edouble101

Stetsom 2k wiring question

Will one run of 1/0 wire (front battery to back battery) be enough to supply power to a 2k with another 85x4wrms amp? I am also thinking about one run of 0 gauge instead of 1/0.

Thanks

Should be fine for that power, 0 = 1/0. All the 1/0 means is ONE zero, hence 2/0 = 00, 3/0 = 000, and 4/0 = 0000.

You should be more then fine. In my daily, which has 1 SAZ-2500D and 1 SAX-100.4 I only have 1 run of 1/0 and it never has issues.

Should be fine for that power, 0 = 1/0. All the 1/0 means is ONE zero, hence 2/0 = 00, 3/0 = 000, and 4/0 = 0000.

Really? Well I feel kinda dumb then lol. I thought 0 gauge was rated for 300 amps and 1/0 250 amps. Which lead me to believe 0 gauge was larger in diameter. I ha e used 1/0 many many times but never "0".

Thanks Duran.

You should be more then fine. In my daily, which has 1 SAZ-2500D and 1 SAX-100.4 I only have 1 run of 1/0 and it never has issues.

Thanks for your input. I will not be pushing the 2K5 whatsoever so I should be fine with 1/0 like you :drink40: Are you using 250amp fuses on the 1/0?

You'll get weird looks calling it zero gauge as well, if you need 1/0 ask for one aught, I'm not sure if it's a welding cable term or a general wire term, but I learned that when I first needed 1/0 :)

:thanx: