NDMstang65

BTL N1 Video!

It can't possibly work ;)

Well damn.........what kinda power???

N1 will be a SQ focused sub..light weight etc.

1000 RMS, less on the special coil(s)?

So it's still in the BTL line, not the Q line?

The diversity between lines is getting a bit blurred..

The Q is a hugely different beast then the original one was..you've got 5-6 soft spiders on a 1000 watt sub now. Not that I condone running any more power to it..but it is a totally different sub than the original Q.

The N1 will be more focused towards people who want to save weight, and run less power, smaller longer coils etc.

This is just to show that it is real..it does work..for those who are saying otherwise :)

Look at that excurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsion.

omgomgomgomgomg

excurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsion.

/redneck voice.

I didn't doubt it worked! haha!! And wow at the excursion, any measurements on the xmax?

So it's still in the BTL line, not the Q line?

The diversity between lines is getting a bit blurred..

That sounds like a good idea.

"BTL" makes me think of Ground Pounding daily monster.

Since the N1 is geared differently than the classic "BTL" and is similar to the "goal" of a Q along with the same RMS rating, I think it would be so sick if you made a sub-section for the "Q" series on the site.

Like for example BTL series- N2, N3, N-SG

then Q series: Q, N-Q

Just an idea I had that John's post kind of gave me.

By no means am I telling you what to do.:)

The BTL series is based on neo magnets right now, so keeping it simple, the N1 uses a neo magnet.

Think of it as 3 cylinders, vs 2 cylinders vs 1 cylinder..

You don't hop in a prius and hang with a 5.0 mustang...and you damn sure don't hop in a mustang and hang with a top fuel car :)

Look at that excurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsion.

What are you doing here? ;)

Fake video, conspiracy :P

Get a better camera :D

Siiicccck!

Whoever commented saying that it's weak, go die

The BTL series is based on neo magnets right now, so keeping it simple, the N1 uses a neo magnet.

Woah they're using neo magnets? When did this happen?! :peepwall:

I'm talking about differences in SQ vs. Loud daily and SPL drivers.

But I comprehend what Nick is saying about the difference.

I love the new magnets, if you think about it they're so much stronger than the ferrite magnets of old. The horseshoe-shaped flux coming out of that end of the magnet equals the circular flux from a standard magnet. It's genius. An sq woofer doesn't need a huge flux, it needs a [mass] balanced, concentrated flux. Or at least that's how I think about it, I might be totally wrong :) Can't wait for my N2 now.

What coils are planned? Q coils or smaller?

I love the new magnets, if you think about it they're so much stronger than the ferrite magnets of old. The horseshoe-shaped flux coming out of that end of the magnet equals the circular flux from a standard magnet. It's genius. An sq woofer doesn't need a huge flux, it needs a [mass] balanced, concentrated flux. Or at least that's how I think about it, I might be totally wrong :) Can't wait for my N2 now.

Sorta..

It's a completely different understanding on how flux flows and works..

Generally speaking it is a fluid dynamics problem meets physics meets mechanical engineering and a dash of electrical engineering thrown in as well..given your background i'm you are all too aware of that one :D.

Scott and I did the very first original N2..and for some reason I was looking at it with a smart ass little grin when I was machining the parts to go together and yelled at Scott to come out in the machine shop..

Simply said "I wonder what will happen if we make this thing a half motor...just to really mess with peoples minds"

..and here she sits now :D..simply me being a complete smart-ass and it works beautifully.

A Q coil, and a ultra low inductance coil as well. The low inductance coil will really kill thermal power handling though...but this is being targeted towards SQish applications.

12" weight?

Right off the top of my head I am wanting to say 28ish pounds. I'll have to ask Scott to throw it on the scale though to be totally accurate.

A Q coil, and a ultra low inductance coil as well. The low inductance coil will really kill thermal power handling though...but this is being targeted towards SQish applications.

Who said SQ needs high power handling? :lol2: