sundownz

Sundown X-8 Work in Progress

can you give me a price for 4. thank you.

I still don't know when they will be out or when the pre-order will start. Regular cost will be roughly 300 or so with pre-order providing a nice discount.

ok. I will be waiting on these monsters. so what is the time frame looking like on these?

I would realy like some sort of time frame too. 3 mths? 6mths 1year?

If I had a time frame yet I'd share it :) I can say that my *goal* is 6 months or less but otherwise I don't know as we haven't started seeing parts yet for approval and testing.

Some of the parts were completed -- I am awaiting pictures and information. As with anything really cool it is taking longer than expected :)

It's taking forever for me to get information at this time -- but I will post when I get something.

The main update is bad news guys. The factory that was producing our surround, cone, dust cap, and spider for this driver was destroyed in the disaster in Japan. As this is an ultra high-end unit we were utilized some of the more specialized technology available from this supplier in Japan for these parts. That explains why I have not heard anything in a while. From what I was told by my contact several workers were killed, some are still missing, and the building is completely wiped out.

The frame, motor, magnet boot, and coil are made in China so should proceed normally. I should have more on the frame within two weeks as things are getting back on track in China.

Of course the soft parts set-back will delay the product overall significantly.

That sucks.

In the end it's just parts, What a tragedy. Prayers for these folks and their families.

Can I ask what part of Japan the factory was in? I just got back to the States after a month of relief efforts over there.

Man, I just started a build with 2 sa-8s. Might have to upgrade when these come out.

RIP

So sad, I hope they find the others alive.

X8boot.jpg

* Image linked from sundownonly.com (online dealer) *

Well... I got the magnet boot in. It's as big around as the SA-8 gasket ;)

Now you can get an idea of the scale of this thing.

Holy Monster Magnet!!!!

:faintthud:

Holy shit that is going to be a monster!

HOLY CRAP! :trippy:

The magnet boot for the X8?

Holy pancakes and maple syrup!!!! I was just sayin I might get some SA-8's for my 350z next summer.... Now it looks like i'll have to get 2 X8's instead!!! These should go perfect with my SAX-1200D!! OMG THIS ROCKs!

got damn

Wow! Thinking about a possible new build in the making.