Fi Car Audio

Black FiDay sale up a little early...

I had time to get things rolling, so the old style Xs are back up in D4 coil and 10" and 12" sizes.

10" D4 $65 ea

12" D4 $75 ea

Starting with a cast aluminum basket for a rigid foundation, it uses a double stack motor with a 2” copper voice coil wound on a black anodized aluminum former. A poly cotton spider and curvilinear cone with multilayered foam surround keep things controlled under the toughest of conditions. Far from entry level, the Old School X Series provides deep, detailed, and powerful bass from both sealed and ported enclosures. 250W RMS and 16mm Xmax.

Great subs in smaller systems or monsters in multiples for cheap :)

Discounts of $5 per sub on orders of 2-3 drivers and $10 per sub on orders of 4 or more. Not sure how long this will stay active... so buy now!

Happy Thanksgiving from all at Fi!

I was debating to get 2 but ended up getting 1 instead. Shipping is gonna kill me. And I'm in the market for an N1 anyway so this is just a temporary fix. Happy Thanksgiving to the entire FI staff. Much Mahalo from the Hawaii crew.

lmao, 2 guys reply, both from HI...

what sized sealed boxes would the 10"s be ok in? and how deep are they? my buddy wants to stuff a 10" or two behind his rear seat in a crew cab taco...

thanks!

10" 12"

Sealed enclosure 0.6 - 1.0 CF 0.8 - 1.6 CF

Ported enclosure 0.8 - 1.25 CF 1.75 - 2.5 CF

Mounting depth 5.50" 6.00"

Driver Cutout Diameter 9.250" 11.125"

Driver Overall Diameter 11.000" 12.500"

Weight 15 lbs 16 lbs

Site says 300 rms, is it really 250?

Also what will it take to get a belt on my order?

Fi

Is there anyway to get these in D2s? or single 4?

I need a final load of 2ohm

Edited by slim142

Fi

Is there anyway to get these in D2s? or single 4?

I need a final load of 2ohm

That would be super sweet if they could do it, but im sure if they could they would have listed it, not just dual 4 :(

If you need a final load of 2 ohm, just have to get 4 :D

I want 1 ohm with 4 subs...

I had time to get things rolling, so the old style Xs are back up in D4 coil and 10" and 12" sizes.

10" D4 $65 ea

12" D4 $75 ea

Starting with a cast aluminum basket for a rigid foundation, it uses a double stack motor with a 2” copper voice coil wound on a black anodized aluminum former. A poly cotton spider and curvilinear cone with multilayered foam surround keep things controlled under the toughest of conditions. Far from entry level, the Old School X Series provides deep, detailed, and powerful bass from both sealed and ported enclosures. 250W RMS and 16mm Xmax.

Discounts of $5 per sub on orders of 2-3 drivers and $10 per sub on orders of 4 or more. Not sure how long this will stay active... so buy now!

so wait it says 300w rms on the 12" x series on the black friday sale i just ordered two of them thinking they were 300w rms so are they 300w or 250w rms because if they are 250w i think ill need to change my order to something else that can handle more wattage because i have a soundstream rub1.1000d which is 1000w rms @ 1ohm and 800w rms @ 2ohm i was hoping the 300w rms was right and maybe a little underated so the two of them could maybe handle 700w rms

10" D4 $65 ea

12" D4 $75 ea

so wait it says 300w rms on the 12" x series on the black friday sale i just ordered two of them thinking they were 300w rms so are they 300w or 250w rms because if they are 250w i think ill need to change my order to something else that can handle more wattage because i have a soundstream rub1.1000d which is 1000w rms @ 1ohm and 800w rms @ 2ohm i was hoping the 300w rms was right and maybe a little underated so the two of them could maybe handle 700w rms

You could put 1000 watts a piece on these if you know what you're doing. Be easy with the gain and they'll handle your amp no problem.

10" D4 $65 ea

12" D4 $75 ea

You could put 1000 watts a piece on these if you know what you're doing. Be easy with the gain and they'll handle your amp no problem.

DONT put 1k watts to one of these, there isn't a reason really. If you have ~700 avail. to 2, just turn the gain down to compensate if you're worried about it. It has an RMS rating for a reason, whether it's 250 or 300.

10" D4 $65 ea

12" D4 $75 ea

DONT put 1k watts to one of these, there isn't a reason really. If you have ~700 avail. to 2, just turn the gain down to compensate if you're worried about it. It has an RMS rating for a reason, whether it's 250 or 300.

i just got done in e-mails with Fi and this is what they said thank god lol

"They are 300W subs. We have used them in many applications with more power than that without issue if properly set up. If ported, definitely set the amps subsonic filter 2-4 Hz below tuning. We do not recommend the use of any sort of bass boost either on the headunit or amplifier as it will lead to clipping at those frequencies MUCH faster than all other frequencies. The subsonic only needs to be set if run ported. If sealed it can be turned down.

For ported we recommend 2-4 Hz below the tuning frequency of the enclosure. If you are running a pair of them in 4 cuft tuned to 35Hz then I would recommend turning the filter to the 31-33 Hz range as a start."

So according to Fi they should be fine with my amp id also like to add the fs on the sub is 27.7hz thats the lowest frequency it can handle im geussing so i dont think i would tune my box any lower than 35hz with the subsonic filter at 34hz

my amp = 2010 soundstream Rub1.1000d 1000w rms @ 1ohm 800w rms @ 2ohm

my headunit = 2010 alpine cde-102 has 2 volt rca outs

If they cant change the ohm resistance of the subs, its fine. But they could at least let me know. I PMed Nick, Scott and even asked here and no answer yet.

It's Sunday, remember. People need days off :D I would expect a reply tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest.

It's Sunday, remember. People need days off :D I would expect a reply tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest.

True, but I have also emailed them on weekdays and for some reason, never got an answer.

On a side note, Scott just answered me an hour ago. Glad to know they took some time to answer emails on a sunday :popcorn:

True, but I have also emailed them on weekdays and for some reason, never got an answer.

On a side note, Scott just answered me an hour ago. Glad to know they took some time to answer emails on a sunday :popcorn:

And are there dual 2 ohm available, by chance?