MikeMartel

Fi BTL 18" N2 Box

Ok, so iv decided with my price budget that it would be best to get one 18" Fi BTL. The only problem with that is I have a 2004 Impala, and the recommended box cutout is a little too big. It says the height should be 22.5" but i only have room for around 19" max. Would those couple of inches really be that big of a deal? or do you have other suggestions on how i should build my box? I have plenty of room for Width and Depth, its only the height that seems to be an issue.

Extend the width and depth to compensate for the height :)

Edited by ManRossDamn

Change it around to make it fit your car and keep the same volume and tuning.

Alright, sounds good. Thats what i was thinking about doing i just dont have any experience with building my own box and iv heard its basically the most important part so i didnt want to screw it up. :)

Yeah, ill do my best ^^ Was previously thinking i should get two 12's but with the price of the extra sub, and amp, it wasnt worth it. Plus the 18" has more cone area ;)

I loveeeee my 18" <3

:D

Type R's can't even compete..

Post your dimensions that you come up with in here and we'll double check to make sure you have your size and tuning correct.

Yeah, ill do my best ^^ Was previously thinking i should get two 12's but with the price of the extra sub, and amp, it wasnt worth it. Plus the 18" has more cone area ;)

although it does have more cone area..do you really want to stick an 18 in the trunk? If i were you i would look into the 12 or 15 version. Because you still need space for amps, batts etc..

Depends on the car/vehicle

My 4Runner has no space for an extra battery to sit around in and barely enough space for my amp

Cresendo needs to make a 1K amp that's down to .5 ohms.. then i'd get one..

Bass has to get into the cab somehow cant fill your whole trunk full of equipment and a box and exspect it to be loud if the sound waves only have a couple of inches to get around the box to get into the cab. Hope your back seat goes down.

I'd do a trunk wall with a 15". Seriously you can get way louder that way then having an 18" facing up in the trunk.

Yeah and fry every tinsel you hook it up to.

Bad idea boss.

Yeah and fry every tinsel you hook it up to.

Bad idea boss.

Haha. I saw a 3kwp wired at .5 on really good electrical getting two dc lvl 5 12's stinky as hell.

Explains why they have the Cresendo 3K at .5 ohms?

Smooth.

-_-"

Jeeze, such a smart guy

Well. First off I will be facing the sub outward. And my seats don't fold down. But I think I'll make a port where my middle back seat is. I'll figure out something to make

It work

Good luck!

And watch me get more warnings

:facepalm:

Explains why they have the Cresendo 3K at .5 ohms?

Smooth.

-_-"

Jeeze, such a smart guy

They had it at a 1/2 ohm because they thought they could get "4k" unclipped power out of it, but ended up getting the level 5's stinky as hell without even being that loud.

Why would you not get an amp to do power at 2 or 1 ohms? Why strain the electricals, sub, and amp more by running it at .5 ohms? That's stupid. For comps for a burp or two is fine but if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

Also, I think OP should have gotten a 15 but if you bought it already, sorry. I guess you can make it work.

Why would you not get an amp to do power at 2 or 1 ohms? Why strain the electricals, sub, and amp more by running it at .5 ohms? That's stupid. For comps for a burp or two is fine but if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

Also, I think OP should have gotten a 15 but if you bought it already, sorry. I guess you can make it work.

That's always been how I think. Just because an amp goes down further doesn't make it better for some reason. I'm in the process of looking a new amp for my dual .7 btl, and it's either going to do power at 2 ohm, or I'll get two smaller amps and strap them at 2 ohms.