dgrubbs

15 btl help please

how about i tell u wat i have and u help me out i got a 02 crown i have the whole trunk to work wit sorry dont know the size of it dont really have a budget cause im putting together over time got yellow top right now not sure if im keepin that tho been reading bad things about it i looking at 2 1500watt hifonics brutus amps also not to sure on the size btl i want but i know i really like the btl subs tho in between the 15 and 18 and i think imma build the box dont think the shops are going to do it the way i want it done i think building the box will be good father and son time

Edited by dgrubbs

ok his sounds good but i want better thats y i was askin about the orion speaker and those are pretty loud but but still not loud enough for me i guess the think is i like bass well if im on here everyone knows this already i looking for something with a loud deep but clean bass for a daily driver tho

Stefan is actually trying to help you.

For him to help you, then answer his damn questions.

Go find your trunk dimensions and state some real goals here.

Example:

Good: I want a true sound quality setup that reproduces every note exactly as recorded.

No No: I want 2 be herd blockz away.

how about i tell u wat i have and u help me out i got a 02 crown i have the whole trunk to work wit sorry dont know the size of it dont really have a budget cause im putting together over time got yellow top right now not sure if im keepin that tho been reading bad things about it i looking at 2 1500watt hifonics brutus amps also not to sure on the size btl i want but i know i really like the btl subs tho in between the 15 and 18 and i think imma build the box dont think the shops are going to do it the way i want it done i think building the box will be good father and son time

:WTFBubble:

:suicide-santa: :suicide-santa: :suicide-santa:

We are trying to help you go back and read my last post before posting again or this thread will get closed down and you will loose your posting privileges until rules are followed. Im trying to help you get your topic situated before a moderator see's it.

holy run-on sentence batman...

dude think before you type :WTFBubble:

Go measure your trunk.

It's not hard.

2$ tape measure

2 minutes of time

Ability to read in inches.

Then, you will know the size of your trunk.

"I have the whole trunk to work with" is not enough information.

Trunks come in all shapes and sizes.

I completely understand your goals man, you want a loud daily driver. The BTL is the perfect choice.

But there's limitations to everything, one being space, another being your budget.

For example:

two 12" btls on around 4kw with a proper box should be louder then a single 15" btl on 2kw of power.

But can you afford two btls instead of one? Do you have the room for the proper enclosure? Do you have the room for the battery bank?

Can you afford a h/o alt? This is where a budget comes into play, saying your going to upgrade down the road doesn't work help this situation.

Even two 12" BLs on say 2kw should get louder then a 15" BTL on 2kw. BLs are certainly cheaper, but a single driver is cheapest.

any large driver in a illsized enclosure will lack in output verse a smaller driver in an optimal enclosure.

My point is there are tons of options and ways to get loud, but you need to give us more information so we can help give you a better educated answer.

This is the dimensions for the trunk 40/43” W x 27” L x 12” T.

40/13"? Can you repost that dimension please.

I doubt your going to want to build your box inside the trunk. So what's your trunk opening dimensions

I completely understand your goals man, you want a loud daily driver. The BTL is the perfect choice.

But there's limitations to everything, one being space, another being your budget.

For example:

two 12" btls on around 4kw with a proper box should be louder then a single 15" btl on 2kw of power.

But can you afford two btls instead of one? Do you have the room for the proper enclosure? Do you have the room for the battery bank?

Can you afford a h/o alt? This is where a budget comes into play, saying your going to upgrade down the road doesn't work help this situation.

Even two 12" BLs on say 2kw should get louder then a 15" BTL on 2kw. BLs are certainly cheaper, but a single driver is cheapest.

any large driver in a illsized enclosure will lack in output verse a smaller driver in an optimal enclosure.

My point is there are tons of options and ways to get loud, but you need to give us more information so we can help give you a better educated answer.

Right now I have the money for one 15 btl and the amps. I'm not going to put in the car right away maybe a little later in the new year. My thing now is I keep getting different cars never small always something with a lot of trunk space like caprices crown vics and impalas. So I'm hoping to build a box that can go into each on my cars with still having the proper air space for the sub or subs. I'm thinking maybe just one 15 will do just fine for me.

I doubt your going to want to build your box inside the trunk. So what's your trunk opening dimensions

40/ 43” W x 27” L x 12” T

For example:

Right now I have the money for one 15 btl and the amps. I'm not going to put in the car right away maybe a little later in the new year. My thing now is I keep getting different cars never small always something with a lot of trunk space like caprices crown vics and impalas. So I'm hoping to build a box that can go into each on my cars with still having the proper air space for the sub or subs. I'm thinking maybe just one 15 will do just fine for me.

Sounds good. So you can afford one btl. How much do you have / willing to spend on an amp(s)? Your going to want to run around 2kw on the BTL or your better off going with a BL on less power. Your stock electrical isn't going to support the amperage draw from a 2kw amp, so your probably gonna want to add a couple batteries in the back. You said you had an optima right? From what I've seen and read Optima batteries aren't the best for car audio, perhaps a couple deka 9a31?s would be good if your on a budget.

40/ 43” W x 27” L x 12” T

I understand your depth dimension 27" and height dimension 12" but your width dimension doesn't make any sense. 40 / 13" is equivalent to 3.0769" And I don't think your trunk width is 3" lol.

So do you mean 40" - 43", 40 4/3" which would be 41 1/3", or 40" and then some?

Also, which btl model are you looking at? The N2?

Will the btl sound good with 1500 watts? Will i be able to use my stock electrical system? With that many watts do you still recommend a upgrade on my alternator and batteries?

The reason why I am asking is because that's what I am going to start off with.

Will the btl sound good with 1500 watts? Will i be able to use my stock electrical system? With that many watts do you still recommend a upgrade on my alternator and batteries?

The reason why I am asking is because that's what I am going to start off with.

The btl will sound fine on 1500watts. But you could likely get the same audible output with a BL and cooling option.

Either way I'm highly doubtful your stock electrical will handle the amperage draw from a 1500watt amplifier. So I would still strongly recommend upgrading your alt and/or adding a battery or two.

I looked at the BLs but I figure why get that when i can just get the best and upgrade my amp when the time comes

I looked at the BLs but I figure why get that when i can just get the best and upgrade my amp when the time comes

Fair enough :)

Well with your current dimensions your only options for a 15" and enclosure in terms of placement would be upfiring or downfiring.

Probably better off going with 10" box height and up firing, this would give you around 2" for the driver to properly unload, but boy is your trunk gonna rattle :P

Man dude, I can say you have been a lot of help and thanks if I need anymore help I will make sure I find you on here and ask.

Man dude, I can say you have been a lot of help and thanks if I need anymore help I will make sure I find you on here and ask.

No problem. Glad I could help. :)

I know and there is nothing worst then that i'm going to try to work with it tho there are a fewing trick i have learned with working on cars that will help with that. I hope I do the box right I have crappy systems.

Well I guess it's time to sell the vic for another toy then I may just have to get me a 90 something suburban.I'm going to just see how bad it rattles first if it's to bad i'm going to have to get the truck.

I guess i'm doing pretty good typing now no complaints LOL :lol2: