Sign in to follow this  
jntar

New SQ car???

Still looking for a new car. One that I can also have a good daily SQ setup, even have room to compete in. I am also thinking on competing in SPL next year. I wish I could make up my damn mind.

'99-current Lexus GS300 maybe IS. Still researching the difference

'99-current 4-runner

'99-current Accord

'99-current Camery

"99-current Maxima

All these fit into my size, power, and gas milage requirements. I have drove all but the lexus. Sometime this wekend Ill drive one. I have a potential buyer on the ATV so I will have a decent down payment. But I wm looking for the best stock stereo placement and the car with the mose room for growth. Ideas and suggestions definatly welcome. (All suggestions need to fit these guides) 4 doors, 25+mpg, roomy, relatively quiet stock, decent power and torque V6 or larger no i4. $20k or less.

My vote goes for the 4Runner.

Much more versatile vehicle :)

My vote goes for the 4Runner.

Much more versatile vehicle :)

:phatyo:

3. maxima

2. lexus

1. 4 runner (best choice for your statements above and general lifestyle as i know it).

I vote for a 4runner. My friend has one with chrome bumper, tail laights, and 20's and it looks clean as hel*. It's also pretty roomy and has a pretty good amount of leg room.

I'd love to have one, but I don't have the money =(

I wasn't even thinking about tricking it out, just leaving it like your truck...the 'Yota simply hauls more, has more flexibility in the system you could put into it (especially if you go SPL)...Might not have the luxury of a Lexus, but c'mon :D

I think the 4-Runner would suit your needs best ... based on what you posted above.

Lexus would be my second choice. V6 Accord or Maxima third.

No way!

First off its a ford. Second I cant afford the insurance. Third...its a ford

My mom drives a mustang.......She wouldn't even buy a GT :(. She is the only one in the family that drives a ford.

You really only listed two choices: the Lexus and 4 runner, but they are both rice fed. The other options are extremely boring cars, basically a reliable Taurus and would be hard to look out at it on the driveway and feel that warm and fuzzy pride you get from looking at a real piece of engineering work Obviously, I am biased but for a bit more fun, nicer fit and finish, more power, and reasonable insurance for the same dollar look at the 97&up 3 or 5 series BMW's. If you need utility and want it to be "sporty" you could get the touring wagon--don't laugh I wouldn't drive any other wagon (besides a Magnum) either.

You really only listed two choices: the Lexus and 4 runner, but they are both rice fed.  The other options are extremely boring cars, basically a reliable Taurus and would be hard to look out at it on the driveway and feel that warm and fuzzy pride you get from looking at a real piece of engineering work  Obviously, I am biased but for a bit more fun, nicer fit and finish, more power, and reasonable insurance for the same dollar look at the 97&up 3 or 5 series BMW's.  If you need utility and want it to be "sporty" you could get the touring wagon--don't laugh I wouldn't drive any other wagon (besides a Magnum) either.

Sure I can and have looked at several BMW and Mercedes. Mantainience is killer on them. Atleast in the dallas area. I am plainning on getting atleast 200k out of this next car. They look good but I dont trust them to get that. The 4-runner, accord, camery, lexus, and maxima are more reliable. Honestly, Im 23 and dont care as much as I use to about looks. I just want a nice car that can fit my budget and lifestyle. The cars I listed do.

Oh, and I did test drive an M3....nice and fast but insurance would kil me.

I would go with a Magnum----wait I did------one reason is for the placement of the stock speakers----a good distance from the driver----has great SQ potential.

New cars suck....if possible I would say get a classic that you love....new cars are cool today and sad tomorrow while olds cars remain timeless.

Off your list, I would go with current year (in order of preference) lexo, toyo, niss, hon. They are all quality cars.

Edited by psycho72

You really only listed two choices: the Lexus and 4 runner, but they are both rice fed.  The other options are extremely boring cars, basically a reliable Taurus and would be hard to look out at it on the driveway and feel that warm and fuzzy pride you get from looking at a real piece of engineering work  Obviously, I am biased but for a bit more fun, nicer fit and finish, more power, and reasonable insurance for the same dollar look at the 97&up 3 or 5 series BMW's.  If you need utility and want it to be "sporty" you could get the touring wagon--don't laugh I wouldn't drive any other wagon (besides a Magnum) either.

Sure I can and have looked at several BMW and Mercedes. Mantainience is killer on them. Atleast in the dallas area. I am plainning on getting atleast 200k out of this next car. They look good but I dont trust them to get that. The 4-runner, accord, camery, lexus, and maxima are more reliable. Honestly, Im 23 and dont care as much as I use to about looks. I just want a nice car that can fit my budget and lifestyle. The cars I listed do.

Oh, and I did test drive an M3....nice and fast but insurance would kil me.

Screw looks, I am talking about driving enjoyment. A 3 series BMW'er (straight six) is cheaper to fix and will hit 200k just as easy as anything you listed. I am planning on getting to somewhere between 250-300k on my M5 (1991 vintage! hell ya got to love the classics). My car is insured as the same class as a Taurus and isn't even considered a performance car. No dumb timing belts, no ridiculous V6 imbalances, no extra ridiculous electronics (read Nissan), and super easy to work on. As for parts the 6 cylinder BMW's have parts that are almost as cheap as any other car check it out at (alloembmwparts.com) . Plus they do a lot to help with the dampening ahead of time, just makes it tricky to port the bass into the passenger compartment though.

Basically if it has six cylinders it should be an inline: I6=V8 >>>V6 especially for high miles. For an engine that you are going to drive that far, intrinsically balanced internals really help!

Oh, and I am biased but have owned/sold everything else on your list as well other than the Maxima which I have driven and worked on (swearing the whole time)...

Just remember to relocate the battery ;)

Or get a BMW with the sport package and it is done for you!

^^ don't even listen to this guy...maxima hard to work on?? yea right... a GS or max rice-fed?? wtf is that supposed to mean? do you even know what you're talking about??? "intrinsically balanced"??? are you a RETARD?!?!?! do you mean INTERNALLY balanced?? last i checked, pretty much all japanese cars these days are internally balanced...also has any BMW motor gotten nearly as many awards as a nissan VQ??? nope. VQ's also don't have timing belts so quit your trash talking. you act like bmw's are God's gift to the automotive world..

i must say though, if you want an SQ car...don't get a 00~03 maxima even though you can drive that bish to 200k miles easily..go with the 4runner or lexus...possibly the camry. if you want to be a pimp though get a max ;)

^^ don't even listen to this guy...maxima hard to work on??  yea right...  a GS or max rice-fed??  wtf is that supposed to mean?  do you even know what you're talking about??? "intrinsically balanced"???  are you a RETARD?!?!?!  do you mean INTERNALLY balanced??  last i checked, pretty much all japanese cars these days are internally balanced...also has any BMW motor gotten nearly as many awards as a nissan VQ???  nope.  VQ's also don't have timing belts so quit your trash talking.  you act like bmw's are God's gift to the automotive world..

i must say though, if you want an SQ car...don't get a 00~03 maxima even though you can drive that bish to 200k miles easily..go with the 4runner or lexus...possibly the camry.  if you want to be a pimp though get a max ;)

Yep, hard to work on. Lets have a contest to see if you can yank the head off of a Maxima faster than me on a 3 series Bm'er. I will even let you just yank one of the two and see. V's are always harder to work on and ARE NOT intrinsically balanced and NEED balance shafts. Straight sixes do not need a balance shaft to be internally balanced. IMO V6's are always a bad idea I6, V4 and V8 however are great.

I am closing this...