appealing... I've been trying to get my bosses to get some kind of deal with Fi as far as selling your product lines, as we sell tons of expensive JL subs and when I brought them my BtL for a little show-and-tell they even said, "That woofer really would sell itself" (in reference to the impressive motor/magnet), and had amazing compliments for a dual Q 15" install I did for a close friend. They have had bad experiences with warranty issues with some companies, and they were hesitant for that reason alone. Basically what I'm getting at is do you think the BtL line is more or less marketable now? I feel like I would need to demo the woofer for most uninformed customers before they would want it...

Regardless of what I may believe is true about "common opinion" I am a huge fan, I like different. If you had to make the magnet Amy Winehouse ugly but it performed better I would still be all over it.

Can you guys post any real world testing that has been done to give us an idea of what we are looking at?

Possibly a pic or a vid?..

i gotta say the one thing nobody else has said but I do miss the circular symmetry in the magnet... obviously I love the progress and I totally plan on buying one of the new BtL woofers for myself once I compare t/s parameters but as you said before about "flame baskets ruling the sales market" I think its more alien than appealing... I've been trying to get my bosses to get some kind of deal with Fi as far as selling your product lines, as we sell tons of expensive JL subs and when I brought them my BtL for a little show-and-tell they even said, "That woofer really would sell itself" (in reference to the impressive motor/magnet), and had amazing compliments for a dual Q 15" install I did for a close friend. They have had bad experiences with warranty issues with some companies, and they were hesitant for that reason alone. Basically what I'm getting at is do you think the BtL line is more or less marketable now? I feel like I would need to demo the woofer for most uninformed customers before they would want it...

Regardless of what I may believe is true about "common opinion" I am a huge fan, I like different. If you had to make the magnet Amy Winehouse ugly but it performed better I would still be all over it.

By the looks they would be...No I don't want to shatter my car! That thing would sell but AA is the dealer line... :morepower1:

Well, we heard similar grumblings when we went from the Gen1 three stack magnets to the Gen2 single stack magnet. How can only 1 magnet do the job of the previous three? Well, even though there was less material there in the Gen2, it is how its oriented and used that matters. After a couple of months people realized that they were a stronger sub and that the odd looking flying saucer motor works, and works well. I'm hoping that people take the same leap with the new ones as they are even further out of the norm. But, they are lighter, perform a little better in daily apps (in my opinion), and have tons of thermal capacity. They are a solid step forward... but look weird :)

Given their performance level Ill take the 40lb sub vs the 66lb one if they do the same job

Thanks,

Scott