gentlejax

new XT v3 amps ?

I saw a bunch on ebay and some are cheap and small. I need a small amp to go under seat. I just dont know anything about the US AMPS in the last few years.

I have not tried them yet, but we will have them up on the SSA Store soon.

Do they even have a rep to check this board?

I am interested cause the power is good and the size is perfect for what I need now.

Do they even have a rep to check this board?

Yes, but Greg is swamped, so I will try to answer what I can.

sad how there is nothing to be found on the net about the newer stuff

They just released them and they are really fighting hard to stop all the wholesalers on eBay, because it kills the value of the product and hurts their actual dealers like SSA.

I understand that. I am talking about info on them ...not places to buy them. how can they expect to be seen as worth a crap if there is no info other than negative info about how their product has gone downhill?

All I can find is the stuff that says the v2 stuff was overated and crap like that.

I need to get something and this would work great if it were reliable and not sounding like crap and did the power it was rated at.

hell....it seems like Sundownz is the only amp maker with any support on here...and maybe Zed

I understand that. I am talking about info on them ...not places to buy them. how can they expect to be seen as worth a crap if there is no info other than negative info about how their product has gone downhill?

All I can find is the stuff that says the v2 stuff was overated and crap like that.

I need to get something and this would work great if it were reliable and not sounding like crap and did the power it was rated at.

hell....it seems like Sundownz is the only amp maker with any support on here...and maybe Zed

They have been really focused on their B&M dealers, which would lend to less info on the net to start.

SSA is going to sell them but they havnt even gotten one to test ? why not?

Brands don't send out models to test to dealers. We cannot afford to buy one of everything to test that we sell, would be very $$.

Did you need specs on a certain model?

I truely love the misinformation that gets spread over the net.

The new XTv3's are WAY better than the pervious versions. Being full range digital they also sound much better and are more eff.

I truely love the misinformation that gets spread over the net.

The new XTv3's are WAY better than the pervious versions. Being full range digital they also sound much better and are more eff.

THAT is just it. I have found not 1 person who has seen or heard one of these v3 models. The info I have seen where someone has used one has been the V2 model.

Even the website has very little on it to proove to me its a better amp. SPECS ARE IDENTICAL RMS WISE ....and there is little else discussed.

the website doesnt sell the product very well and I dont have a dealer near me that I know of.

I didnt read any misinformation other than users of the previous model. I cant find a soul who wants to touch the new one

I have the older V2 model and have yet to have a problem pushing to 12 SE's to their limits never gets warm and is on a 1 ohm load. My brother has the original XT series and he has not have had a problem from a 3 year old amp either so I do expect a good pic. I can get a picture of the board if you want.

I have the older V2 model and have yet to have a problem pushing to 12 SE's to their limits never gets warm and is on a 1 ohm load. My brother has the original XT series and he has not have had a problem from a 3 year old amp either so I do expect a good pic. I can get a picture of the board if you want.

thanks but thats ok. it will not be the same as the new one anyhow. I am almost convinced to give it a shot. I got to have as much power as possible with as little space and I see no real difference from all thats out there except variences in size although the RE amps boast more power.

I would like to know more than just 1 or 2 sentences from the rep though

more power the better. can never have too much. looking at the 1600.2 or the 800.4 because I am not sure yet how its going to be used. I have another amp also. one of them is going to be a sub amp other a highs. other amp does 200 x 2 or 600 x 1 . 1600.2 is rated like 800 x 1

otherwise I am looking at the new Soundstream stealths

You turn over amps so fast.

more power the better. can never have too much. looking at the 1600.2 or the 800.4 because I am not sure yet how its going to be used. I have another amp also. one of them is going to be a sub amp other a highs. other amp does 200 x 2 or 600 x 1 . 1600.2 is rated like 800 x 1

Obviously you need to state a sub. The US Amps ones are fine many of my relatives are running them no problems at all.

Obviously you need to state a sub. The US Amps ones are fine many of my relatives are running them no problems at all.

Obviously I dont. I stated I need another amp and it was either going to run fronts or a sub. I dont like using mono amps cause I like the ability to be able to still run my stereo if one of the amps goes down or I change one out.

Sub I have now is a PG RSDC 12 and it can take as little as 200rms or around 1K ....I want at least 500 and I would prefer not to have to run at 1 ohm

I am also working in limited space now and that is why I am trying to go different route.

Edited by gentlejax

You turn over amps so fast.

new plans as of last weekend. For the first time in this car the amps need to be in the car and not the trunk. Otherwise I wouldnt need a amp right now and wouldnt have sold the one I just did. it was a strong and but too large.

I did find the owners manual on the new v3 on the US AMPS web. I just want to see someone review one or test one ...or at least hear what they changed since they claim an upgrade.

is the upgrade only on the mono amps or across the line of XT amps?

the thing I am looking at with these is the power at 4 ohms . I prefer not to run @ 1ohms but I could. if I did I could also get a new Soundstream. they are stable down to 1/2 ohm

Edited by gentlejax

The us amps xt1600.4 is good or try one of the merlin series.

not trying to rock the boat here but Argent has these amps for less?? Not sure why but they are considerably less.... :WTFBubble:

not trying to rock the boat here but Argent has these amps for less?? Not sure why but they are considerably less.... :WTFBubble:

The pricing we have listed is the pricing US Amps gave us for authorized. If we can change it we will, but we have to abide by what they gave us.