smgreen20

"No Limits"

Well after having my wife TELL me to go play in the garage and put in my other amp in my truck (a 2000 GMC Sierra Z71 ext cab) before it gets to cold, I did it and I'm so pleased w/the sound and looks. Here's a rundown of the equipment used.

HU: Eclipse AVN6620

AMP: Audison LRx5.1k

MIDS: Silver Flute W17RC38-4 (6 1/2")

TWEETERS: Phoenix Gold Elite (1") made by Morel after their MT-23 tweeter

SUBS: TREO SSi12.22 (12" dual 2 ohm VC)

EQ: AudioControl DQS

PROCESSOR: Phoenix Gold BassCube

The Truck,

DSC03674.jpg

HU, I had to modify the dash to fit the double din, as it WAS a din and a half. I still need to finish off the trim around it, but am going to wait until I have to pull the HU back out to run extra cables for the monitors that will be going into the back of the front headrests.

DSC04078.jpg

DSC04077.jpg

AMP, Chs 1/2 ~50w x 2 @ 4 ohms, Chs 3/4 ~160w x 2 @ 4 ohms, Ch 5 ~ 1150w x 1 @ 2 ohms, along w/the BassCube, DQS and +/- distro block.

DSC04080.jpg

DSC04079.jpg

DSC04081.jpg

Mids, I need to redo the black trim that is now around the mids enclosure. I need to get pics of it, but am waiting until I get it corrected.

DSC03920.jpg

DSC03923.jpg

Tweets, the pass side A-pillar needs to be touched up a bit too. It cracked a bit when I went to put it in. That shape was from the previous set up I had on them.

DSC03922.jpg

DSC03924.jpg

Subs, The sub box isn't 100% done just yet, maybe ~80%. I'm going to redo the grills for the subs and paint the box w/a textured paint just like the mid pods and A-pillars.

DSC01946.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01948.jpg

P1040130.jpg

I don't have the gains dialed in 100% yet, but it's close and I need to tweek the eqs a bit. The HU has a 7 band para and the DQS is a 30 band graphic x 6 ch, + 2 band para per ch. for a total of 192 bands of eq for the DQS and another 7 = 199 bands of EQ hell.

I'm using Eagles Hotel California as a reference disc. So far w/o much tweeking, it sounds great. I can really tel a difference from this amp and the PG ZX450va amp I was using on the mids/highs and that was a great amp in it's own right. I'm an Audison lover for life now after this amp has now spoiled me.

Nice amps :drink40:

The install for the amps is really nice & clean!!

Excellent work.

Good stuff! And how do those silver flutes sound? Iv been looking into making a pair of components with them

really nice install!!!

Good stuff! And how do those silver flutes sound? Iv been looking into making a pair of components with them

Just as good as the $500 set of Hybrid Audio L6 mids. I would still prefer to have the L6, but for the $30/per mid, I can't justify the cost diff right now. Later perhaps.

Very nice setup. Way to use your space and awesome equipment. :drink40: