Mark LaFountain

600w FCON Prototype

So release date is set befor June 20, 2012, great

Easily, yes :)

We will just surprise you guys with the tweaked design of this little monster.

Still excited about these for sure!

May very well be my next SSA subs when I get a new daily driver.

Will these spec out well for a sealed or IB set up or should I be looking at something else like the xcons?

Will these spec out well for a sealed or IB set up or should I be looking at something else like the xcons?

They will not be IB specific. But, they will surely be sealed friendly, just like the Icon/Xcon etc. :)

They will not be IB specific. But, they will surely be sealed friendly, just like the Icon/Xcon etc. :)

:rofl2:

18's sealed?

No small SQ build for this one.

Haha, I meant for me! I'm trying out this whole "shit ton of cone area, low power" approach this time.

2 12's on 999999999 watts to get loud makes my wallet :suicide-santa:

:rofl2:

18's sealed?

At the moment, the Fcon is only planned for 10/12/15 sizing. If there was demand for an 18", like there was demand for a Dcon 15", there will have to be some design adjustments to accommodate for the larger moving mass. We do not half-ass out drivers, so there is not going to be another size of a driver just to have it, it will be correctly designed if there is a need. ;)

Haha, I meant for me! I'm trying out this whole "shit ton of cone area, low power" approach this time.

The Dcon 15 currently fills that slot for us. As for an easy grasp of the Fcon, the watered down idea is to have a 5/8th's Icon. As in same sound, similar box specs, similar characteristics, just dialed back a bit in most regards.

At the moment, the Fcon is only planned for 10/12/15 sizing. If there was demand for an 18", like there was demand for a Dcon 15", there will have to be some design adjustments to accommodate for the larger moving mass. We do not half-ass out drivers, so there is not going to be another size of a driver just to have it, it will be correctly designed if there is a need.

The Dcon 15 currently fills that slot for us. As for an easy grasp of the Fcon, the watered down idea is to have a 5/8th's Icon. As in same sound, similar box specs, similar characteristics, just dialed back a bit in most regards.

Hmmm...ok, back to my original idea of 3 15's ported. That way I can overbuild the box (even though you can rarely overbuild a good enclosure) and drop 3 X/ZCON's in it later on...but if you do ever feel the need to release that 18 you can expect a customer who will need some recones...haha

EDIT: And now that I think some more...the only thing that is keeping me from having 3 ICONs is dropping 900+ on subs. If the FCON can deliver the same sound and build quality for less money (at the cost of reduced power handling, which is a non factor in my case) then you will have a very happy customer!

Edited by An-i-no

At the moment, the Fcon is only planned for 10/12/15 sizing. If there was demand for an 18", like there was demand for a Dcon 15", there will have to be some design adjustments to accommodate for the larger moving mass. We do not half-ass out drivers, so there is not going to be another size of a driver just to have it, it will be correctly designed if there is a need.

Hmmm...ok, back to my original idea of 3 15's ported. That way I can overbuild the box (even though you can rarely overbuild a good enclosure) and drop 3 X/ZCON's in it later on...but if you do ever feel the need to release that 18 you can expect a customer who will need some recones...haha

EDIT: And now that I think some more...the only thing that is keeping me from having 3 ICONs is dropping 900+ on subs. If the FCON can deliver the same sound and build quality for less money (at the cost of reduced power handling, which is a non factor in my case) then you will have a very happy customer!

The Icon will have a stronger motor and more Xmax, just to name a few. The monetary factor is a big reason for the Fcon, as the Icon is quite expensive to build and sits in the higher end of the market, so it is out of reach price wise for a number of people, and we don't have the room to drop the price. The build cost on the new Icon jumped a lot more then the tiny price increase we did.

when will these be released?

ohhhmiiiiigawd

Pls release these before summer so I can go 3 15"s. If the price is right I want 6 12"s.....

I will say this.

The FCON will be released before summer :)

I think I drooled

I think I came. :peepwall: I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this. Maybe my birthday present this year.

Im so pumped for these subs, Im buying 4 Fcon 15s when they come out. Ill be running a DD M3a at .5 or 1 ohm, Its putting out about 2500 rms right now, is that too much for these? Im sure they can take it. And also, if you know a recommend ported box size for them please tell me, im hopeing for 3 cubes So I can fit them in my honda!

Im so pumped for these subs, Im buying 4 Fcon 15s when they come out. Ill be running a DD M3a at .5 or 1 ohm, Its putting out about 2500 rms right now, is that too much for these? Im sure they can take it. And also, if you know a recommend ported box size for them please tell me, im hopeing for 3 cubes So I can fit them in my honda!

That is great power wise, enclosure size you are wishing 3^ft/each correct?

Damn every time I see this get bumped I get excited.

:lol:

same here bro

same here bro

X3. These are going to sell well.

same here bro

I hope so. :)

same here bro

I hope so. :)

I know this IS the SSA forum, but you guys are great. I know it's not easy to be at the top of the business chain and still be down here sorting things out with potential customers.

Customer service is the upmost importance for SSA, making sure they are here to answer questions and supply new info. Always been great at CS, and always will be!!

That is great power wise, enclosure size you are wishing 3^ft/each correct?

Yes, lol, A small cube of speakers would be weird. Im shooting for 14cubes before displacement.