Hey guys, just trying to decide between 2 headunits. Both have the features I want. iPod connection, Hi-Volt Pre-outs, 3.5mm input, USB, nice display, basic EQ controls. Ease of use is a priority for me as well. Both of them are right in the budget I was thinking. I dont really care about HD/Sat Radio, or Bluetooth.

Kenwood X794

Pioneer P7200HD

I know some Pioneer's have the weird ground noise that pops up sometimes, so that scares me a little. But I love the fact that the USB and 3.5mm jack is on the front. That is a big thing for me.

I would just like your opinions on which one would be the better HU, if either is better. Thanks guys.

I personally own the X794 and i love it. Tons of settings, and really good sound quality. Don't know about the P7200HD. I'm sure someone can chime in on that one.

I was just looking at the 794 on youtube and it really looks impressive. Does it have alphabet search?

Edited by casedawg350

pioneer is my fav my last one lasted 9yrs ive got a Premier P600UB and absolutely love it very easy to adjust super easy to use which is huge for me

Edited by Elton

..Both good choices but im not a expert at head units i know i had to ground my kenwood really good to stop noise but its not uncommon for other type of decks to have ground issues wouldnt really base that on your purchase.

I personally own the X794 and i love it. Tons of settings, and really good sound quality. Don't know about the P7200HD. I'm sure someone can chime in on that one.

I have also had the X794 and my GF is currently running it.

I would put it many steps above the Pioneer.

I was just looking at the 794 on youtube and it really looks impressive. Does it have alphabet search?

Sure does.

i would stick to the pioneer h.u because the kenwood's controls are way to complicated

I have owned only Pioneer headunits in 4 vehicles and have never had one problem with them. Both nice headunits either way!