heckvr4

IS IT SAFE?

is it safe to run my sundown audio 2000d at i believe .5 ohm?

i have 2 15'' fi btl's dual 2ohm subs,,,

so i can wire them to .5 ohm...

i have a 05 f150 , 1 optima yellow top , 0 gauge , big 3 , xs battery 900d and of course the 2000d...

am i ' safe ' ??? im currently savingmoneys for a HO alt..

please help...

try it, check your voltage drop and then decide. if you drop below 13 v then i wouldnt recommend it at all until you get the H/O

Pics of the Saleen, NOW!

i guess im gonna have to wait for Mr.Santa to bring me that H.O. alt... after that i probably will need(want) a bigger amp... damn it...

I've always wondered....why do people feel the need to push an amp/sub/equipment to their limits instead of just going by the manufactures information?

i could give you 100 reasons... but you wouldnt understand.. lol...

100 wrong reasons :popcorn:

Sick truck! I'm pretty sure (feel free to correct me if I am wrong), but jacob doesnt warranty amps down to 0.5 any longer! If you know what your doing this could be done fairly safely, but I personally would make sure I had plenty of battery power an of course an HO alt. I would say a couple XS batts since thats the brand you named 1 under the hood a few in the back and obviously the other things you listed ie big 3 etc.

i think he feels the need to as his subs wire to .5, if not they would wire to high of an ohm to send them the amount of power they need.....

i think he feels the need to as his subs wire to .5, if not they would wire to high of an ohm to send them the amount of power they need.....

They don't "need" a certain amount of power though ;)

so a 2000d would be 'enough' for both btl's???

im doing a blowthru , so i have lots of space to biuld a box as big as i want...

I've always wondered....why do people feel the need to push an amp/sub/equipment to their limits instead of just going by the manufactures information?

Because we want louder?

Lets each spend $3000 on the same stuff, I'll run my way you run the way the manufactures suggest we will see who is louder.

im doing a blowthru , so i have lots of space to biuld a box as big as i want...

Since you have lots of space to work with, wire your woofers to a "normal" impedance, and make your enclosure on the large side to increase efficiency.

Since you have lots of space to work with, wire your woofers to a "normal" impedance, and make your enclosure on the large side to increase efficiency.

He already has the D2 woofers, so options are 2ohm and .5ohm.

2ohm will disappoint him I'm sure.

I think you should build a large 4th order of Duran's design to utilize as much of the woofer as you can at .5ohm. Just keep a close eye on your voltage.

I think the best suggestion would be to get the HO alt AND a second 2000d and strap the amps at 2 ohms. Your voltage will be more stable and you'll be giving some seriously good and potentially cleaner power to the subs.

Just my .02

I think you should build a large 4th order of Duran's design to utilize as much of the woofer as you can at .5ohm. Just keep a close eye on your voltage.

Thank you sir ,very good advice.

if i buy a second 2000d can i use one on each sub to run them at 1 ohm??

or how does it work?

im deff getin the ho alt, and a couple more batteries.

4th order for sure !

or how does it work?

4th order for sure !

If you get a second 2000 you can strap the amps together with the woofers wired at 2ohm. That will put each amp at 1ohm. :)

or how does it work?

4th order for sure !

If you get a second 2000 you can strap the amps together with the woofers wired at 2ohm. That will put each amp at 1ohm. :)

ok cool...

am i better of buying a second 2000d ??

orjust getting another bigger amp for both subs ??

Either or, it wont matter. If you get one amp, then it will be less wiring but if you have two amps then you have to accommodate for the extra wiring. Just a personal preference really.

ok makes sence... lol

so the GOTOGUY for 4th order designs is....???