Sign in to follow this  
Jaker89

VCM Controller and Harness Combo Kit XSP310-313

What does this do? There isn't much info on the website about it and I can't find any info anywhere else.

I was told it would raise and hold the voltage of the vehicle it is hooked up in to a set voltage and will regulate it there. Is this true? How high would it hold on a stock 120 amp alternator safely for testing purposes?

Contact Nathan on here he would be the best bet to get all the desired information you want. You have the right idea though, from reading it seems to be a voltage regulator you can adjust the voltage up or down by 0.1 per touch of the button.

The VCM allows you to regulate the voltage output of the alternator. You can do this from inside the vehicle and on the fly if need be. You can change the voltage all the way up to the 19V range if you want for a 16V system.

How do these do on stock alts? and does the alternator have to be modified to be externally regulated? Also how does the VCM work without revealing too much?

The work great on stock alts. You do not have to have anything done to the alternator. Just plug and play. They will not work for the Fords.

The work great on stock alts. You do not have to have anything done to the alternator. Just plug and play. They will not work for the Fords.

And for Toyotas ?

I want to add an XS battery, but I'm afraid my alternator will not charge above its stock voltage.

(There is an XS dealer locally for me)

Am I still able to get one of these. I plan on buying probably on Thursday-Friday if so. I just need a price and how to buy.

guess not?

It's not even listed on the website. I check daily.

VCM will not work with the Titan, but I am about to do some testing on my Titan with the 14V batteries and an adjustable regulator to see how it works. I will give you an update.