aimone

theft proofing any tips?

so yesterday i had to move my car so my dads ol lady could get her car out, so i parked in the street so i wasnt blocked in when she got back. so i'd say an hour or so later my dad comes in my room told me to go check my car cuz 2 banger lookin mexicans had a cd case, and they started power walking when he walked outside. so i grab the pistol and keys and run out there, my stereo was halfway out the dash(impossible to get the stereo out with the car in park), stereo face is off in the floor, shits pilferred thru. so i take off chasin em' cuz they had just made it around the corner at this point. the younger pudgy one didnt fuck with the car and bout pissed himself when he seen the gun, but his buddy i'd say he's around 18, tall, skinny. but this lil pucker was the fastest running person i ever seen. im in a car he's on foot i chase him 2 blocks into a resteraunt parking lot and he went down an alley i couldnt fit thru. so i kept goin slid sideways out of the parking lot and right around the corner and this dude was gone. i caught back up to his buddy and followed him for 20+ blocks an said fuck it. ....

i gotta say hes a ballsy pucker tho, jackin in the middle of the day but stupid. he grabbed a cd case and tried for a $50 h/u. instead of the saz1500 thats setting right behind the front seats on the folded down backseat with the single 15n big ass box...

so needless to say my top priority is securing the h/u in, mounting the amp real secure, figuring out a box design where it fits stealthly in my hatch area, and tintin the windows. and saving up for an alarm.

so any one got any good theft deterrent ideas?

Alarm ASAP.

Get the two way paging kind, that way you can be out of sight of the van but still know what's going on.

I got one on my van, it's the best thing I ever did. lol I feel much better with it.

Yeah next time hide your cd case and take your headunit faceplate off if you dont have tinted windows in you vehicle (really you should do this with tinted windows or not).

1. Hide Belongings

2. Lock Doors

3. Tint Windows

4. Alarm

5. Ways to secure your equipment.

These are all deterrents and wont stop someone if they knew you had something and they really wanted it but they can slow the process down or make them think twice about it.

I have the two way pager as well.

Lets me sleep alot easier at night.

J

I have the two way pager as well.

Lets me sleep alot easier at night.

Same. Plus a german shepherd that will go nuts if it hears you on our drive way.

I make it a point to keep stuff out of sight (remove HU face plate) and make sure everything is bolted down good.

I'm really surprised they even bothered with your CD's.

I have a beagal with pit in my back yard and it's a AWESOME watch dog. Park the car near the fence at night anybody coming near the yard the dog goes insanely crazy like on steroids type bark clearly loud enough! Thats the best deterent i can trust.

Other then that watch your shit and try keeping your car locked and parked at a place where you can look and keep tabs on it! Or maybe get a AR little more terrifying then a pistol either way a gun is a gun nobody is going to want to have a confrontation with you hahaha.

i normally bring the faceplate inside but i was waitin on my ol lady to get home so we could leave. cd case had all b.s cd's except my autographed tech n9ne cd. drivers door i always lock but the passenger one i just finally figured out is the lock actuator is seized up. so i gotta hit up pull-a-part. i've got 4 full grown pitbulls in the back yardand one of them is partially at the very front of our driveway guarding my dads drag truck in the garage. but when theres 5 vehicles that park in the driveway it sucks parking up front where its safe especially when ur in a hurry to leave

It was just one of those times you let your guard down and everything went wrong sorry bro :(

It was just one of those times you let your guard down and everything went wrong sorry bro :(

x2, I had to start getting in the habit of taking my faceplate off cause I usually dont. Even if I go inside for a minute Ill at least throw it in the glove box instead of taking it with me. It sucks losing cd's but they can be replaced, glad nothing else was taking.

sucks dude.

Get an alarm, but remember that it is only a theft deterrent device.

If some scumbag mother fucking thief wants your shit bad enough, he will find a way to get it.

:suicide-santa: a thief, all of them.

Use unusual fasteners. and lock nuts.

I have my amp rack bolted to the frame of the car with 3" carriage bolts and lock nuts and lock washers, and then I have my amps bolted to that with torx socket head bolts with lock nuts and lock washers.

It took me 2 1/2 hours and two people to hold the nuts while I tightened the bolts. but I know that nobody but me and a pit crew with the correct tools could get it out.

Rule #1 Don't pound in your town.

If nobody can hear or see a system it probably will not get f'd with.

I hate thieves, they make it such a pain in the ass to just own something nice. As others have said, keeping your stuff out of site and unusual fasteners would definitely help. An alarm would definitely help too, maybe you could have caught them while they were going through your stuff.

Alarm, dark window tint (darker for the rear windows and the rear windshield), and you're good to go !!!

Don't blast in your own neighborhood. Your local thieves will find your car when they need it !

Good luck

Oh : Be careful with that gun ! You, Americans love guns !!!:peepwall:

They must not have heard of an Ipod if they wanted to jack your cds so badly ;) ... next time keep those #1 wanted Bass Mechanik cds out of reach :)

But yes my cd player is impossible to get out without taking the whole dash apart pretty much. I live in a small town that knows nothing about stereos so Im not too worried about my stuff being stolen, plus my box will take three people to get it out (because I made it such a tight fit that you have to weasle it around the car and will only come out one way)... But definitely get an alarm asap. Maybe they learned their lesson by getting chased with a man with the golden gun? :suicide-santa:

Edited by BaMF101

We should pin this thread

I mean, I know about hiding stuff, locking the car, tinted windows and alarm always help. But there is a thing or two that are I didnt think about.

Im glad I live in a "safe" neighborhood. Cop station within a block of my house and 2 blocks from the main avenue (collins).

BUT you never know where you gonna end up driving to or parking at so you always wanna be ready.

I'd say different shaped bolts holding down your equipment my amp has a star shape then a square then a flathead then a cross

used odd shaped screws on anything that you don't want stolen, hex screws are cheap and NO ONE (for the most part) carries screwdriver for hex heads.

give these a look http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx#Variants

My problem with those is that they start "wearing out" when you screw them in and out after a few times.

I know, you dont take out and put back your amp every day, but I try to avoid those when I need to screw something. Personal taste I guess, but they sound like a great way to stop theft.

used odd shaped screws on anything that you don't want stolen, hex screws are cheap and NO ONE (for the most part) carries screwdriver for hex heads.

give these a look http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx#Variants

My problem with those is that they start "wearing out" when you screw them in and out after a few times.

I know, you dont take out and put back your amp every day, but I try to avoid those when I need to screw something. Personal taste I guess, but they sound like a great way to stop theft.

They don't wear Down unless you don't have the right tools or no patience, take it slow and try not to strip them, that will detour lots of theft, worse thing they can do is bash up your stuff, but a recone is much cheaper than a whole new woofer, same thing goes with a new HU. the torx screws are cheap and can be had in many sizes from local stores and definitely the Internet, probably something like 5-10 dollars for 100. I'd checks parts express too.

I have a viper 5901 2 way with proximity sensor but I still park car in gate with lock and chain, then my dog is a few yards back she barks at the neighbor's too so if someone try's to hop the gate dog goes nuts and if you even walk to fast up to the car the proximity sensor skips warning chirp and just goes full alarm. I got it at

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16156_Viper+5901+-p-n+5702V-.html

http://www.amazon.com/Install-Essentials-508D-Disturbance-Sensor/dp/B0009VFOME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289885371&sr=8-1

Then payed best buy to put only alarm in. The few bucks I saved I was able to buy beer with it :snipersmilie:

You were gonna shoot the mexican bangers with your gun? I know its fucked up they stole your shit, but really.

I'm thinking he's responsible enough to realize he can't shoot somebody in the back, especially if they're not even on his property. I don't blame him for taking his gun. What if they noticed him and pulled one? Not trying to get into a gun debate here but the fact he didn't start shooting randomly says a lot.

You were gonna shoot the mexican bangers with your gun? I know its fucked up they stole your shit, but really.

You never know when you'll need one, could have saved his life.

Now it's time to stop trolling keetykush.

I have put razor blades inside of ports before. In the PVC, I cut slits and glues the razor blades in. There were large wingnuts at the bottom of the box holding it down, you just had to reach all the way through the port to reach it. And not just a couple of blades, like 10. Only sticking in about 1/4" - 1/2" And at a good angle where going in it would cut clean, but then when you panic and start jerking around, you are pulling against the corner of the blade....

I did this for a buddy who lived in a bad area. His car still got broken into, but there was were blood everywhere, and little pieces of skin shreads inside the port. They got pissed and smashed all his windows, but they didn't actually steal anything. Honestly, I kind of felt good about the whole thing, whoever did it lost a lot of blood and has probably stuck with some messed up hands... There was blood drops up the street and then gone I guess where they parker a car...