emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

I love fuses. Was driving down the road, wasn't paying attention and turned my bass knob up for a certain song, then the next one that came on was too much and popped all the 40 amp fuses on the 1500. Second time fuses have saved me hundreds of dolla'! I need to call DC power and see what's going on with the 180 HP alts.

dscf3182.jpg

Why would the alternator cause fuses to blow during audio playback?

Why would the alternator cause fuses to blow during audio playback?

I had settings turned up too high, caused pretty bad voltage drop. Alt can't keep up with the demand. Called Rob, left a message. No reply today, but I'm a very patient person. :captain:

Hey Man..!

Really nice CRX and System man...nice photos and videos too..!

MR2

Hey Man..!

Really nice CRX and System man...nice photos and videos too..!

MR2

Thanks! :fing34:

wow..... just read through 430 posts of build log goodness.... I also love big cone area/lower power installs.... Everything is well done, keep up the good work sir!!

wow..... just read through 430 posts of build log goodness.... I also love big cone area/lower power installs.... Everything is well done, keep up the good work sir!!

:thanx: That's dedication! haha

all i gotta say is..... Sell me your crx please....furnished hahah, but awsome work man :drink40:

Give me the right price... MY right price and it's yours. Offer stands to anyone i've told no to previously. :D

Woooow, took me about three different reading sessions, but I'm finally done reading this awesome build log! Keep up the good work!

Also, I'd try to tint that baby as quick as you can! I'm sure if the wrong person walks by and sees 4 12" subs sitting there he's going to jump on them. lol

Very nice system though, and car!

Woooow, took me about three different reading sessions, but I'm finally done reading this awesome build log! Keep up the good work!

Also, I'd try to tint that baby as quick as you can! I'm sure if the wrong person walks by and sees 4 12" subs sitting there he's going to jump on them. lol

Very nice system though, and car!

:wub: Thanks

I need to tint it. I just want to redo it all (have it done professionally) but i can't decide which % to do... 5% is just so damn dark, but i like the look/"privacy" from the outside.

A good tint shop should be able to do a fade, lighter in the front and get darker towards the back. Just a thought...

A good tint shop should be able to do a fade, lighter in the front and get darker towards the back. Just a thought...

I have thought of that, but i forgot. You're a genius, I may just do that. 20 on the front 2 windows, 5 everywhere else? i wish there was a 10 or a 12... is there? lol

I have thought of that, but i forgot. You're a genius, I may just do that. 20 on the front 2 windows, 5 everywhere else? i wish there was a 10 or a 12... is there? lol

I'd go 20% on the passenger and driver window, then 5% everywhere else, unless you don't feel comfortable with that. lol, and I know at both of my local audio stores you can get anywhere in between 5% - 45% in 5% increments, I THINK. That's all just off the top of my head though, so take it with a grain of salt. :gayhaaay1:

Edited by Freshh

You can get 15% from THIS place, don't know anything about them though. I just did a quick search on the interwebz.

I'd go 20% on the passenger and driver window, then 5% everywhere else, unless you don't feel comfortable with that. lol, and I know at both of my local audio stores you can get anywhere in between 5% - 45% in 5% increments, I THINK. That's all just off the top of my head though, so take it with a grain of salt. :gayhaaay1:

It just seems like too large of a difference, may look weird. I should give the place i want to go to a call. Wonder if they will charge to take off what i have now, or if i should just do it myself. They will hate the room they have to work in my car. Maybe i should take my subs out for them? lol

You can get 15% from THIS place, don't know anything about them though. I just did a quick search on the interwebz.

What i have now is internet (ebay) stuff. It seems that it's already fading, maybe a year later? Never was happy with it anyways, so i'm going to try and get it 100% professional. Hopefully they have nice enough stuff i wont have to deal with the fading.

I know my local shop charges to take it off, and I'm pretty sure it's fairly simple. After seeing what you can do from this build log, I doubt taking tint off would be a prob lol + I'd like to see how you do it.

It just seems like too large of a difference, may look weird. I should give the place i want to go to a call. Wonder if they will charge to take off what i have now, or if i should just do it myself. They will hate the room they have to work in my car. Maybe i should take my subs out for them? lol

I said the same thing but the guy that will be doing my son's car soon, said it will be so suttle you won't be able to tell. :shrug:

I know my local shop charges to take it off, and I'm pretty sure it's fairly simple. After seeing what you can do from this build log, I doubt taking tint off would be a prob lol + I'd like to see how you do it.

I took some off from my first attempt. It's just peel off and use some sort of cleaner to get the gunk off. But that stuff had only been on a week or so, this stuff may be stuck bad.

I said the same thing but the guy that will be doing my son's car soon, said it will be so suttle you won't be able to tell. :shrug:

on the eclipse? i thought it was already tinted? I'll be watching for updates on whatever vehicle though. Subscribed to all your builds ;)

on the eclipse? i thought it was already tinted? I'll be watching for updates on whatever vehicle though. Subscribed to all your builds ;)

Nope, havn't done it yet. Gotta fix the bumper too... :(

when you peel the tint off you need to use a window cleaner that isn't ammonia based. then take a razor blade and gently scrap off the hardened glue. basically its like peeling a potato, go with the glass.

i worked at a tint shop for a while and i was always peeling old off to be replaced. people are dumb and use windex to clean the tint. the ammonia will ruin it causing it to fade.

when you peel the tint off you need to use a window cleaner that isn't ammonia based. then take a razor blade and gently scrap off the hardened glue. basically its like peeling a potato, go with the glass.

i worked at a tint shop for a while and i was always peeling old off to be replaced. people are dumb and use windex to clean the tint. the ammonia will ruin it causing it to fade.

I never wash the inside of my windows. If i do it's just with a microfiber cloth and some water. It's just cheap tint. What do you mean by, "go with the glass"?

Thanks for the tips!

Did a little work today. Will finish tomorrow. Building a "beauty panel" to cover up the area below my box, hide the wire mess, 100.4 and battery. In the end i want to mount my Xovers and fuse holders to this panel to have a little "flash". Ran out of spray glue, only had 1/2 of a 3/4" side to cover :suicide-santa: so I'll go get some tomorrow along with some super glue to put magnets in place-what i want to hold the panel on with (ease of removal in case i change/tweak anything).

Chose to go with the same color as my box. It looks good mocked up, but i wont post that image 'till tomorrow :P

dscf3187l.jpg

Side note... Went into town today real quick and on the way home i received another threat. I live outside city limits mind you. I was about 1/4 mile from home, playing my music, when i see some guy running down his driveway. Figured he was running across the road before traffic gets to him, there were a couple cars behind me a ways. He STOPS in the middle of my lane with his hands in the air. As i slow down to figure out what he's doing i turn my music off. He rushes me, leaning in my window complaining about how loud my music is and how the next time i drive by with it on i'm going to get a rock through my window. I didn't say anything and drove off, i was in a rush to get dinner before a movie anyways. Didn't need some dude stalling me any more.

This is getting ridiculous, is it only me, or do you guys have this happen to you as well? I was nowhere near town, so i had no idea where this guy was coming from. Middle of the day (~5:00), not in a residential area, and still getting verbally assaulted for my music. :( I have said before, i understand I'm "loud" but I can't even listen to it at that levels on back roads?

This guy had to of been breaking more laws than i was. People tell me i should make police reports when this happens. But i'd rather not deal with all that. Only if anything happens to my car will i go there. :peepwall::WTFBubble::ughdunno:

On one of the main streets with 4 lanes of traffic today after work, I was next to a guy bumping a little, so i turned the gain knob up, as I pulled to the intersection, (stayed a car length back) I see a guy with his wife late 40s early 50s in a 99 escalade with kayak racks on top raise his hands in disgust. I pull up, he yells something how that hurts his wifes ears, I say "is this residential" and repeat it over and over saying im not breaking the law, I had turned it down, and he says "spitting on your car isn't illegal" I say how is that legal. He saw me getting pissed, because I started saying do it. So he changes the story and says something like smoking a cigarette next to me or some dumb sh*t. So i say im going to turn it up as I accelerate. (this was the one time I am rolling to an intersection back a car length playing music). Im sort of glad I didn't have to chase his dumbass. :lol2:

Edited by reelfish92