bassahaulic

Time Alignment and Me.

I like where this is headed. So the ? to the Op is this...Do you plan on running 1 comp set and horns upfront, running 3way with a Killer midbass, tweet, midrange plus the horns, dropping the tweeter idea and running midbass, midrange, horns?

I like where this is headed. So the ? to the Op is this...Do you plan on running 1 comp set and horns upfront, running 3way with a Killer midbass, tweet, midrange plus the horns, dropping the tweeter idea and running midbass, midrange, horns?

I cannot run an Active 3-way front stage with the radio I have now, the way I am doing it now.

I am happy with a 2-way now, but I do not know what I am going to do yet.

understandable, reason I am asking is because after reading your thread from start to finish it seems like your goal and mine are very much the same. Do you have an idea when you will have yours complete, I would enjoy reading your personal results on how it worked out. I plan on starting with a 2way active front stage as well, but Im still in the researching stages. Best of luck and by the looks of it your in good hands :attempt:

I'm just wary of the horns. I've never heard a good sounding set.

Probably never heard a set that someone took the time to actually tune. They're not a simple "drop-in" proposition. You actually have to work with the EQ to get them to sound right. Once they are tuned right, though, the relatively effortless output and dynamics are truly impressive.

I am also liking this thread. Anyone have some experiences with some of the bigger midbasses? Any links? Build threads? :peepwall:

The ONLY way to do it logically is midbass + horns anything extra will just be a mess.

I am also liking this thread. Anyone have some experiences with some of the bigger midbasses? Any links? Build threads? :peepwall:

VERY install specific, it all depends on what room you have and where you are putting them.

The ONLY way to do it logically is midbass + horns anything extra will just be a mess.

VERY install specific, it all depends on what room you have and where you are putting them.

Understood. I'm not looking for a speaker suggestion without stating any goals. I do not have any plans to ever need a 10" midbass. I'm just looking for some good reading material. :popcorn:

understandable, reason I am asking is because after reading your thread from start to finish it seems like your goal and mine are very much the same. Do you have an idea when you will have yours complete, I would enjoy reading your personal results on how it worked out. I plan on starting with a 2way active front stage as well, but Im still in the researching stages. Best of luck and by the looks of it your in good hands :attempt:

You could try to find the popular silver tahoe thats all over youtube ... That mids and highs setup can keep up with 4 18s just fine ... hint - (smd) ...

You could try to find the popular blue tahoe thats all over youtube ... That mids and highs setup can keep up with 4 18s just fine ... hint - (d4s) ...

I do know of a black 2500 silverado with a snug top running 16 10s (150db all day long on music) using a pair of tweeters in the As and a pair of 8s in the kicks. This setup should be able to keep up with 4 18s just fine ...

No horns on any of these vehicles ... and if I remember correctly, they all stage fairly decent too ... especially the 2500 silverado ... thanks ...

Steve Meade and Jonathon Price know nothing about staging, that's for sure.

Your confusing "knowledgeable" with "YouTube Whore"

Steve Meade and Jonathon Price know nothing about staging, that's for sure.

Your confusing "knowledgeable" with "YouTube Whore"

Add to this, I heard nothing close to a stage in JP's Tahoe. And I'm sure Meade's is no better.

In JP's, his keeps up from having 12 mids and 8 tweeters......

But even with that, neither JP or Meade's Tahoe are the loudness I am shooting for in my wall.

I wasn't mentioning any names but ...

I've never seen steve's truck, so I'm going by what I was told.

Johnathon's truck will stage (I know who built it), he just doesn't know anything about the setup good enough to tune it, And take care of it ... Besides, this is what you said you were looking for ... Has that changed ??

Duran, I was only given suggestions bro ... I would never set my ride up that way, you know this ...

I couldn't see this staging well. I may be very wrong though and it may stage amazingly.

2rr1109.jpg

I couldn't see this staging well. I may be very wrong though and it may stage amazingly.

Not without a significant amount of processing......more processing than most processors are capable of. And even then, with the spacing of the mids just in that picture (I don't know what the rest of the setup looks like, if there is anything else) there are going to be some serious limitations and disadvantages to that setup if one were trying to do anything other than get loud with it.

Not without a significant amount of processing......more processing than most processors are capable of. And even then, with the spacing of the mids just in that picture (I don't know what the rest of the setup looks like, if there is anything else) there are going to be some serious limitations and disadvantages to that setup if one were trying to do anything other than get loud with it.

This is the truck cableguy was talking about staging well.

This is the truck cableguy was talking about staging well.

ROFL. That is absurd and won't work for shit. Breaks about every basic rule in speaker building.

Plus what sort of pansy builds an exposed panel for crappy crossovers, those don't have ANY components in them worth showing off. Complete crap.

I've decided to just mount a PA speaker in the middle of my dash and call it done.

I've decided to just mount a PA speaker in the middle of my dash and call it done.

You'll get volume and height out of that, but miss out on the rest :eek5wavey:

Police sirens are quite popular these days.. :suicide-santa:

You'll get volume and height out of that, but miss out on the rest :eek5wavey:

Darn!

How about TWO pa speakers? One on either side of the dash?

LOL I actually like the idea of the midbass an horns, I was talking to julian about it yesterday, (dont torch me for this m5 :eek5wavey: ) But basically what your going to need to do is pick items that cover the Freqs fairly solid, I have a good link to better explain alot of this if wanted, but from the basics here is the info the Low end can cover 30hz-60hz (thats going to be box dependent obviously) your midbass can take over at/be set on the low side at 55hz-2500hz then the horns will/can take over be set at 2300-18000 and that should be a good starting point The overlaping of the set points from my understanding will help things sound uh smoother or warmer if you will. When you get this all setup find the flat settings having access to RTA should be the solid way for doing this without spending 2k+ for actually equipment/programs to do this 100% proper. The Eq obviously will play a huge roll as well, but this is mainly to satisfy your wants so your eq settings are going to be to your liking nobody else so personally I think you should get it flat and write that down (unless its digital and has set points) then move from there, if you get it all dicked up and out of whack just go back to the flat settings an start fresh again until you get where you are totally happy and understand this can take several hours maybe days to get just right for your setup.

Sean will recommend under-lapping the frequencies actually.

Sean will recommend under-lapping the frequencies actually.

What is the reasoning behind this, I found that it does indeed sound better to under-lap, but why?

Probably a cancellation issue, too many speakers playing the same frequencies. Sean will chime in though, don't quote me.

You know I said the truck would stage... but I NEVER said WELL ... wtf bro ?? I would NEVER put that system in competition.

1 door out of the whole system ?? I thought you were interested in the A-pillars ...

I was the first one in this thread to give my oppinion and THIS was not it ... you know that. I thought we had an understanding ??

So far I've read is adding horns under the dash ... nothing about driver positioning ... how is this going to help your stage ??

I apologise for trying to help ... best of luck to ya bro on your system ...

THIS was my suggestion ... several post back at the start of this thread ...

2 tweeters set up on each a-pillar crossed over active on the first 2 channels of your 4 channel amp will set up your stage. I'd be willing to bet on it ... And be loud and clear too ...

2 6.5s standing up as high as possible on each door pannel crossed over active on the other 2 channels of your 4 channel amp should enhance your stage and give you powerfull, loud, and clear midbass ... If needed extra midbass, then a pair of 6.5s or 8s in the kick pannels running fullrange on an extra amp ...

I doudt you would need any processing/time alignment at this point if installed properly. Maybe some EQing set up to your liking ... But this is where the best place in the install to give your processing/time alignment a shot ...

All drivers should be (if it was mine) off axis to the listener ... Strong center, deep stage on the dash/hood, and could be very suprising width for that vehicle ...

again, best of luck with your system bro ... Thanks, Randal ..........

Probably a cancellation issue, too many speakers playing the same frequencies. Sean will chime in though, don't quote me.

Quoted ;)

The only reason people think there is a need for 3000000000 mids in a door is either 1. To show off their fiberglassing skills 2. or their forum dicks will look bigger.