Fi Car Audio

BTL-N2 pics

That made me LOL Scott :drink40:

I'm trying to tell people the same thing, when they say it looks weird so it must not perform.

less weight, more performance....got to think about them subs seriously !

A15" would be nice in my car!!!!!!!!:yaya:

One thing i would like to see on the btl n2 how they will perform in their minimum box for the 12,15,18 Since it seems you can go smaller then your older btl.

Weird looking but still a very huge fan of Fi. My 'Flying Saucer' sub is slammin the hell out of my Altima. I will have to listen to one of these N2 when its available. The less weight is what has me wanting one. :popcorn:

I honestly think they look cool! I dont really care how the motor designs look since they usually cant be seen in a box anyways... besides if theyre inverted obviously. Im thinking about replacing my 2 18" Qs with the N2s... since they require less box volume :wub: (Blazers suck for woofers that require lots of space) :peepwall:

I honestly think they look cool! I dont really care how the motor designs look since they usually cant be seen in a box anyways... besides if theyre inverted obviously. Im thinking about replacing my 2 18" Qs with the N2s... since they require less box volume :wub: (Blazers suck for woofers that require lots of space) :peepwall:

i love my buddy's blazer with 2 18" mayhems! :)

If i get one of these woofers i WILL invert them :)

Don't know if this was asked, but by from the website the stock xmax is 28mm so what's going to change with the hixm coils?

Don't know if this was asked, but by from the website the stock xmax is 28mm so what's going to change with the hixm coils?

The stock xmax for the Gen 2's WAS 18...till you has hixmax coils and it ups it quite a but.

Stock is still 18. 99% of people order High Xmax, which is 28.

Suspension is close (new material), coils are the same, specs are very similar. TS wise they should do fine together. But impedance rise and some other less thought of differences might play a little havoc on single amps with mixed subs. I havent had a chance to see that yet. I normally say "no" to mixing versions or subs, but at this stage cant honestly answer.

Thanks,

Scott

Got it, so 28mm stock parameter is a typo. And yeah, for the little price difference, you get 10mm more of linear travel so its a smart move to go ahead and get it. But if you wanted to put up good numbers on the meter, would this option be good to have or not?

Got it, so 28mm stock parameter is a typo. And yeah, for the little price difference, you get 10mm more of linear travel so its a smart move to go ahead and get it. But if you wanted to put up good numbers on the meter, would this option be good to have or not?

Xmax and SPL really don't go hand in hand..

We've had many people gain in SPL with the high xmax coil..if their setup actually uses excursion.

Again, this thing is for music..why wouldn't you want the high xmax coil? :)

I love the design, but yet to see full specs, and it looks to me like fi is on the right track to breaking and making records, and best of all it's pretty damn affordable. What id like to see from any company is sub-woofers that compliment an efficient amplifier, what im saying is is a sub that makes a ton of output without a following of upgraded electrical and power (RMS). As for now im interested in the fi line of subs, but have to give my Xcons a chance = Not yet installed and powered.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

Efficiency in and of itself is a joke.

What nobody understands is great you can have an "efficient" amplifier (pure class A balls out vs. class D balls out is within 7% of each other efficiency wise)

A 94.1dB 1w/1m speakers is only 1% efficient in converting electrical energy into acoustical energy. 99% of what you are putting into it is burned off as nothing but wasted heat...which is why cooling technology is so important.

:)

i would like to know how the subs do at or near there min box specs as well, 2.5-2.8^3ft.

Same as any speaker with a small box..

It will be snappier, bottom end will suffer though.

I love the design, but yet to see full specs, and it looks to me like fi is on the right track to breaking and making records, and best of all it's pretty damn affordable. What id like to see from any company is sub-woofers that compliment an efficient amplifier, what im saying is is a sub that makes a ton of output without a following of upgraded electrical and power (RMS). As for now im interested in the fi line of subs, but have to give my Xcons a chance = Not yet installed and powered.

The majority of car audio applications can be sufficiently powered by stock electrical power. If you want loud, natural bass replication, you should only need 100ish (probably less, but for the sake of conversation)watts and a superbly coupled driver/enclosure. If you truly believe you need an extra few dB then you will have to keep increasing the power or adding more drivers, both scenarios requiring you to lose space or electrical efficiency. But that's your prerogative, not a flaw in speaker design.

Keep in mind we live in 190+ dB atmospheric pressure, and all speakers have to overcome that pressure to make sound. Totally different underwater for example (anybody tackled pool acoustics?).

First post here? I can't remember...

Anyways, just ordered 2 12 N2s with the Hixm coil!! I'm pretty pumped!! Nick or Scott, do you guys know what place in line I am? Allen, shipped to Hamilton Ohio.

How bout some high resolution shots? I'm in need of a new wallpaper :wub:

This is the standard replacement for the Gen1 and Gen2 BTLs. It has similar power handling and options. The heatsink/inductance ring which was an option on the Gen2 is now integral to the design. We spent quite a bit of time testing the sinking and cooling to ensure that the Neo magnets used would not suffer degradation due to heatsoak (a problem which plagues other designs). Form followed function with the motor and is why these new versions are a fairly radical departure from the last designs.

Weight loss is significant compared to the 11.25" diameter magnets used in the Gen2 motors.

More info to come both on the site and here. We are trying to get pics for the N1 and N2 drivers up on the site over the weekend to start selling on Monday morning. There will be an initial approx 4 week lead time for the N1 and N2 subs due to some raw materials not arriving for another 3 weeks. But if these sell even remotely close to the Gen2 BTLs we expect a healthy list of early adopters.

so you guys really think the n2 will out perform the old single mag???

i guess its hard to say now, id love to see what you guys have to say, because i fricken loveeeeeee my btl single mag

You never know what we might do.

..and comparing it to a TSNS? how could one compare something to something that doesn't ever seem to come to light or exist?

:ribjab:

It doesnt exist? well heres a link of 20 motors on a flat bench

now to actually answer the question you have to remember they are not really that comparible, btl is now neo, and the tsns is an 86lb woofer. the tsns uses a slightly larger spider, i have no idea about the btl's but im sure the better comparison would be the tsns and the btl n3. i wish i had pics to upload this tsns so everyone could see, but being new to this forum i am not sure.

Man, they look crazy, I cant wait to get my hands on a couple of these..

why insult a man's company? he builds good subs, just because they are different doesnt mean they suck?

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

Wait a second, you are not actually trying to compare a Demuth product to a Atwell/Morgan product?