ssh

What would this be considered?

Your design looks interesting. I reminds me of a sixth order bandpass box. I think you should try it and see what it sounds like. If you don't like it, scrap it, and build a box you know will sound good.

Your design looks interesting. I reminds me of a sixth order bandpass box. I think you should try it and see what it sounds like. If you don't like it, scrap it, and build a box you know will sound good.

I'm tempted to go ahead with it, money isn't easy to come by for me so I'd hate having to build another box if it doesn't work.

Time for me to decide :P

Anyone know the distance between cone and floor for unloading should be? Drivers are sa12s.

any reason why the subs cant fire up?

I hope your glue won't effect the subs integrity

I'm not following you?

Ive come to understand that fumes from wood glue, liquid nails ect Can effect the glue used in the fabrication of the sub itself. And it looks as if you will have to build the box around the sub, so the fumes could effect it.

I'm not following you?

Ive come to understand that fumes from wood glue, liquid nails ect Can effect the glue used in the fabrication of the sub itself. And it looks as if you will have to build the box around the sub, so the fumes could effect it.

:WTFBubble:

I'm not following you?

:WTFBubble:

yes some fumes can cause the rubber to weaken... thats why you use fume free sealants.

thats sort of a myth or old wives tale. certain construction adhesives and silicones let off a gas as they cure and the myth is this gas reacts with the surround and degrades it. in my experience, i have never seen such a thing. and besides, you should be using wood glue anyway, which doesnt do any of that nasty out gassing.

as far as the box, it will behave like a 6th order bandpass, or what the12volt calls a dual reflex bandpass

dualbpass3cham.gif

the center section will act as a port so its size and length will act to tune the front waves from the sub. that said, you're probably going to be in experimental territory on this one. i wouldnt know where to start on figuring this one out. i had a friend try it with 8 12s in a blow through on a single cab chevy. he didnt really do much math on the center section and just ballparked it. ended up sounding decent, getting loud, etc. but you never know if there was missed potential there.

Yeah, then I can't store stuff on top of the box :P

I think I'm just going to do a simple down firing setup, it's easy, if I need to get to my subs I won't have to cut the box open, I don't have to guess with the center gap.

Thanks for everyone's opinions, except for the glue gas bs. :)

Ive always considered that a "loaded" 4th order BP.....but im sure there are other names for it...... was considering something similar many years ago....came up with this.....

two tens on each side.....cant see the other two because of the angle.....each side was sealed from right to left, but the speakers facing eachother had about a 3 inch slot to "share" airspace. Still get some sort of loading effect I think, but it was an experimental build.....so no calcs except for box volume. It worked, and worked well....hurt your chest with just a Sony XM-4040 pushing them. If they had some real power it would off been something else. It was my cousins truck and it was too much bass for him so he ditched the box after a month and did two orion tens with a 225hcca.....still pissed at him for that...lol. I kept half that box for years and used it as a home theater sub....if I would of kept the other side, I would still have them as the bottom end of one of my home systems.... we got lucky with speaker and box design...doesnt happen often. thats why i do mostly sealed.....fast fun and easy....lol

johnsystemunder.jpg

Yeah, then I can't store stuff on top of the box :P

I think I'm just going to do a simple down firing setup, it's easy, if I need to get to my subs I won't have to cut the box open, I don't have to guess with the center gap.

Thanks for everyone's opinions, except for the glue gas bs. :)

Personally, I say try it. Build your downfiring too, but try this as well. Whats the worst that can happen? You find out it works like shit.

Best outcome? You are happy as a pig in shit.

J