bcst86

15" ICON and Sundown audio saz1000d problems

well i got my icon and amp and build a 2.75 cuft sealed box that ssa reccomended on their site. i had it playing and it sounded ok, not as good as i was expecting from everyones reviews but that may be because i didnt adjust settings. but while i was listening the amp cut off and now only starts up in protect mode then shuts off.

what would be my problem??? i cant figure it out

Edited by bcst86

well i got my icon and amp and build a 2.75 cuft sealed box that ssa reccomended on their site. i had it playing and it sounded ok, not as good as i was expecting from everyones reviews but that may be because i didnt adjust settings. but while i was listening the amp cut off and now only starts up in protect mode then shuts off.

what would be my problem??? i cant figure it out

Adjust your settings first of all.

if your still having problems, check your amps ground wire. Is it in a good location? Did you sand off the paint from that ground location? Yes, paint will interfere with your connection.

Check all of your wires and see if they are connected properly.

Get a dmm and check the voltage at the amp. If it is too low then i would suggest some electrical upgrades.

Check the final ohm load that the amp from the sub.

Adjust your settings before you jump to conclusions about why your sub only sounds ok.

If it's not loud enough then trash that sealed box and go ported.

alright. im waiting till tomorrow to mess with it so i can see. im not to worried about the output, i was just thinking it would sound cleaner

The icon will sound clean and play very flat across the lower frequencies.

The problem is in the mirror. Tune you set up.

so what would make it just go in to protect mode and shut off? i checked the wires. and the ground but i dont know what else?

That's always a possibility. But instead of asking that question, go out and find it. We've given you plenty of places to start. after you have tried those options come back and tell us that your amp is still doing it if they have failed. can't give you much anything else until you do. Re-wire everything. find a completely new ground. Sand it down and bolt it tight.

Your box seems a little small. Did you add some polyfill in ? It would be much better.

i got the box design from the tech page 15" OPTIMAL SEALED 2.75 ft^3. now have free time so im going to start figuring it out

As stated above, check your voltage and grounds.

hah....well things get better. so i go out since its daylight to figure out whats wrong and i walk out to my truck to see this.

dscn3391.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

last night in the very short time i got to hear it, some reasone one of my dumbass friends thought it would be cool to put a unopened can of beer on the cone. i didnt see him do it until i heard a popping sound when it hit the cone. since it was dark and my interior lights suck i didnt see this.

i called him up this morning told him it was cracked and that it was because of him and he offered to get me a new one......cool deal

so then i start to wonder how much a recone would be so i could have 2 15s now....so maybe i can get something good out of this, but i am still pissed that my sub didnt make it a whole day installed.

Dang!! those are some good friends.... :suicide-santa:

Any idea why the amp was going into protect? I can't see a cracked dustcap causing that.

no i am about to go figure that out. i went out to my truck saw the crack came inside called the guy up and told him about it. went to his house to show him the crack and get him to buy me a new one. now back at home and will hopefully figure that out. too bad i wont be able to listen to it. i was lucky and didnt have to wait for my ICON to be built since they had one already.

You actually just need a new dustcap, not a full recone :)

how much would that be? maybe i should just do that instead of having him buy a whole new one.

how much would that be? maybe i should just do that instead of having him buy a whole new one.

You'll have to speak with Mark or Aaron for prices, shouldn't be much though.

i changed the ground location to a better spot i found so im all good. now just need a new dust cap i guess.

cracked dustcap that bites :suicide-santa:

So......... did you kick your friends ass or what? :ughdunno:

no, i thought i was going to have to but he felt bad enough and gave me money for a new sub. he knows he F'd up

So......... did you kick your friends ass or what? :ughdunno:

no, i thought i was going to have to but he felt bad enough and gave me money for a new sub. he knows he F'd up

Dude if he gave you money for a new one change the cap and get another one!