gentlejax

is the MD42 a good amp?

I havnt had a US amp in a few and I know these are older but are they any good like the old stuff? I would like to run a US AMPS amp again...but this forum is a little slim on info here the last few years.

I was going to pick up a md42 and bridge it for my fronts if its not too big.

The few we sold when they were still in stock got great reviews. We are about to start a GB on the MD-21's, hint hint. ;)

anyone on the planet have some info on it? I actually didnt get the one I was looking at but I found one not far from me and bought it. Just not convinced I want to use it since I find nearly nobody who has one.

the US amps website says they are 70% efficient. IS this true ? or some more bs?

its sad I cant find more out about this amp. I loved all the US made US AMPS I had before.

I am pretty sure the ratings on all the Merlins are true to spec.

whats with the 90amps in fusing? and what was the deal with the recall on the MD line? I havnt found any info on that. might be helpful to know if that was true or not and what models manufacture date.

if I needed to have it fixed for a recall it would be nice to know what was wrong if indeed there was a issue

thanks Aaron btw

That is where my Merlin experience stops, and where Greg would need to pick up.

whats with the 90amps in fusing? and what was the deal with the recall on the MD line? I havnt found any info on that. might be helpful to know if that was true or not and what models manufacture date.

if I needed to have it fixed for a recall it would be nice to know what was wrong if indeed there was a issue

thanks Aaron btw

No recall was ever issued any of the MD/ Merlin series amps. It should have 3 30's in it and the MD43 should have 3 40's

thanks for the reply. what was the mis information about or do you know? I havnt got the md42 in possession yet. hopefully tomorrow.

thanks for the reply. what was the mis information about or do you know? I havnt got the md42 in possession yet. hopefully tomorrow.

The misinformation came from a misprint in the original owners manual. As for the recall rumor I have no idea.