eikenator

Us amps 2000x?

What does this beastly amp truly put out? My bro has one and that thing blows subs like nobodys business, ones rated for 4000+ watts in the right box, not being turned up too much or anything. There is no way it's only 2000 watts! Help please!

Amps don't blow subs, nuts controlling the volume knob do.

We know how to treat a sub, if we hear distortion or anything we turn it down and never to there again, the bass is on 0, we only turn the volume to a max of 25 out of 35 and never for a very long time, we aren't idiots. I forgot to mention it is modded for comps. So that may boost the power a little but it shouldn't be that drastic

How did said "4000+" watt woofers fail? What part of the woofer exactly failed?

Clipping kills subwoofers. Clipping and an idiot behind the volume knob that is! :peepwall:

Shouldn't be clipping, we would have heard that. One of the voice coils will burn up, always. Unless it's an ascendant, the Havoc 15 and Mayhem 15 those are the only ones that survived.

Shouldn't be clipping, we would have heard that. One of the voice coils will burn up, always. Unless it's an ascendant, the Havoc 15 and Mayhem 15 those are the only ones that survived.

You took blown woofers apart, and coils split?

What 4000+ w subs are you guys using? :peepwall:

EDIT:

You wouldn't have heared clipping, believe me.

You won't hear clipping till it's too late.

Edited by kirill007

what is the gain at?

J

Hard to hear clipping! Best way to see it, is to hook up an O-scope to the amplifier outputs. But even then it will be hard as music is dyanmic.

Haha full of fail, dont come on here asking for advice or help, then when people give you some you want to argue with them. The amp didnt blow the subs, the user did especially if they are so called rated at 4000+ watts in the right box. :suicide-santa:

Oh sorry for arguing with people calling me and my bro idiots, that was so out of line on my part defending yourself is against forum rules of course!