slim142

1 12 = 140dbs & 4 18s = 156? How come?

hahaha slim142 every 3db's you increase it's twice as loud so a 143 is a joke compared to a 156!!!!!!

143-146-149-152-155!!! 5x louder thats a hell alot louder!

Twice as loud = 10dB increase (as far as I know)

Twice the power = 3dB increase

Hearing threshold = ~1dB

3db is actually twice the acoustic power, which is technically "twice as loud".

Human hearing is just very insensitive, so it takes a 6db-10db difference (depending on frequency, etc) for our ears to recognize it as being double the volume or twice as loud.

hahaha slim142 every 3db's you increase it's twice as loud so a 143 is a joke compared to a 156!!!!!!

I see

I guess what I need is somebody to give me a demo of 140 and then 155db to clearly experience the difference myself.

Sucks to know in south FL, its been nearly impossible to find somebody with that amount of bass.

It will literally take your breathe away. Crazy.

get on FloridaSPL.com and you will see that there are shows in your are, there was a show in Homestead last weekend I believe.

Definitely will check it out deeper. Last time I was there I didnt see much activity which made me leave the forum.

About the shows, there are some, but sucks I have to drive pretty much 2 hours north. Im between south beach and broward and trust me, I have not seen or heard about any shows here in the Miami-Dade area. Everything is up there (Palm beach, west palm, tampa, orlando) and thats a 2 hour drive for me (4 to orlando).

2 hours is nothing. ive driven 8+ hours to go to worthy shows. the bass is out there. you have to go find it.

I wish I had your free time

i go down to south florida every spring break. If u wanna hear what high 50s sound like, you can if u want me to stop by your place on the way down....

It won't be til around middle of March of next year. PM me if u want so u don't lose me.

PM'ed

and that guy with the Tahoe he could be a lot louder... but doesn't have sufficient port are :(

and that guy with the Tahoe he could be a lot louder... but doesn't have sufficient port are :(

which one? Theres two hoes?

The one that has a youtube channel ending with 916. Thats who Im referring to when I say "the guy from the tahoe"

At 143, your eyes might vibrate a little, you can feel your ear drums flexing, it's not all too intense though. At 155, your eyes get blurry bad, it starts to get hard to breathe, and your head feels like someone is sitting on it. The feel varies at different frequencies, I'm just saying I've sat in both on music and that's what I experienced. 143 to 155 may be a small number increase, but a big SPL increase.

That description makes me go look for someone who can hit 150dbs right now :suicide-santa:

Let's not forget Alan Dante's 1 18" puling 180+

There is a huge difference in installation, because those "guys" with the Tahoe's have more power and cone area than Dante, yet he's more loud, how do you think that happens?

It's obvious they don't know what their doing :lol:

Im pretty sure mr. meade knows what he is doing? :ehh:

And yeah, I read about Dante's 180db world record. But at the same time I think I read that because of the concrete inside, his car is not mobile anymore?

I rather have a 156db that I can actually drive :lol2:

160 db is pretty hard to break in a normal install. You have to do severe vehicular modifications to get above that, and most of the time that renders the vehicle undriveable. So 156 is pretty close to as loud as you can get in a typical install. It's somewhat easy to get to 140. Almost any decent 12-15 in a ported box will be around there. But each db above that is harder to attain.

hey man i went from 142db to 145.5db and let me tell you! i was very impressed!

sure 3.5db's doesn't sound like much but when you are sitting there 3db is the world o and with 1 window down TL in the passenger side i get 146.5db~

and this is on a single 15inch sub on 2-saz2500 right now

160 db is pretty hard to break in a normal install. You have to do severe vehicular modifications to get above that, and most of the time that renders the vehicle undriveable. So 156 is pretty close to as loud as you can get in a typical install. It's somewhat easy to get to 140. Almost any decent 12-15 in a ported box will be around there. But each db above that is harder to attain.

very true!

Im pretty sure mr. meade knows what he is doing? :ehh: ...

If only that were the case.

well guys Ive got some amazing news!!!

Im going to my very first db drag/ IASCA show! Gonna be driving 60-90 mins just to hear the loudest cars in FL!!!

Hope to see people with Fi, AA, Sundown and SSA gear!

I guess one of my dreams to hear 150+dbs is going to become true!

150+ is damn loud. I built a system in a Dodge Durango a few years back with the original Adire Tempests. It did over 150, at the headrest, (none of that kick panel or windshield bs.... mic'd what your head felt) on music.... On a TL. I was retarded loud to drive around and listen to that crap..... I could stand it for about a minute or so...

By the way, this crap is horrible for your hearing.. lol...

Edited by 95Honda

Twice as loud = 10dB increase (as far as I know)

Twice the power = 3dB increase

Hearing threshold = ~1dB

3db is actually twice the acoustic power, which is technically "twice as loud".

I stand corrected then :)

To your ear, it does take about 10db to be percieved as twice as loud. I don't make this statement because of something I've read, I make it due to building and testing amplifiers for the last 20 years and constantly listening to test tones. I also have been a radio technician for the last 13 years in the military, and I can tell you, in agonizing truth, how intimate I am with a 1000Hz test tone, for hours on end, at all different levels.... lol....

First impressions

MMATS did a very good job on advertising themselves around mid and north florida. At least 3 guys seemed to be using MMATS subwoofers/amps.

The most impressive cars in the contest were a pick up with 2 18" juggernauts and like 4 coaxials + the ones on the doors. Then another truck (which I felt like it hitted harder than the 2 18"s) had 3 15" juggernauts. THAT SH!T WAS LOUD SON!!!

I never heard something like that before in my life. I just couldnt believe how loud it was. Im pretty sure if I was driving around that truck, I would probably have the bass knob half way up hahahaha

Edited by slim142

161, and very drivable.

Boobies would make your video better Drew!

:boobies: