rgncjn

JBL Midrange Blown

As the subject says I have blown one of my JBL mids. Does anyone know if I could by just the mids or possibly send the one I blew back to JBL for a repair. I have never delt with JBL so I don't know if they ever offer something like that. I am very pleased with the mids and don't feel like replacing the complete component system.

Did you call and ask JBL?

I plan on doing that tomorrow. It happen this afternoon after work. Just putting the word out now to see if anyone else has either delt with JBL or would know of a place where I can buy just the woofer from the component set.

As a follow up while I was returning home yesterday the speaker that I though was damaged began playing again. Is it possible that I pushed it past its mechanical limit and it became stuck? I plan on taking it out this week to inspect it for damage, however it sounds perfectly fine.

If it sounds fine now, it's possible that it was a signal problem, not a speaker problem. How did you determine it was blown in the first place? Was it sounding bad or did it just stop playing?

I made a rookie mistake by playing with the different settings on my HU while playing at a high level. In the past the woofers on the set will make a harsh popping sound if pushed too far. When I accidently hit a setting in my HU it increased the bass and the woofer made a popping sound and immediately stopped playing after.