Infinite913

2 JL AUDIO 1000/1 V2 and BTL what to do!

I have two JL audio 1000/1 V@ that I want to put on my FI BTL 18" dual 2 but I want to be safe cause I use it for daily.... does anyone know about these amps to know how I should tune and how I should strap or run each amp to each coil. Right now I have a hifonics brz 2100 and I have the speaker ran at 1 ohm. Im hitting about 144db and its clear but I want to sell the amp so I figure stop using it until I can sell it so that I can get me STETSOM 2k5E or the sundown 2500! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Since they are D2 coils, wire one amp per coil and gain match them, you'll have 2 Kw+ on your BTL and no need to get another amp :)

Since they are D2 coils, wire one amp per coil and gain match them, you'll have 2 Kw+ on your BTL and no need to get another amp :)

what he said. JL amps aren't able to be strapped.

Personally, I'd save my money to get an adequate amp(s) for my application and not blow my sub up by temping something together just to get by ...

just my suggestion ... thanks ...

Running one amp per coil is not strapping.

amp balancing without a o-scope willl get close ... but one mistake with the screwdriver or someone changes things without the op knowing, POOF !!! there goes the sub ... my reason for my suggestion ...

amp balancing without a o-scope willl get close ... but one mistake with the screwdriver or someone changes things without the op knowing, POOF !!! there goes the sub ... my reason for my suggestion ...

It really will be fine, no o-scope needed, a little gain matching and he's golden. BTL's handle huge amounts of power.

how well do they handle impedeance mis/mix matchs ???

They will be reading a 1.7 ohm DCR per amplifier, and since they aren't strapped the amps won't go into protect, they are also Slash series amplifiers they will deliver 1 Kw between 1.5 and 4 ohms :)

It really will be fine, no o-scope needed, a little gain matching and he's golden. BTL's handle huge amounts of power.

They will be reading a 1.7 ohm DCR per amplifier, and since they aren't strapped the amps won't go into protect, they are also Slash series amplifiers they will deliver 1 Kw between 1.5 and 4 ohms :)

I was refering to the BTL's ... not the amps ... :fing34:

I was refering to the BTL's ... not the amps ... :fing34:

Well it's just one woofer, and the same amp on each coil, with a DCR of ~1.7/coil and gain matching, it will see the same power.

Sounds good to me ... Personally, I would buy an amp to match my specifications (eleminate all the confusion and discussion of what might happen) ...

Sounds good to me ... Personally, I would buy an amp to match my specifications (eleminate all the confusion and discussion of what might happen) ...

Well thanks for all the comments so far and DURAN I was leaning towards that just JL amps you need a friggin ROCKET SCIENCE degree to tune with all there crazy stuff lol. And to the cable guy I dont have the money im wanting to run the stetsom 2k5e at one ohm but its all about money. I got the hifonics pushing them now but want to get rid of it so I can get my money up..... and I have the JL amps laying around collecting dust because I hate JL lol and bought them before I knew about everything else and I got a killer price on them!!!!!!

Then why dont you sell the JL amps and keep running it off the hifonics because the JL amps are going to bring in alot more money then that hifonics, and you will be able to get a Sundown 3500 which would be very fitting for your BTL 18.... :morepower1:

Nothing is going to happen if the amps are not perfectly matched. The coils are on the same former, the electro-magnetic fields will add up.

Nothing is going to happen if the amps are not perfectly matched. The coils are on the same former, the electro-magnetic fields will add up.

Thats cool, no conflict out of me ... I just don't like doing something on a chance, or maybe ...

Be honest, wouldn't it be easier to keep the hifonics amp and sell the jls ???

Thats cool, no conflict out of me ... I just don't like doing something on a chance, or maybe ...

Be honest, wouldn't it be easier to keep the hifonics amp and sell the jls ???

true that...