Sign in to follow this  
Mtopper

2004 Chevy Blazer 2 door.

hey guys. i did this build over the summer with my brother at his house over about 4 days. I got the radio, 1000/1 wiring and a bunch of Second Skin MLV and Ensolite for "free" from him for finishing his home entertainment room in the basement.

Equipment Selection

Raammat BXT II sound deadener

Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro

Overkill

Pioneer DEH-P880PRS

Stinger 0 gauge kit

Stinger 16 gauge speaker wire

JL Audio RCAs

JL Audio VR 6.5 components

JL Audio 12w7

JL Audio 1000/1

JL Audio 300/4

i acquired all this over the last 4 years. i just now decided its about time to use it all.

I won't bore you with sound deadener photos. we've all seen them

picture of the zero gauge RCAs, turn on

DSCN0668.jpg

zero gauge installed, split loomed, and zip tied across the engine bay to the hole used by the alarm installer

DSCN0672.jpg

speakers diffusers (idk what the technical term is)

DSCN0689.jpg

my amp rack and sub box. i had to keep my spare tire because i drive a lot and gotta keep mom happy (i'm 20)

IMG00025-20100922-1547.jpg

covered the amp rack with some black suede i had laying around from a custom box i built for a buddy a year ago.

IMG00067-20101005-2200.jpg

i recently made the trim panel to cover the amp wiring. i'll cover the box next weekend when i have time off school/work/ girlfriend who doesn't understand an audio addiction.

IMG00068-20101005-2200.jpg

the 880 installed. i need the power supply for the ipod adapter and the trim ring for the radio.

IMG00251-20101104-1201.jpg

in case anyone is wondering, the amp rack is bolted down to the frame of the truck using the stock tie down point. i bought longer bolts that extend from below the sub box, through the rack, to the floor where the bolts are welded to the truck from the factory. the sub box is held down by 6 L brackets.

Edited by Mtopper

well done sir

Very Nice Setup!! How does she sound??

it sounds pretty good. i still need to take pictures of my doors and tweeters. but its much better than stock. i hope to do a lot more customization next spring. i don't have a garage to work in and my brother lives 9 hours away.

it sounds pretty good. i still need to take pictures of my doors and tweeters. but its much better than stock. i hope to do a lot more customization next spring. i don't have a garage to work in and my brother lives 9 hours away.

I guess not having a garage in Detroit would be a major problem with getting things done outside. I'm not to fond of the cold and it doesn't get that cold here in Florida. Keep us informed with what's goin on and lookin' forward to your mods in the spring!

How'd you remove the rear seats when you were doing your sound deadening?

Was it difficult?

I have a 2-door Blazer also and am about to start doing my floor, and any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I like it !

How do you like your front speakers ?

The bass MUST be nice !

:fing34::fing34::fing34:

How'd you remove the rear seats when you were doing your sound deadening?

Was it difficult?

I have a 2-door Blazer also and am about to start doing my floor, and any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

yeah, sorry about my absence. thanksgiving got a little hectic around here.

to get the rear seats out there are a total of 10-12 bolts. i can't remember off hand. it does get kind of tricky. first you want to get at the bolts right between the seats. i dropped the seats flat and then would lift them to get a good angle of attack on the nuts. its really a pain in the ass without much reward haha.

the order i do them in. (i'm rambling at 2:40 a.m.)

middle, passenger side, driver side, passenger side floor, driver side floor.

once their all unbolted, one side comes up first. i believe its the passenger side. take that out the hatch (careful not to scratch up your tail gate, i did that and am still pissed when i see it).

I like it !

How do you like your front speakers ?

The bass MUST be nice !

:fing34::fing34::fing34:

The speakers are pretty good now that i have given them time to break in and align them. i'm just not a fan of the tweeters, they just don't sound natural to me. i'm really thinking about dropping them into the stock location on the dash or playing with the A-pillar, the location i put them in was a last minute, "i have a 4 hour car ride ahead of me and no tweeters" job that was done in 20 minutes.

the bass is nice but i'm not a huge bass head kind of guy. it can give a nice subtle bass line when i'm listening to lower volumes when i have people or my year old puppy in the car but then when i'm having one of those days, or a great song comes on, i turn the radio up, crank the bass knob a little bit (which i know isn't a controller like every other company) and it gets nutty in my truck