camusmuse

Pics of Systems Past

heres some of mines, still have quite a few pics of other systems. the go from newset to oldest here.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

HPIM2808.jpg

HPIM2769.jpg

HPIM2481.jpg

HPIM2406.jpg

HPIM2318.jpg

HPIM2314.jpg

HPIM1593.jpg

HPIM1591.jpg

HPIM1582.jpg

HPIM1556.jpg

HPIM1551.jpg

Edited by lil98cabrio

my first setup was 2 bazooka bass tubes powered by a 100 watt pyramid amp, a Walmart Extreme sound HU.

top 3 are from my old IASCA firebird

med_gallery_716_304_3570.jpg

Front stage covered and uncovered IDQ 8 DVC and CD3 Ultra comp

med_gallery_716_304_8223.jpg

EQT

med_gallery_716_304_5364.jpg

Last is the back of my Tempo from 1995, Audio Art HC power, EQTs and some gold plated Sound Stream SPL160s

med_gallery_716_304_26585.jpg

Dude those old school Kicker subs bring back some good memories. You still have them or did you sell those already?

Since there seems to be an "old school"(though I personally hate that term FWIW) faction here, I was hoping that some people would post up pics of their old/first systems. I know that when I got into car audio, early nineties....it was pretty much DIY or pay a shop big money. Me being broke I taught myself and eventually got MECP certified. I have had countless systems over the years, but a hard drive crash has left me with only a few pics of some of my earlier systems.

So.......

Here is my S10 blazer circa 1993....yep ten inch subs for midbass.....didnt work out quite like I planned, but the two 15"s on an Autotek 7300 would pop a quarter about five feet off the roof(flex) of the blazer with the right tone. Ended up selling the 15's and just ran the two tens(and got almost all my cargo space back)....I guess that was the beginning of me getting old.

BlazerFifteens.jpg

That was my second vehicle...will have to look for a pic of the first...Autotek 7204 bridged on two Orion XTR 12's in a Nissan 720D KingCab wedge box right up againist the seats....gotta love a good back rub.....lol.

Few more of a system my cousin and I built around the same time.....

johnsystemunder.jpg

johnsystemdone.jpg

Nothing really to "see" since then anyway.....we both had our systems ripped off, everything has been completely stealth since. Though I do have a mind to do a removable quad 15" setup with two Autotek 7600's for my dually toy hauler. It currently has an biamped ESX setup(60.4, 475.1) with Orion NT 8's and 1's, and a prefab under rearseat box with two SoloBaric tens. It's plently loud, great SQ, but a good burp would be fun every now and then.....

1997 my 1st was a pioneer 10 in a wierd rectangle bandpass box with an la sounds malibu 100 and pioneer tape deck in a 93 altima. By '99 I had one of those double red surround vega 12's in a big sealed box with an old punch 60, pyramid sub xover and sony cd player with D bass! beatin! lmao

i remember the first time i heard a cd player in a car it was amazing lol

Edited by jep

Dude those old school Kicker subs bring back some good memories. You still have them or did you sell those already?

Actually do have two of the tens still, havent checked the foam in a few years but I used them well past 2000 in my multi car "beater box". A basic trunk box that would fit about anything mid size and up. Changed cars like shoes there for a while.....lol. The fifteens were sold with the blue truck, but they took quite the pounding by that time. I would be very surprised if they were still around. The kickers were great "cheap" speakers. Sold countless pairs to friends.

Running two solobarics(round) in my truck now, though I think that I might be up for a system change soon...have four total, but looking to downsize a bit...sorta. Still plan on using two tens, or maybe two twelves...but in the rear doors(98 dodge ram). Have yet to tear in to the rear door to see what is there to work with. Have some relatively lightweight peerless tens that have amazing out put. oh well....guess that is a "system future"...

Yea those old kickers really brought back some memories. My first system (ironically my first post too) was 2 12" Kickers in a beautiful bandpass box. Although premade, I was only 13 at the time.

I actually found a pic of the same box online though.

BP%2012GB.jpg

I ended up putting an LED tube inside the sealed portion and had them hooked up to a home theater amp in my room since I didn't have a car.

Edited by Krayzie

:fing34:

My first system consisted of two 12" Punch Series 1's, a craig 2 channel amp and an Alpine tape deck w/ 6disk changer! After that I moved on to two Rockford Punch Audiophiles, Sony XM-C2000 amp, Orion components and same head unit. Wish I had pics, but sadly never took many in the days prior to digital cameras. This was all back in 94-95ish. I think my favorite setup I ever had was two Kicker solo-barics on an old school punch amp.

Jay

Wow you guys had great first set ups. My dirt set up which was last year, were two 12" Kenwood KFC W3011"s on a Kenwood KAC-???? 1000 watt amp in a sealed box in my trunk lol. But I do plan to have some amazing setups in the future. You guys keep me motivated! Thanks

Well let's see here... It's hard for me to remember back that long, but I'll give it a shot. My FIRST system was a Fi BTL N2 18 paired with an AQ2200D. We didn't have cameras yet in those days, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures.

Well let's see here... It's hard for me to remember back that long, but I'll give it a shot. My FIRST system was a Fi BTL N2 18 paired with an AQ2200D. We didn't have cameras yet in those days, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures.

HAHAHA FUNNY GUY THIS ONE IS!!!! :lol2::rofl2::roflmao:

I had a pioneer HU, pioneer EQ (which was bad ass), some kicker SVC in a bandpass box off a pyramid 2ch bridged 700watt amp( gold with see thru yop and L.E.D that lit up at every bass hit) powered 8 gauge wire and ground.

I miss that EQ :(

going into a dark room to cry now....

My very first setup which was August of 2010 was a 15" Fi BTL in 5.0 cubic ft box tuned to 36 hz. Amp was a Audiobahn 1500 that puts out 2200wrms at 1 ohm. I had it wired 1 ohm :)

263146_219994254689578_100000370141075_750092_7726519_n.jpg

Geez...all these youngsters with their first sytem a year ago...lol. Here's one of my early ones, but not my first...

mytruck.jpg

Geez...all these youngsters with their first sytem a year ago...lol. Here's one of my early ones, but not my first...

mytruck.jpg

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!! Right on!!!!

What's that? You'll have to speak a little louder....I have a bit of hearing loss.......... :drink40:

My first car, a 1986 Nissan Cherry :) With a Cerwin Vega Stroker 15 w/6inch aeroport, powered by a Kicker Impulse 1252i, and a Rockford Fosgate Punch 4080, 4x20W to power components:

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

This was in the mid/late 90s :)

Next car had a Soundstream Davinci amp, PG Cyclone subwoofer slotloaded in a box under the amp, and Boston Acoustics Pro 6,43 3-way components with the midbasses exchanged for Phoenix Gold qx 8" drivers:

polo2.jpg

polodr.jpg

105300009_large.jpg

And the first system I had in the car over here, same front stage but with Soundstream Rubicon 404 and 1002 amps, and dual Polk DB10 subs:

105300005_large.jpg

All of this is from the 90s :)

Edited by Haakon

haakon, gotta show off don't you? i'm loving the move from DIY you made to here. booming sub setup with quality front drivers. true SQ meets SPL.

29vxft0.jpg

One of these and

KGrHqUOKjEE4vUiVtCOBOTt13sQTQ48_12.jpg

one of these in a semi-sealed particle board box that was WAY to big. Run off a Rampage headunit I stole from Autozone and two supertweeters in the front dash for highs. All in my friends mid 80's Olds Cutlas that looked like this

800px-Oldsmobile-Cutlass-Supreme.jpg

Lol, we thought we where hot shit.

Power Acoustik MOFO-15 4" VC (Absolutely LOVED this sub. Would buy another right now if I had the cash and the oportunity arose. Not the 152X now, those BLOW!)

l_5b6db36fc90446d1878e015afb91a194.jpg

l_c73f943c7b504a23aa59a8b115aac9b2.jpg

l_5e6cca99e813465785be328c01f202d0.jpg

Power Acoustik SL5500D (Had two amps pop back to back from vminnovations and finally ended up with a matching BAMF-5500/1D for my BAMF-1200/4 I had on my Power Acoustik door speakers. Startting to see the theme here yet, lol?)

l_7da228a93ca34e29b377d98b735080f1.jpg

Third system I had in my Mazda. Was in an Obcon/RT Boxes pre-fab 15" - 17.5"H x 24.0"W x 19.5"D - 3.2 Cu Ft Air Space

gz318-10-web.jpg

Shit was pretty loud.

First sytem in the Mazda was an L5 12 in the Kicker ported box off a Crunch Power Zone 900 watt 2 channel.

Then I put my Volfenhag SPL 12's in the pre-fab ported pawn shop box in off my Power Acoustic TS1920-2 with the lighting circle on it. I loved that amp, lol.

I had a few of those Jenson amps.... Really not bad for the money....plus you could remove that curved "diamond plate" cover and they looked ALOT better IMO.

But stealing is BAD.....mmmmmmKAY?.....lol....even though autozone deserves it....oh well.

Oh, and of course I love the old Kicker Comp.... Yeah there is a thing as too big a box, but I bet it "boomed" like a SOB....at a very narrow bandwidth....... been there done that.

29vxft0.jpg

One of these and

KGrHqUOKjEE4vUiVtCOBOTt13sQTQ48_12.jpg

one of these in a semi-sealed particle board box that was WAY to big. Run off a Rampage headunit I stole from Autozone and two supertweeters in the front dash for highs. All in my friends mid 80's Olds Cutlas that looked like this

800px-Oldsmobile-Cutlass-Supreme.jpg

Lol, we thought we where hot shit.

Edited by camusmuse

Loved that photo of the old SoundStreams and Polks. :)