slim142

1 12 = 140dbs & 4 18s = 156? How come?

I would like somebody to explain to me how Mark gets 143dbs with 1 12" XCON on a khaotik enclosure and the guy from the tahoe only reaches ~156dbs with 4 18s?

I mean, I know after certain point, each db requires more than just another amplifier or an extra battery, but I cant understand why the difference is so close. Either the XCON is THAT good or there is something going on with the smd subs

Is it that the 18s are in a box that is not spacious enough? or is it that the box needs a redesign? I believe I remember st3ve saying each of the smd subs had 4.65 cubic feet, I think that sounds kinda tight.

Installation trial and error !!! If you build it wrong, tear it out, get after it ...

If you build it right, tear it out and try to make it better ... The more installation experience, well there you go ...

We have a vehicle in our camp that holds a world record of 180.9 in its class. 2 12s and 2 Linear Power 4.1s ... A pair of 10s at world finals street beat class did an obscene number this year ... anything is possible bro ...

There is not a linear increase based on cone size and power. Just too many factors that play into it.

There is not a linear increase based on cone size and power. Just too many factors that play into it.

x2!!! its vehicle and install dependant. also frequency, there are just too many factors to play into this. and yea, 156 is like crazyness loud compared to a 143.... lol

I would like somebody to explain to me how Mark gets 143dbs with 1 12" XCON on a khaotik enclosure and the guy from the tahoe only reaches ~156dbs with 4 18s?

I mean, I know after certain point, each db requires more than just another amplifier or an extra battery, but I cant understand why the difference is so close. Either the XCON is THAT good or there is something going on with the smd subs

Is it that the 18s are in a box that is not spacious enough? or is it that the box needs a redesign? I believe I remember st3ve saying each of the smd subs had 4.65 cubic feet, I think that sounds kinda tight.

these vehicles you are reffering to could also be testing at very different frequiencies. Alot of factors here.

Alexis' Caddy made her run a 77 htz.

Now I understand

But that leads me to ask, so why did he bother with 4 18s when he could have used all that space for maybe 2 12s, a nicely designed box and much more amp power?

Was it a personal choice or did it have to do with SQ over SPL?

Now I understand

But that leads me to ask, so why did he bother with 4 18s when he could have used all that space for maybe 2 12s, a nicely designed box and much more amp power?

Owwner prefference i guess ... some people drice fords, some chevys, some dodge. Who knows, what ever works for them, especially in competition where the vehicles are set up to meet the competition class rules.

Was it a personal choice or did it have to do with SQ over SPL?

2 difference objects here ... nuff said for me ...

hahaha slim142 every 3db's you increase it's twice as loud so a 143 is a joke compared to a 156!!!!!!

143-146-149-152-155!!! 5x louder thats a hell alot louder!

hahaha slim142 every 3db's you increase it's twice as loud so a 143 is a joke compared to a 156!!!!!!

I see

I guess what I need is somebody to give me a demo of 140 and then 155db to clearly experience the difference myself.

Sucks to know in south FL, its been nearly impossible to find somebody with that amount of bass.

I can tell you right now one's loud and the other one IS Ear popping LOUD!!!

I see

I guess what I need is somebody to give me a demo of 140 and then 155db to clearly experience the difference myself.

Sucks to know in south FL, its been nearly impossible to find somebody with that amount of bass.

Hell, i figured a place like that would be the homeland for ground pounders ... If I lived near the beach, I probably wouldn't have a SQ vehicle, well yes i would.

I see

Your just not in the bass scene down there, Florida has some of the loudest vehicles. Start going to shows and what not, thats a way to hear real bass (over 150dbs) compared to novice bass most of us on here have :ughdunno: .

I mean, the "best" I have seen is my friend who had 2 15"s Kickers (Yep, you guessed it right) L7s, he had a really nice setup BUT his amp was one of those random-ass brand ones and he wasnt getting the best out of those subs. He hit hard, but I wasnt surprised. When I realized about the amp then I knew why.

Then one time I was in Tampa and I saw this blue impala that seemed to have 2 15"s. That shit was LOUD, I heard it blocks away clear and loud, when it passed by where I was, I was impressed by the bass coming out of that car. Kinda wished he could have given me a demo lol

So yeah, I do not know what 150dbs feel like, or even 140dbs. But trust me, IM DYING TO HEAR A SYSTEM THAT LOUD! (thanks to this forum and the people here hahahahha)

About the shows, there are some, but sucks I have to drive pretty much 2 hours north. Im between south beach and broward and trust me, I have not seen or heard about any shows here in the Miami-Dade area. Everything is up there (Palm beach, west palm, tampa, orlando) and thats a 2 hour drive for me (4 to orlando).

get on FloridaSPL.com and you will see that there are shows in your are, there was a show in Homestead last weekend I believe.

Twice as loud = 10dB increase (as far as I know)

Twice the power = 3dB increase

Hearing threshold = ~1dB

About the shows, there are some, but sucks I have to drive pretty much 2 hours north. Im between south beach and broward and trust me, I have not seen or heard about any shows here in the Miami-Dade area. Everything is up there (Palm beach, west palm, tampa, orlando) and thats a 2 hour drive for me (4 to orlando).

2 hours is nothing. ive driven 8+ hours to go to worthy shows. the bass is out there. you have to go find it.

i go down to south florida every spring break. If u wanna hear what high 50s sound like, you can if u want me to stop by your place on the way down....

It won't be til around middle of March of next year. PM me if u want so u don't lose me.

and that guy with the Tahoe he could be a lot louder... but doesn't have sufficient port are :(

and that guy with the Tahoe he could be a lot louder... but doesn't have sufficient port are :(

which one? Theres two hoes?

You suck at math. That's actually 2^4 x louder which would be 16X not 5X

At 143, your eyes might vibrate a little, you can feel your ear drums flexing, it's not all too intense though. At 155, your eyes get blurry bad, it starts to get hard to breathe, and your head feels like someone is sitting on it. The feel varies at different frequencies, I'm just saying I've sat in both on music and that's what I experienced. 143 to 155 may be a small number increase, but a big SPL increase.

Let's not forget Alan Dante's 1 18" puling 180+

There is a huge difference in installation, because those "guys" with the Tahoe's have more power and cone area than Dante, yet he's more loud, how do you think that happens?

It's obvious they don't know what their doing :lol:

Your math is incorrect sir.

For every 3 db gain the sound is twice as loud.

So 146 is 2x louder then 143, and 149 is 2x louder then 146, making 149 4x louder then 143. And thus a 155 is 16 times louder then a 143......

The sound difference is more then most can comprehend without have listening to both for extended periods, I have owned a truck that did a 143 on music, and I now own a van that does a 150 on music, and even that gap is simple astounding.

You suck at math. That's actually 2^4 x louder which would be 16X not 5X

Didn't see this till after I posted. lol