bassahaulic

Time Alignment and Me.

It's kicking my ass.

Who will help me understand it better?

Someone can when you actually ask a question. So far this isn't a thread :(

Ok, my head unit bases the delay of the distance from me to the speaker.

Is it really as simple as measuring from my hear to the speaker? Also, my friends Head unit bases it's delay of the milliseconds you tell it to. How would I determine that?

I wish I could remember how you have your front stage installed ... Stock locations or modified setup ??

I wish I could remember how you have your front stage installed ... Stock locations or modified setup ??

This is what I have right now.

But it is soon being redone. I will have the mids at better angles towards me and will be moving the tweeters to the A-Pillars.

Driver Side

done.jpg

Passenger side.

DSC01691.jpg

I think it should be just the opposite ... tweets should be the farthest away from you and not pointed directly at the listener ... just my suggestion bro ... I don't think time alignment will help you at all the way it is ... It should sound great though, I personally think you don't need that much tweet.

just my suggestions bro ...

I don't think time alignment will help you at all the way it is ...

you don't need that much tweet.

Spot on for both accounts.

I've never seen Sean agree with Randal. :trippy:

I've never seen Sean agree with Randal. :trippy:

Word!

peepwall.gif

You can still use time alignment. One millisecond is about 1.12 feet.

Rather than measuring right to your ear, measure to a common spot in the middle of the vehicle. Or just around the driver side. Set up an object about as tall as you so you have something stationary to measure to.

Also, here's a calculator I use to help with the conversion of inches and microseconds.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-soundpath.htm

I think it should be just the opposite ... tweets should be the farthest away from you and not pointed directly at the listener ... just my suggestion bro ... I don't think time alignment will help you at all the way it is ... It should sound great though, I personally think you don't need that much tweet.

Incorrect. Time alignment should be used so that all the drivers are producing sound that is coming to your ear at the same time. Regardless of how many drivers he has producing whatever frequency, placement can be corrected with alignment and phase filters.

Incorrect. Time alignment should be used so that all the drivers are producing sound that is coming to your ear at the same time. Regardless of how many drivers he has producing whatever frequency, placement can be corrected with alignment and phase filters.

Not true, unless of course you have time alignment for EVERY driver. I will add that it is another compromise in car audio that stinks as it would be way better to do this with physical placement instead of electronics

Are those RD Alpha component sets ?? and What are you pushing 3 components sets with ??

I've learned that speaker placement is the key to any great sounding system, then use time alignment/processing when needed for better stage enhancement and not corrupt the natural sound of the music. I think that bassahaulic has an idea of what I'm talking about. I think he really only needs one component set and a really good 2 channel amp for his front stage. then again, just my suggestion bro ... :fing34:

Rather than measuring right to your ear, measure to a common spot in the middle of the vehicle.

How would that help?

If the speakers are located at the same locations in the vehicle (i.e. doors), and you measured to a point in the center of the vehicle.....the speakers would measure equidistant :ughdunno:

You would have to measure the differences at the listening position. Then again, I've never set time alignment with measurements.....I've always set it by ear.

I've learned that speaker placement is the key to any great sounding system, then use time alignment/processing when needed for better stage enhancement and not corrupt the natural sound of the music. I think that bassahaulic has an idea of what I'm talking about. I think he really only needs one component set and a really good 2 channel amp for his front stage. then again, just my suggestion bro ... :fing34:

I hate to say it but I don't think a single set would suffice.

Already I play music well in excess of 150db, only soon to increase to 155+ with the 4th order wall I am constructing.

Are those RD Alpha component sets ?? and What are you pushing 3 components sets with ??

Yes they are.

1 Sundown SAX-100.4 ~ 6 Mids

1 Phoenix Gold 8.0:4 ~ 6 Tweeters

2 tweeters in each A-pillar (off axis to the listener) ... and 2 6.5s in each door on passive RD crossovers on that 100.4 ...

This should put your stage somewhere up in the dash and should sound loud and clear as hell ... possibly no need for any processing/time delay ...

And if needed extra midbass, a pair of 6.5s in the kick pannels (on a separate amp) ... Theres a blue tahoe around here somewhere with a almost similar setup ... Can you guess which one that is ?? :fing34:

This is how I would set it up if it was mine ... like I said bro, just my suggestion ... :drink40:

2 tweeters in each A-pillar (off axis to the listener) ... and 2 6.5s in each door on passive RD crossovers on that 100.4 ...

This should put your stage somewhere up in the dash and should sound loud and clear as hell ... possibly no need for any processing/time delay ...

And if needed extra midbass, a pair of 6.5s in the kick pannels (on a separate amp) ... Theres a blue tahoe around here somewhere with a almost similar setup ... Can you guess which one that is ?? :fing34:

This is how I would set it up if it was mine ... like I said bro, just my suggestion ... :drink40:

He who must not be named.

:suicide-santa:

I hate to say it but I don't think a single set would suffice.

Already I play music well in excess of 150db, only soon to increase to 155+ with the 4th order wall I am constructing.

You are very confused over the difference between tweeters and mids.

You mean Sucks My Dick?

You mean Sucks My Dick?

Nah the other one, the one with the Blue Tahoe vs. SMD with the Red one

Mr. Chokesondick

Fixed.

icon_roflmao.gif

I like how this thread is going "off topic" ... :lol2:

By default it started that way. Time aligning 3 tweeters per side is NOT going to happen.