camusmuse

Pics of Systems Past

Played with three 12's firing up port to the plate @ 40hz,, And had less output then two 12's firing to the plate with the port firing at the plate@35hz..

">http://m_43cf482032c1acb20e1ae8185a1232f0_zpswl

49783021614_0_BG_zpsxhgnub9i.jpg

Lovin' that this thread is still alive and kickin'...quite surprised to see the topic notification show up in my email.  Seems like its been way more than five years though, time flies I suppose.  Rather ironic that I am a "newbie' here too..lol, oh well...much like my systems now....guess I'm "stealth" as well...lol...fine by me....seriously...hehe....  But I do still collect old gear like a nutcase(when I can find/afford it)....have sadly cut the collection about in half though....STILL looking for some Purple NT amps....sorry for the shameless plea....lol....they are all that I am missing for my "NT" system...oh well...I have plenty to put in place(including a pair of HCCA 425 boards in Orion "XTR" sinks...(the purple ones' "red" cousins that I franensteined)...but I simply must get my grubby hands on at least two of Purple NT, preferably four....lol, depending on model of course..but in reality I will take ANYTHING, any condition.  Should of bought some ten years ago, as I havent even seen any for sale in the past few years....oh well....some day my pretties, some day....lol

Sill enjoy looking at the "old" posts here from a few years back, and even the  "new" ones; kind of an odd paradox now though, in the year 2015....still get a chuckle out of seeing now ten year old gear being called "old school", or the like.  Nothing malicious or mad, just a chuckle....

SOO....keep them "old" pics a comin'....I KNOW there are more 90's pics around.  I only went to a few local (midwest) shows way back when, but I am sure there are some pics of some of my "old" systems out there somewhere...  I quit competing with my own vehicles after I went to a show and few days later someone "liberated" from me a silver/Blue Autotek BTS7204(my FIRST Autotek) AND (still grinding teeth in anger twenty plus years later) a MINT Autotek BTS 7050XX....I was original owner(one of the few amps I bought new, even with employee discount...lol) and had only had it for about a month or so....Both were in the pictured Blazer but with a larger box and only the 15's no 10's for "mid bass"...good idea...poor execution on my part(those Kicker Comp tens were the WRONG speakers for "midbass', at least in that setup...I eventually just un hooked them...lol, and the the 15's "do their thing".... ;)

Anyway, as I always have hated on posts with no pics, here is a "old school" one I took for someone who didnt believe me that there were 10" versions of the Gen1 JBLs, granted they arent marked "1000Watt", they are a measly "600Watt"  :) , the "test" cd is there for size reference..lol ...all I am missing are the 8"s...though even I am still not sure if they ever existed...lol...seen JBL lit, but that still doesnt mean they were "REAL"..lol...not until they are in my hands...:)  Further size reference, that pool table is a 4.5'x 9'.   Yes, the 18" needs a recone(poor packaging...very sad, but I will try to salvage the dustcap...might take some creative "artwork' though..), the 12" I bought "as-is"(I DID NOT do that recone...) and threw it in the pic because I had already sold off the rest of my 12's....:(...only have that and one other...one reconed to 8 ohms, the other to 4 ohms...seller neglected to mention that "little" detail....lol.  Oh well...still have 4 of the 15's NIB....and there they will stay...lol, unless some Purple NTs show up on my door step...lol...sorry I really cant help myself...I have an addiction.....:)  Enjoy....Bonus if you can identify the "preamp" at the top of the pic...hint, not car audio...and it "glows"....;)...that one I WILL take to the grave, it was a gift from a very good friend/employer who couldnt make payroll one week(long sad story)....I had NO IDEA what a "gift" it was until several years later...so sorry and ashamed that I was "PISSED" at not getting "paid" that week....live and learn....

IMG00349.jpg

I have more I just got to dig on some old drives smile.png

Played with three 12's firing up port to the plate @ 40hz,, And had less output then two 12's firing to the plate with the port firing at the plate@35hz..

My friend who got me into car audio still has his three Kicker CVR subs, the model before those. I will have to post up a picture of my three 12" Kicker CVXs, used to love me some Kicker.

gallery_7913_639_16800.jpg

two subs and port to the rear with one firing up (tuned 26hz), got down but definitely needed way more port area.

Edited by jay-cee

Lovin' that this thread is still alive and kickin'...quite surprised to see the topic notification show up in my email.  Seems like its been way more than five years though, time flies I suppose.  Rather ironic that I am a "newbie' here too..lol, oh well...much like my systems now....guess I'm "stealth" as well...lol...fine by me....seriously...hehe....  But I do still collect old gear like a nutcase(when I can find/afford it)....have sadly cut the collection about in half though....STILL looking for some Purple NT amps....sorry for the shameless plea....lol....they are all that I am missing for my "NT" system...oh well...I have plenty to put in place(including a pair of HCCA 425 boards in Orion "XTR" sinks...(the purple ones' "red" cousins that I franensteined)...but I simply must get my grubby hands on at least two of Purple NT, preferably four....lol, depending on model of course..but in reality I will take ANYTHING, any condition.  Should of bought some ten years ago, as I havent even seen any for sale in the past few years....oh well....some day my pretties, some day....lol

Sill enjoy looking at the "old" posts here from a few years back, and even the  "new" ones; kind of an odd paradox now though, in the year 2015....still get a chuckle out of seeing now ten year old gear being called "old school", or the like.  Nothing malicious or mad, just a chuckle....

SOO....keep them "old" pics a comin'....I KNOW there are more 90's pics around.  I only went to a few local (midwest) shows way back when, but I am sure there are some pics of some of my "old" systems out there somewhere...  I quit competing with my own vehicles after I went to a show and few days later someone "liberated" from me a silver/Blue Autotek BTS7204(my FIRST Autotek) AND (still grinding teeth in anger twenty plus years later) a MINT Autotek BTS 7050XX....I was original owner(one of the few amps I bought new, even with employee discount...lol) and had only had it for about a month or so....Both were in the pictured Blazer but with a larger box and only the 15's no 10's for "mid bass"...good idea...poor execution on my part(those Kicker Comp tens were the WRONG speakers for "midbass', at least in that setup...I eventually just un hooked them...lol, and the the 15's "do their thing".... ;)

Anyway, as I always have hated on posts with no pics, here is a "old school" one I took for someone who didnt believe me that there were 10" versions of the Gen1 JBLs, granted they arent marked "1000Watt", they are a measly "600Watt"  :) , the "test" cd is there for size reference..lol ...all I am missing are the 8"s...though even I am still not sure if they ever existed...lol...seen JBL lit, but that still doesnt mean they were "REAL"..lol...not until they are in my hands...:)  Further size reference, that pool table is a 4.5'x 9'.   Yes, the 18" needs a recone(poor packaging...very sad, but I will try to salvage the dustcap...might take some creative "artwork' though..), the 12" I bought "as-is"(I DID NOT do that recone...) and threw it in the pic because I had already sold off the rest of my 12's....:(...only have that and one other...one reconed to 8 ohms, the other to 4 ohms...seller neglected to mention that "little" detail....lol.  Oh well...still have 4 of the 15's NIB....and there they will stay...lol, unless some Purple NTs show up on my door step...lol...sorry I really cant help myself...I have an addiction.....:)  Enjoy....Bonus if you can identify the "preamp" at the top of the pic...hint, not car audio...and it "glows"....;)...that one I WILL take to the grave, it was a gift from a very good friend/employer who couldnt make payroll one week(long sad story)....I had NO IDEA what a "gift" it was until several years later...so sorry and ashamed that I was "PISSED" at not getting "paid" that week....live and learn....

IMG00349.jpg

If there is a pole vent yozu can roll that dustcap back out

J

If there is a pole vent yozu can roll that dustcap back out

J

I think I goofed the settings here, trying not to have another repeat pic....oops...guess I deserve that newbie status afer all.....;)

Yeah, its there, but it has coil rub, so something is out of whack in there.  I havent even put power to it yet, in case the coil is only slighly bent.  I have a second one in almost same condition, exept that the spider is collapsed.  Still "plays", but I have "BIG" plans for the two of them in SQ, and they will be perfect mechanically when I do recone them, cosmetics will be a close second.  Going to try my best to save the cones, what really makes them different from the JBL prosound drivers, well that and the nominal impedance.  Plus the heavier cones seem to take a bit more "abuse" that comes naturally in a car environment, plus according to the T/S parameters listed they play a bit lower due to the added mass I assume.  I have plenty of MEK on hand to soften up the joints there.  Just not a priority project ATM.  Even if I have to make my own domed silk screens, when I am done with them, they'll be "purdy" enough to fool most.  ;)

Thanks for the great suggestion though, I have popped many a dust cover back out...even with out vents.    pins and vacuum cleaners work wonders...lol.  even proper placed gaffer's tape pulled at just the right angle and speed(think band aid...lol) can even make the creases disappear.  Only been able to pull off that last one once though....bad pun intended...lol....:)

My friend who got me into car audio still has his three Kicker CVR subs, the model before those. I will have to post up a picture of my three 12" Kicker CVXs, used to love me some Kicker.

I had some CVR 15's the series your talking about I will post some pics when I get home..pretty nice little series.. IMO

I believe these was the 07' series CVR's the model before the pics above..

">http://1_zpskim8uspa.jpg

">http://2_zps7mnf7tef.jpg

I had 08 CVRs that i enjoyed for a while, they are now in my sisters car running on a 300 watt amp. She loves 'em.

I believe these was the 07' series CVR's the model before the pics above..

">http://1_zpskim8uspa.jpg

">http://2_zps7mnf7tef.jpg

I had 08 CVRs that i enjoyed for a while, they are now in my sisters car running on a 300 watt amp. She loves 'em.

I sold the 2 Cvr's that was in that stratus with the enclosure with the subs and port to the plate to a buddy of mine that kept bugging me for them got stuffed in a 2 door civic..lol  

I pretty much give him a old school Memphis I think bench marked @ 2200@ 2 ohms..Think this one was it pic is shit!! I had several belle's..

">http://http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/mikel7829/media/BgR72BGkKGrHqIH-D4EsLIKYHehBLEsjM0lQ_35_zpsmssuy0hv.jpg.html'>BgR72BGkKGrHqIH-D4EsLIKYHehBLEsjM0lQ_35_

these are the oldest install pics I got 

149.2db legal on the dash and levitated the car on 15hz

I actually stripped this car down to a bare shell and completely restored it

5492810143_large.jpg

5492810141_large.jpg

5492810144_large.jpg

5492810005_large.jpg

5492810122_large.jpg

5492810139_large.jpg

5492810044_large.jpg

5492810001_large.jpg

5492810010_large.jpg

5492810057_large.jpg

this picture was taken at 15hz ..... check out the wrinkles in the surround

5492810114_large.jpg

149.2db @ 33hz  legal on the dash with only 1100w rms on the subs  "Thunderfest 2004"

5492810126_large.jpg

Nice!

We need more from the past...cool.png

I would love to but, all pictures from the 80's and 90's got missed placed. Back in the day we went to SBN 3 years in a row and a couple friends placed very high.  

I would love to but, all pictures from the 80's and 90's got missed placed. Back in the day we went to SBN 3 years in a row and a couple friends placed very high.  

I have 100's of old HD man....With all sorts of pics and music I need to go through...I am trying to find pics of my durango.

For Thumper...Scroll up and you can see my 2006 stratus page 5 and 6 smile.png

same car , only difference  mine is white

might as well do an engine repair thread............................LOL