stockley1234

2 10" Ported, 2 12" Sealed, or 1 15" Ported?? - 2010 ICONS

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I use?

i agree with notorious on the tuning. 27 is way to low and u wont be happy if its for daily, i've got a single rockford fosgate power hx2 15. my first box was tuned at 30hz, it was to low hit the lows but thats about it. then i was told 40hz would be good for daily w/ my music choice rap hiphop. that was too high so after many hours of googlin i decided on 33hz. 33hz hits the lows awesome, while it also will still hit higher bass notes.

also if ur not dead st on the hifonics amp there are better choices out there that will actually do rated power. if price is an issue audiopipe are cheap and do rated power. the ap3000.1d is a huge(long) amp but does rated power at 2ohm, its only 2ohm stable but thats ok for wut ur gonna run.

but if price isnt an issue since u gotta save for it anyway i'd go with a sundown for sure. sundowns customer service is better then any other, and there products are top notch.and they actually do more than rated power. if u wanna save some cash on a sundown amp troll the for sale section on here or other forums and get a used one, or check out

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store/

^^^^they are the official repair/refurbish place for sundown. i can vouch they do awesome work, i bought 2 saz1500's blown for $150, sold one for $150 and had them rebuild the other and its just a beast

i agree with notorious on the tuning. 27 is way to low and u wont be happy if its for daily, i've got a single rockford fosgate power hx2 15. my first box was tuned at 30hz, it was to low hit the lows but thats about it. then i was told 40hz would be good for daily w/ my music choice rap hiphop. that was too high so after many hours of googlin i decided on 33hz. 33hz hits the lows awesome, while it also will still hit higher bass notes.

also if ur not dead st on the hifonics amp there are better choices out there that will actually do rated power. if price is an issue audiopipe are cheap and do rated power. the ap3000.1d is a huge(long) amp but does rated power at 2ohm, its only 2ohm stable but thats ok for wut ur gonna run.

but if price isnt an issue since u gotta save for it anyway i'd go with a sundown for sure. sundowns customer service is better then any other, and there products are top notch.and they actually do more than rated power. if u wanna save some cash on a sundown amp troll the for sale section on here or other forums and get a used one, or check out

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store/

^^^^they are the official repair/refurbish place for sundown. i can vouch they do awesome work, i bought 2 saz1500's blown for $150, sold one for $150 and had them rebuild the other and its just a beast

The Audiopipe 30001d will play at ohm. It is just two Ap 1500s strapped. It can do 1500 @ 1ohm per channel or 3000 @ 2ohms.

If you're looking for a great bang for buck amp check out Audioque.

So far it looks like you are on the right track. Welcome to the community. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

EDIT: Audioque's website: http://www.audioque.com/aq/

Edited by Dutchie.

Agreed about tuning.. my tuning was 32hz and it was extremely loud and low! 27 hz will lack MAJOR output, personally I would tune between 32 and 35hz.

2 Icons would be more than enough. I had one and i could feel the port wind upfront in a sedan. Loved it. I couldn't imagine having 2 of those babies! lol. I'd do 2 10" Icons ported to 32hz.

2 Icons would be more than enough. I had one and i could feel the port wind upfront in a sedan. Loved it. I couldn't imagine having 2 of those babies! lol. I'd do 2 10" Icons ported to 32hz.

I like this idea, if he can wait until they are ready.

Alright, so this is what I came up with over the past while and I think this box will fit. The box is made for a 15" Fi BL D1, the box is 3.209ft^3 tuned to 27.4Hz.

The external dimensions without port are as follows:

L = 28", H = 18.5", D = 15".

The external dimensions with port are as follows:

L = 32", H = 18.5", D = 19.75".

The port dimensions are as follows:

W = 3.25", Front to Back = 15.75", Right to Left = 24".

The internal dimensions are as follows:

W = 26.5", H = 17", D = 13.5".

Criticism welcome! :)

Like everyone is saying already, a higher tuning would be to your benefit. Just reduce the port length on your design and you should be good to go! Good luck man

I have a 15 inch sound solutions audio xcon in my wife's 04 lancer ralliart. I took the back seats out took all the plastic off and removed about 1/4 inch of material around the trunk opening into the car. i went upto the spot weld but left it there. i can fit my wife's box which is 3.8cuft3 at 34hz tuned port. i have pics in my build log on here.

This post is over a year old lol

yeah i realized that after i had already commented, did a general search and it came up ha, im a idiot

Haha I read the whole thread also

LOL. Holy thread bump batman. I have been away from the SSA forums basically since my last post back in 2010. I made the decision to use 2 12" Fi SSD D1 after. I managed to get a 5 cu ft box at 33Hz in too! I beat the Ralliart up a bit doing it but it worked. The Fi's are currently for sale now though, going with a stealth installed SA-8 V2; cannot wait. Should be making a build log once I get into it.

Scanning through the threads, I was completely surprised to see this thread so recent, I missed some helpful information when I left too. Thanks to the people that took the time to help me out!

OH wow :Doh:

I just read throught the whole thing not even looking at the date!

OH wow Doh.gif

hahahahahaha

OH wow Doh.gif

Same here. Lol.