matty11127

The N218 sub

If I have 4 BTL N218's with 2 amps with 3500rms will the amps blow the subs? Because the subs have 2000rms?

The amp won't blow the subwoofers, the nut behind the volume knob will :)

If I have 4 BTL N218's with 2 amps with 3500rms will the amps blow the subs? Because the subs have 2000rms?

no, it will split that 3500 between the two subs.

yeah that is if he was using one 3500 watt amplifier but he will be using two of them.

OP if you have to ask that question then yes you will be in need of recones before you know it, just stick with the recommended rms and use one of the amps on both subwoofers.

yeah that is if he was using one 3500 watt amplifier but he will be using two of them.

OP if you have to ask that question then yes you will be in need of recones before you know it, just stick with the recommended rms and use one of the amps on both subwoofers.

But hes saying 2 3500s for 4 btls. assuming hes running 1 3500 per pair of subs. 1750 rms per sub.

Man you better have a stout electrical!!

But hes saying 2 3500s for 4 btls. assuming hes running 1 3500 per pair of subs. 1750 rms per sub.

And either way, I'm pretty sure they'll withstand 2k+ rms, just the guy behind the gain knob

The newest BTL's ? Already ? I thought they were not in 18" yet.

With all that equipment, all that power, you'd better know what you're doing !!!:peepwall:

:attempt:

If you have to ask, then you shouldn't do it.

You shouldn't have any sort of issue if things are set up properly. Normally people put more to things than that for the BTLs (although we rate a standard BTL at 2000W).

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Steve, reading was greater than me at the moment