BanginGMC

Help me pick out some tweeters

That is intense that they have that much output on such little power! Don't you think it will be different though with my sub bass in the mix? It drowns out a lot, more then most would imagine.

I think you may underestimate the differences in your hearing sensitivity at various frequencies.

110db @ 1khz is a lot different than 110db @ 50hz. Your hear is much more sensitive to sounds in the midrange than it is to subbass, so you will experience more "loudness" in the midrange with less SPL compared to subbass. It will only take a true HLCD a watt or two to reach 110db in the midrange. I doubt you could stand to listen to a consistent 120db in the midrange for any appreciable period of time, which for a 105db sensitivity horn would only take around 30w to achieve. You would probably reach your threshold of pain from the output of the horns before you would reach it from the output of your subs.

The Sundown would be more than sufficient.

That is intense that they have that much output on such little power! Don't you think it will be different though with my sub bass in the mix? It drowns out a lot, more then most would imagine.

I think you may underestimate the differences in your hearing sensitivity at various frequencies.

110db @ 1khz is a lot different than 110db @ 50hz. Your hear is much more sensitive to sounds in the midrange than it is to subbass, so you will experience more "loudness" in the midrange with less SPL compared to subbass. It will only take a true HLCD a watt or two to reach 110db in the midrange. I doubt you could stand to listen to a consistent 120db in the midrange for any appreciable period of time, which for a 105db sensitivity horn would only take around 30w to achieve. You would probably reach your threshold of pain from the output of the horns before you would reach it from the output of your subs.

You have me worried though.. you say 1 watt is enough for normal listening but i'll be using the 125.2 at 8ohms giving them 50-70 watts daily, I don't want to learn sign language anytime soon. I'm confused on what i should do now..

You have me worried though.. you say 1 watt is enough for normal listening but i'll be using the 125.2 at 8ohms giving them 50-70 watts daily, I don't want to learn sign language anytime soon. I'm confused on what i should do now..

Then your ONLY choice is to turn EVERYTHING down.

Again, there is a gain knob on your amp and should be on ANY processor that can handle active. Having a 1000w amp on the tweeters would then be fine, you'd just give the amp less voltage than you do your other channels.

Then your ONLY choice is to turn EVERYTHING down.

Again, there is a gain knob on your amp and should be on ANY processor that can handle active. Having a 1000w amp on the tweeters would then be fine, you'd just give the amp less voltage than you do your other channels.

What kind of power should I give them if not 75+? I'd like to run all Sundown amps if I could, how do you think it'd be with using the 2.125 and keep the gain low?

Thanks for the information on the different models and why the v3 is better, would it be worth it to get the pros if not the V3s.. Is there a big step up in performance between the two? How do you like your CD2s?

Also do you know some good cross over points for the CD1ev3? I know it varys instal to instal, but some starting points would be great :)

Thought so.

Very probable you'll need a processor with level control as well to keep the overall gain down, but if you are running horns you'll need it anyways.

Very probable you'll need a processor with level control as well to keep the overall gain down, but if you are running horns you'll need it anyways.

Any recommendations?

Any recommendations?

I've got an Alpine DVA-9860 & H701 I'd sell ya :D

Any recommendations?

I've got an Alpine DVA-9860 & H701 I'd sell ya :D

And the H701 is one of the only choices I'd recommend for this application. There are others, but the integration requires a processor and having one that has control UP FRONT is HUGELY important. The EQX is a complete joke in comparison.