jaynanspl

Next Year Blowthrough Build

I would say some metal should be used for access plate, maybe not for the plate itself but somehow for a stronger connection were the plate attatches to the enclosure. I hope your planning to make that top at least a double-baffle!? :popcorn:

This looks like a hell of a build my man, I am for sure tuned in to see the results!! Just for sh!ts and grins your going to meter it just to see what number it does at a certain freq right? :ughdunno:

When i get it done, my local stereo shop has a termlab and i will check it out..

Which Sundown amps are you thinking about? Your subs will def be able to handle :morepower1: than those RFs. Looking forward to this build :drink40:

pics of the truck?

Wow the drawing looks great! Can't wait for the build to begin!

Btw how did you get the speakers drawn like that in Sketchup?

Thanks... Oh i just downloaded a sub sketch from google sketchups online area..

Which Sundown amps are you thinking about? Your subs will def be able to handle :morepower1: than those RFs. Looking forward to this build :drink40:

pics of the truck?

I'm not sure on what sundown amps I'm wanting yet.. I have been looking at the 2500's.. Here is a pic of the truck.. sorry about he crappy cellphone pic...

Photo116.jpg

I know this will be alot of weight for my truck... I was considering using birch instead of mdf... Good or bad idea?

I know this will be alot of weight for my truck... I was considering using birch instead of mdf... Good or bad idea?

I used birch plywood on my last box and I'll happily pay more for birch from now on.

It's less messy to cut , hold screws better and seem lighter to me.

I used birch plywood on my last box and I'll happily pay more for birch from now on.

Birch is lighter than mdf

I was thinking about paying the extra to, cause of the weight difference..

How's the suspension on the truck? Take this into consideration.

Also show some more pictures of the truck :)

The suspension will need extra support when im finished for sure do to the extra weight... I will post up more pics later when i get time...

I was thinking about paying the extra to, cause of the weight difference..

What I was trying to covey to you is that it was better all around ( for me ) the weight was a bonus, but still at the bottom of the list compared to everything else.

If you have the patients to glue, clamp and wait for it to setup. Then go out and glue another panel and wait, that's one thing I can't do. It causes too many problems for me, such as keeping pans square to each other.

I much prefer to glue, install a couple of screws to hold the panel in place, move to another panel and do the same.

It's much easier to keep the enclosure/panels square before the glue sets up, for me.

That's why I'll never go back to mdf.

The menards by me 11 ply birch plywood (not void free) was only ~ $7.00 more per sheet than the mdf, so it's a no brainer.

If you are looking at void free birch plywood (13 ply) get your wallet out, it was more then twice the price of the mdf ~ $70.00 for a 4' x 8' sheet.

My last few builds was the first time I used titebond and it is as good I heard. It's cheap also.

Make sure to take allot of pics in you build log.

The suspension will need extra support when im finished for sure do to the extra weight... I will post up more pics later when i get time...

Do you still have the sway bar on the truck?

Do you still have the sway bar on the truck?

Here is a pic of what is in it now.. I know it looks like shit, but i have learned alot in the 2years it been like this..

Photo0005.jpg

Yes lol that does look like a monster. How much weight is that?

I know its rough as hell, but it has worked for the past 2 years..lol Im not sure of the weight but it hits the lows.. I tuned it to low and made the port to small.. only pulled off a 148.4 with it. running 2 old mtx 7801d amps..

I know its rough as hell, but it has worked for the past 2 years..lol Im not sure of the weight but it hits the lows.. I tuned it to low and made the port to small.. only pulled off a 148.4 with it. running 2 old mtx 7801d amps..

Videos?

Videos?

sorry no vids, camera stopped working awhile back..

i likeee. and you should think about maybe 4 2500d's or 2 4500d's :)

i likeee. and you should think about maybe 4 2500d's or 2 4500d's :)

Thanks.. I have been looking at the sundowns amps alot.. For the money for the 4 2500d's and space i have it would be a better idea for the 2 4500d's..

Well guys, just an update for you.. I have a buddy that had 6 d4 type r 12's just sitting in his storage collecting dust and his wife told him they had to go and she sold all of them to me for $100.00 while he was at work..sucks for my buddy..lol... i know i wanted to run the sundowns but i could not pass up almost new subs.. yahoo.gif now i just have to find 2 more 12's to match these and i can get started soon..

WOW :suicide-santa: I would have a serious problem with both you and my wife for a deal like that :WTFBubble: I guess if you're ok with it though, it's a good deal for you :shrug: At least you can start moving foward with the build....good luck and I'll be :popcorn:

Well guys, just an update for you.. I have a buddy that had 6 d4 type r 12's just sitting in his storage collecting dust and his wife told him they had to go and she sold all of them to me for $100.00 while he was at work..sucks for my buddy..lol... i know i wanted to run the sundowns but i could not pass up almost new subs.. yahoo.gif now i just have to find 2 more 12's to match these and i can get started soon..

hmm... idk if i could do that. lol. but :woot: for you! :D i want to see this get started soon.

I know its sucks for my buddy, but he knows i will make it right... Like i said, i really wanted the sa 12's.. i have never used any sundown products before, and want them real bad..