BanginGMC

Help me pick out some tweeters

My current system is (2) 15" AA SMD (2) SAZ-3500D (4) 7" AA Carbon Fiber (1) SAX 4.100D (4) XS Power D3100 (1) DC Power 320Amp Alt.

The power range in the tweeters i'm lookin in is roughly 80-150rms. I am looking into Seas right now, as i was recommended to them by a few people and i've heard Marks and they sound great, but last time i checked.. Marks were sold out. FML. I am considering Super Tweeters also though, because they will get stupid loud. My budget is 100-200 total for tweeters.

What i'm looking for is tweeters that will get really loud, so it will have a standing chance with my sub stage.

I recently had (2) complete Alpine Type R component sets, REALLY loud but not with my sub stage.. I know that it WILL be hard to have a front stage that'll keep up with my sub stage, i just need LOUDEST i can have with my application. Links please!

I will get 2 pairs Seas if necessary, this is my last time i'm doing my front stage (hopefully) I want to make one order and be done, not one order.. install them, then have to make another and wait because they weren't loud enough.

The mounting location for the tweeters will be in the dash firing upward, that won't change. I'm debating on another 4.100 or a 2.125 for the tweeters. Space is an issue.

All suggestions are welcome, if any other information is needed let me know.

Thanks,

Dom.

---------------------------------------------

See page three for new information on goals/needs.

What I would recomend are hard dome tweeters. Most hard/ metal dome tweeters get loud but won't be as harsh as a supertweeter.

If your considering Super Tweeters but dont want it to be too raspy then I would go with Selenium ST200, they are the ones I have. They get loud but are very smooth, they are like soft dome version of super tweeters.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-348

I have 4 of them, two each on a set of bridged channels. Im using the Boss Audio Amp in this thread:

Gains still low and I bought some bass blockers for now until I get an active headunit.

I have 4 of them, two each on a set of bridged channels. Im using the Boss Audio Amp in this thread:

Gains still low and I bought some bass blockers for now until I get an active headunit.

Do you think 4 of them in the dash would be too much?

silk is smoother.... The hard/metal composites as far as I know give off the harsher sounds ... at least with my aluminum tweeter set it did....

Horns

Horns

I was going to suggest CDT Horns

Horns

Horns
I was going to suggest CDT Horns

:drink40: What ^^^ said!! Horns can get loud!

What I would recomend are hard dome tweeters. Most hard/ metal dome tweeters get loud but won't be as harsh as a supertweeter.

Metal/Silk whatever have no pertinence in getting loud. Definitely won't be as harsh or nasty as a SuperSHittyTweeter though

silk is smoother.... The hard/metal composites as far as I know give off the harsher sounds ... at least with my aluminum tweeter set it did....

Harsh is not a function of material but poor design. Plenty of metal tweeters that sound stellar.

Horns

Yes. Really by far your ONLY solution. If you are deaf and don't care about music at all bullet tweets will work but are FAR from ideal.

Yes. Really by far your ONLY solution. If you are deaf and don't care about music at all bullet tweets will work but are FAR from ideal.

I am deaf.. but i can still feel the bass, which is nice.

I'm going to look into horns and bullet tweeters, anyone have any links?

Madisound.com

Those ST350's sound pretty good, but you have to cross them over pretty high.

Lots of people seem to like the NX-5.

I would say horns too, but they are a bitch to mount and tune. I really don't think image and staging is what you are after, just loud and clear. Am I right or no?

Those ST350's sound pretty good, but you have to cross them over pretty high.

Lots of people seem to like the NX-5.

I would say horns too, but they are a bitch to mount and tune. I really don't think image and staging is what you are after, just loud and clear. Am I right or no?

I just want to hear the words in my songs! :( I got 150db daily and it makes it hard.

Yes, i just want loud and clear.. not after image and staging.

Image Dynamics CD-1E :P

:ughdunno:

Can't mount them where i want them though :(

Did you look under your dash? fab a place under there, that'll sound better than any bullishittweeter

Crap, poop & shit. Will be loud but don't solve your issues.

Madisound.com

Doesn't carry crap like he listed above

I thought those Smds were tweets. Anyways these look like some good tweets/horns to me. https://www.madisound.com/store/index.php?cPath=45_229_293

Perhaps your idea of 'look' isn't so good to use as a reference

I just want to hear the words in my songs! :( I got 150db daily and it makes it hard.

Then why the hell are you looking at bullet tweeters that don't even play in the vocal range where people sing? All of the ones you linked cannot play low enough to help your problem. If you really "only" just want to hear the words you need a pro audio mid not some stupid high frequency shrill bullet. Horns WILL play low enough, bullet tweets won't. Completely terrible use for this application. The Florida idiots that are all using them have no idea what the hell they are doing so stop paying attention to them.

This is exactly why we always ask for direction and information in a thread that is specific and NOT subjective. Until now you never even said it was to hear words. Then you get all these wanna be loud thinking they know something about stereo kiddo's reading your thread and pointing out TERRIBLE solutions for what is your actual problem. The vocal range of the human is severely limited and doesn't go at all into super tweeter realm. Sure harmonics and other information are passed to them, but since you care not about staging and imaging those cues aren't at all necessary for your setup.

And your first thought, the SEAS would be even worse. They could start to play in the vocal range but nowhere near the levels that you request. Do yourself a favor, either really state your goals or actually do some research on what your problem is. It would greatly help us give you a solution. One thing for sure though, if it truly is words, then everything that has been recommended in this thread outside of horns/CD-1's is completely useless for what you need and even they will need help in the lower vocal range.

I'm glad to have contributed a valid suggestion in this thread :drink40:

Sean, approval of these? They are the only ones I could find with a low enough frequency range to be considered a tweet:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=272-102

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=270-049

Interactive-Frequency-Chart.png

Here is a chart for you Dom. This should help you understand what Sean is explaining.

I'm glad to have contributed a valid suggestion in this thread :drink40:

Sean, approval of these? They are the only ones I could find with a low enough frequency range to be considered a tweet:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=272-102

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=270-049

Can't tell, but I bet those specs lie. My generic guess is that they are listing the frequency range from 1x Fs and up when it should be at least 2x Fs. In which case those also wouldn't play in the vocal range.

The chart J posted is a bit extreme. Depending on how you look at it, 100Hz-1500Hz are the really important frequencies but keeping it happy until 3k won't hurt although I seriously doubt with "150dB daily" music there is anything anywhere near that high that you want to hear. If you were listening to an opera soprano singer perhaps.

Aww, Duran fails :ughdunno: