Notorious97200

12 or 15 ? Need help

Hi,

I'm about to sell my Xcon 15" locally.

I know I will buy some more Xcons in the future, but for now I think I'm going to get the new Fi BTL.

Here is my problem : I have a ported box with (2) 4" psp ports, 17" long each. Net volume (with one xcon) is about 3.1 - 3.2 ft3. So tuning is around 32-33 Hz.

What would you do ? Get a 15" Btl or a 12" ?

The box is on the small side for a 15" and maybe too big for a 12".

I can make a smaller box in the future, but I need to use this one for a moment.

Oh, I forgot to say that my car is a hatchback toyota Auris 4 doors, with a small cargo area. My amplifier is a Sundown saz 1500, and my electrical is good for the power I use. I watch my voltmeter to say so !

When money come, I may upgrade my amp to a 2500 watts one, but not for now at all : need to pay some taxes !!!

I'm waiting for your help.

thanks

If you don't upgrade power and stick with the 1500 watts I'd go for a 12", if you want to step it up to 2500 though I'd swing the 15". The 12" would be impressive, with the efficiency of a larger enclosure, especially in your small car :fing34:

I like the 12" idea more, but I don't want to loose output. How do you think the 12" Btl will compare to the 15 xcon ? I listen to reggae, and rap mostly.

Well, very few people have experience with the N2 so it's very hard to tell :ughdunno:

I will buy the 12" Btl N2, not the N1.

I'll try to post a review when I get it, and pics of course !

I will keep the tuning as it is, I like it like that !!!

Why don't you like the xcon15?

I still love the Xcon, and I will buy other ones in the future. If I had room and enough money,I would get (2) 12" Xcons on a 3500 watts amp with alt and batts. But I cannot do that.

I'm selling mine because I have a customer for it and I want to try the new btl. I've never heared one, I will be the first btl and Fi owner in my country. Like with my SSA subs.

I'm a seller, you know ! When I can sell something at a VERY VERY good price, I do it.:dancing:

If I'm disappointed with the btl I will go back to an Xcon quickly !

I still love the Xcon, and I will buy other ones in the future. If I had room I would get (2) 12" Xcons on a 3500 watts amp with alt and batts. But I cannot do that.

I'm selling mine because I have a customer for it and I want to try the new btl. I've never heared one, I will be the first btl and Fi owner in my country. Like with my SSA subs.

I'm a seller, you know ! When I can sell something at a VERY VERY good price, I do it.:dancing:

If I'm disappointed with the btl I will go back to an Xcon quickly !

What is your review on the Xcon15? Have you had anything else to compare it to?

You have enough room to run two DC12XL, 3.0 cubes ported should be perfect. That should be very loud. Run your 1500D at .5 ohm :morepower1:

I have some topics in the ssa forum: "from icon to xcon", "from ported to dealed",...etc

I had Kicker L7 S15 in several sealed boxes, Impact 67 series 15", several Pioneer subs, heared Alpine type X, and many more...

0.5 v for my amp ? No, thanks ! And I don't wan to run 2 subs : too expensive for me (even if I know the Xl's are not really expensive), too heavy, and I don't want to run DC subs.

I live in a foreign island, so shipping is hot !!! I only want shipping from UPS or Fedex, one week max. USPS is cheaper but you have to wait one month !!!!

Make sure to say how it works! I'm eager to see how the new btls are!

I trust them, at Fi ! They would not have changed their flagship sub if it was for worst !

My problem now, is to find out what options I need on the sub !! D2 for sure, but what else ? I'll look around for some informations.

I am really confident in this product, but I have no review to read. I'll post a little one.

But I will sell my sub next week, so I hope to receive the sub before Christmas.