chrisbarr90

Please Help with my Sub Stage

I have a sundown saz3500d im going to be using to power my subwoofer stage. i cant decide what subs i want to run however. im stuck between 2 Sundown NightShade V2 D1 15's or 2 FI BTL N2 D1 15's (i havent found any videos or opinions on these FI's really?). those are my main two choices but i have been considering saving the money and going with 2 of the sundown z v2 D1 15s. Is it beneficial to go with the top model nightshades compared to the z? in my video watching i have been very impressed by all the sundown 12's. i have also been giving the nightshade v2 d1 12s, z v2 d1 12s, and 4 d2 sa 12s some thought. id really like to see 150db on music, maybe wishing too big, but which would be my better options for that? Im looking for a daily groundpounder in that also, im not into the burping really. I understand everything is install dependant and im going to be going through this site for a box design. vehicle will either be and explorer or jeep grand cherokee.

Don't base your decision off of videos. Get as much feedback from people with personal experience with these drivers and such. The Fi BTL N2's have not been released yet, this is why you can't find anything on them. However, they are essentially the same thing as the previous generation BTL with the single slug magnet (UFO shaped).

Video's can't possible help you choose a sub.

It will only what you want, but it won't show you how the sub sounds and how loud it is.

Based on opinions from videos, you can only think something about it, but ask someone who has tested and used the product.

Fi has barely released their N2's, so of course there aren't any videos for it.

But a video for a reference? No sirr

Videos weren't going to be the sole basis for deciding on a subwoofer. It was used more as a research tool. He watched videos of the subs that he is interested in and then tried to compare the different amp sub combinations used as well as trying to find the enclosure info. With the Sundown products he watched a lot of the vidoes on youtube of Jacob and Derrick824. He read all the questions and replies that were posted for the different set ups. he also searched the posts on here for those two to see what info he could gather from their posts. So with doing a thorough search on here and then seeing them in action it did help having the visual. We tried to keep the videos limited to good info we could find about that particular set up.

The Fi BTL N2's were just released so very little info was found. Was kind of hoping for a miracle in finding any info or reviews other than the manufacturers. I know Fi makes a great product but it seems weird to design an entirely new subwoofer to only have ut perform like a previous model. Yes, the magnet is new, better and lighter but why settle for same old performance. It is great performance but why not strive for better while going through all that work. It doesn't sound like it but I am honestly not ripping them. They have their reasons and my thoughts don't mean anything to them or anyone else for that matter. Just makes me wonder.

The Sa12 really seem to be a nice speaker. Many seem to get great results with both daily and SPL type set ups. Four of these would have tremendous potential but would it be beneficial to get a pair of 15" Z v2 or Nightshade v2's? The four the Sa12's would have a cone area advantage but would the extra motor force of the Z's or NS be more beneficial?

The Z v2 seems to be a little harder to find info on. Looks like a nice speaker that is just a small step below the Nightshade in power handling. Mainly looking for opinions or fact about how it actually compares to the Nightshade v2. On the same 3500d and both in optimal enclosures will there even be a noticeable difference? With a single 3500d is it even worth considering the Nightshades? Are the Z v2 going to be discontinued once the Z v3 comes out? Worth waiting for the Z v3?

If choosing form the 3, I;d go with the SA's, very rarely will motor force make up for cone area.

We all know Fi is underrated, don't count on BTL performance not increasing.