low_bass_makker

SMD in India !!!

Hi I am from India. Got a pair of SMD`s for my ride. Here are few details...

HU :- Pioneer P99RS ( the setup is full active)

Tweeters :- Illusion Audio Carbon

Mids :- Compression Horns Illusion Audio CH-1 (old school stuff)

Midbass :- Exodus Anarchy 6.5

Subs :- SMD 18 Inches

Amp for tweets and mids :- Steg 4.01

Amp for Midbass :- Steg 2.02

Amp for Subs :- Audioque 3500.1 x 2

Batteries :- right now four 70 Ah, Will be adding more.

Alternator :- Mechman 220 amps

Enclosure is a 13.5 cuft with sub and port displacement deducted. The port area is 100 sq inch tuned at 28 hz !! as it a removable port will be trying more options.

Few vids of the same....

dam, thats the first ride from India i have seen with an install. let alone one of that quality. very nice. what are you doing in India to afford that? alot of us hear in the U.S. cant afford that sexy sexy equipment. if your job pays that good i may move out there lol.

haha that first vid. is sick. open the hatch and let us see the whole setup! :drink40:

Looks good... except for the fact that you would actually need around 257.69 in^2 of port.. and you have almost 1/3 of that.

If you were to triple your port you could expect more output.. right now your essentially putting the woofers into a leaky sealed box

peepwall.gif

:drink40:

That is some serious flex! Nice vids and some serious Subwoofer pron!

thats some badass stuff to put ina Swift :) and its doin some work ;)

btw. how do u like those Anarchys :)

Looks good... except for the fact that you would actually need around 257.69 in^2 of port.. and you have almost 1/3 of that.

If you were to triple your port you could expect more output.. right now your essentially putting the woofers into a leaky sealed box

peepwall.gif

I was recommend 120 sq inch of port, and I am using 100 sqinch. Will be trying other options thou....Also how did you came to the result of 257.69 sqinch ???

Also Steve Meade is using 150 sq inch of port on a 20 cuft enclosure. So I designed it on its line !!!!

Edited by LBM

peepwall.gif

I was recommend 120 sq inch of port, and I am using 100 sqinch. Will be trying other options thou....Also how did you came to the result of 257.69 sqinch ???

Also Steve Meade is using 150 sq inch of port on a 20 cuft enclosure. So I designed it on its line !!!!

For two 18's?

or is that each 100 in^2?

Now if it's 200 in^2 total then you're a little low seeing how 260 is the minimum recommended port area. .. but if it's 100 for both woofers then you're seriously choking the woofers off.

The "rule-of-thumb" about for every cube you multiply it by 16 in^2 is extremely inaccurate and deplorable at best.

Vance Dickason's method of obtaining port area,

VntFrm1.gifVntFrm2.gif

dv - is the required diameter of the port in inches. Fb - is the tuning frequency of your enclosure in Hertz.

Vd - is the volume displaced by the driver (in cubic meters) traveling through it's full excursion (peak-to-peak). To figure out Vd for a speaker, find the Sd value for your driver in the table below, and multiply that number times the Xmax (in meters) of your speaker.

peepwall.gif

Nice vid !

Poor little Swift ! she won't last long with all that nice equipments blasting in !!!

:morepower1::peepwall:

peepwall.gif

For two 18's?

or is that each 100 in^2?

Now if it's 200 in^2 total then you're a little low seeing how 260 is the minimum recommended port area. .. but if it's 100 for both woofers then you're seriously choking the woofers off.

The "rule-of-thumb" about for every cube you multiply it by 16 in^2 is extremely inaccurate and deplorable at best.

Vance Dickason's method of obtaining port area,

VntFrm1.gifVntFrm2.gif

dv - is the required diameter of the port in inches. Fb - is the tuning frequency of your enclosure in Hertz.

Vd - is the volume displaced by the driver (in cubic meters) traveling through it's full excursion (peak-to-peak). To figure out Vd for a speaker, find the Sd value for your driver in the table below, and multiply that number times the Xmax (in meters) of your speaker.

peepwall.gif

It was on my recommendation.

We've used SMDs and infact most AA/Fi drivers from 6-10sq.in per cube and never had issues. Of course if we arent limited on volume we'll use more port, but it also dicates the speed in which the driver unloads NOT just air velocity on port noise

:fing34:

Nice work! Thanks for sharing your videos.

I just shared your link with a friend from India. Do you know any of the Das family?

I just shared your link with a friend from India. Do you know any of the Das family?

Which city in India ??

No sure I will have to ask him, but here is his FB link.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001543921087#!/profile.php?id=1405962409

Which city in India ??

New Delhi

Dang people in india are addicted to bass hear it and all start gathering around :)