Sign in to follow this  
ssh

alpine cde-102 & full speed connection cable

My headunit is the alpine cde-102 and I got the alpine kce-433iv (full speed connection cable made specifically for my hu).

Hooked the cable up to the rear pigtail connection, flipped through all the sources on HU and it shows nothing. If I set it to Aux, I can play music from the ipod but can't control ipod from headunit. So it's acting as a normal 3.5mm jack aux cable...

I tried switching settings from Aux input ON to OFF and that only enabled/disabled the music from ipod, but still no headunit controls.

My ipod is a touch 2g, I've also tried a ipod nano 2g, and no avail.

Anyone have a similar problem or solution? Perhaps my cable is crap, but it seems odd for a new cable to go bad :ughdunno:

Is your unit even able to control an iPod? You should flip through the user manual for clues..

Is your unit even able to control an iPod? You should flip through the user manual for clues..

An iPhone/iPod can be connected to this unit by using the proprietary Alpine Full Speed Connection Cable (KCE-433IV). When this unit is connected by using the cable, the controls on the ipod are no functional.

set Aux+setup to OFF when the iphone/ipod is connected.

-Directly from manual.

Connect your iPod or iPhone using the KCE-433iV cable (required), and you've got access to all your music, right from your head unit. With Full Speed you get convenient control so you can scroll through all your Playlists, Artists, Albums, and Songs - and view all your song information right from the display on your head unit.

-http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cde-102/

Problem solved! I unplugged it and plugged it back in numerous times, each time til it clicked and still nothing. Tried one last time after being pissed off and pushed as hard as I could, and now it works :P

Haha. Sounds like how I get with computers and my car audio equipment. Usually frustration leading to excessive force never works for me though!