mikeb890

Time for new speakers, help!

I've had an Fi BL 15" powered by a Sundown sae-1200d in my 08' Scion tc for a few months now. Simply getting tired of having the bass drown out everything else. I know absolutely nothing about component sets or midbass speakers really, im finding this to be more difficult to learn about than subs.. I have never even heard any components or good speakers in person actually so I dont know how to tell whats good and what isnt. Bascialy my main goal is to have the vocals be heard clear and not be drowned out at all, especially when i upgrade to a btl 15" soon. Also i dont know much about tweeters I just dont want them to be so loud that it hurts my ears or anything lol. Speaker sizes: Front (6.5) Rear (5.25) Trying to get something not too expensive for xmas, i've heard good things about infinity and have been looking at these:

Front:

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Reference-6030cs-6-5-Inch-Component/dp/B002BS5YAA

Rear:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18902_Infinity+Reference+5032cf.html

How would these work, would they get drowned out by the bass still? I'm pretty much just looking for the vocals to be heard nice and clean. Also dont know a thing about speaker amps, would an Infinity Reference Amp work fine with this or any better suggestions? And lastly what kind of wiring do i need, or do i just replace the stock speakers and i'm good? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Other info if it may apply:

Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Big 3 done

Sub wired in 1/0 gauge

Purchasing a Kinetik Hc 1800 as well

Edited by mikeb890

I would look into powerbass speakers, the ones I've heard should keep up and stay crystal clear! RE also makes some of the best sounding speakers i've heard.

I would look into powerbass speakers, the ones I've heard should keep up and stay crystal clear! RE also makes some of the best sounding speakers i've heard.

Hmm the powerbass speakers seem really cheap, i know RE is quality but it seems hard to find a place to buy their products. I just need to know if I go with the infinity speakers whether or not they will get drowned out by the bass really

From my experience I would go with the following

Boston Acoustics

Hertz Mille

Morel Hybrid Ovation and higher in their food chain

Those are the ones I like to be honest with you but if you go the DIY route.

Tweeters

Hertz Mille

Morel

Midrange

Hertz

Morel

Selenium

They are a whole bunch of speaker companies out there.

Might want to check out the Bravox brand in the SSA store. You will have to run new wiring to the (new) sets of speakers if you are installing an amp. If you are going to run the headunit as power for the new speakers a component set probably won't work to well, but the coaxials might be ok. Good Luck!!

Would be helpful to let people know your budget for speakers, and amp(s). install skills, how extreme you want to get installing. What you have heard previously and liked or not like about them. ultimately it's going to come down to what you prefer. If i say speaker X sounds great, that's my opinion, yours could be on a completely different pole. You should go to a local shop/show and listen to different set ups and find out what you want. There's a lot out there. This will help narrow it all down.

You must not be searching the forums much to research....if you did you wouldn't be buying rears.

M5:

Out of curiosity, why are your replies always negative with

nothing positive to contribute? I mean, it seems as if you are always raging.

OP:

Bravox are nice and won't break the bank. Don't mess with the rears. You'll never hear them over your sub, especially if you change to a BTL.

To my understanding, Infinity speakers are pretty decent.

Edited by threedd97

M5:

OP:

Bravox are nice and won't break the bank. Don't mess with the rears. You'll never hear them over your sub, especially if you change to a BTL.

:WTFBubble: His replies arent negative at all, stop looking for emotion/attitude in a post and look at the useful information in the post. Which is dont use rears at the end of the day, thats all you should of took from his post. Some people rather sugar coat and hold your hand when answering questions and others dont, straight up that simple.

OP a rear fill will not be needed in a car as long as your front stage is set up properly, even if you do have people in the back seat. Some people like surround sound or do a rear fill as a personal preferenece, if you desire to do that then look at some coaxials and run them off of hu power. But honestly a nice set of components up front and a good amount of power should be good enough.

What is your budget on amplifier and speakers?

M5:

OP:

M5 does contribute but he isn't going to give the answer straight away he wants you to research first.

Like someone said: "if you gave the man a fish he won't be hungry for 1 day, if you learn him how to fish he will never be hungry anymore" that's how M5 answers. ;)

I like some JBL components, and hertz has great components, no need for rears but you should buy a amp for the speakers. ;)

Fanbois?

OP:

Everything advised to you here is good advice. Ultimately a selection will have to be made by you. Good luck!

If you can't listen to any component set, get a good Bravox set at the ssa store. These seem to sound good, even if I've never heared them ! They have great reviews, and are not expensive.

Just buy a 2 channel amp for the comp set : 2 x 100 or 150 watts rms at 4 ohms.

You need to install them properly to fully enjoy them!

Good luck.

I love my polk audio component sets.... I have them in the doors, and kicks. They were a perfect matchup for my BTL 18.

Edited by holley2346

I've had an Fi BL 15" powered by a Sundown sae-1200d in my 08' Scion tc for a few months now. Simply getting tired of having the bass drown out everything else. I know absolutely nothing about component sets or midbass speakers really, im finding this to be more difficult to learn about than subs.. I have never even heard any components or good speakers in person actually so I dont know how to tell whats good and what isnt. Bascialy my main goal is to have the vocals be heard clear and not be drowned out at all, especially when i upgrade to a btl 15" soon. Also i dont know much about tweeters I just dont want them to be so loud that it hurts my ears or anything lol. Speaker sizes: Front (6.5) Rear (5.25) Trying to get something not too expensive for xmas, i've heard good things about infinity and have been looking at these:Front:http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Reference-6030cs-6-5-Inch-Component/dp/B002BS5YAARear:http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18902_Infinity+Reference+5032cf.htmlHow would these work, would they get drowned out by the bass still? I'm pretty much just looking for the vocals to be heard nice and clean. Also dont know a thing about speaker amps, would an Infinity Reference Amp work fine with this or any better suggestions? And lastly what kind of wiring do i need, or do i just replace the stock speakers and i'm good? Any help would be appreciated thanks!Other info if it may apply:Pioneer DEH-4200UBBig 3 doneSub wired in 1/0 gaugePurchasing a Kinetik Hc 1800 as well

That is the solution to your problem. Simply turn the level down on the 15 or get a driver with less output. Why spend more money on the rest?

M5:Out of curiosity, why are your replies always negative with nothing positive to contribute? I mean, it seems as if you are always raging. OP:Bravox are nice and won't break the bank. Don't mess with the rears. You'll never hear them over your sub, especially if you change to a BTL. To my understanding, Infinity speakers are pretty decent.
:WTFBubble: His replies arent negative at all, stop looking for emotion/attitude in a post and look at the useful information in the post. Which is dont use rears at the end of the day, thats all you should of took from his post. Some people rather sugar coat and hold your hand when answering questions and others dont, straight up that simple. OP a rear fill will not be needed in a car as long as your front stage is set up properly, even if you do have people in the back seat. Some people like surround sound or do a rear fill as a personal preferenece, if you desire to do that then look at some coaxials and run them off of hu power. But honestly a nice set of components up front and a good amount of power should be good enough.What is your budget on amplifier and speakers?

M5:Out of curiosity, why are your replies always negative with nothing positive to contribute? I mean, it seems as if you are always raging. OP:Bravox are nice and won't break the bank. Don't mess with the rears. You'll never hear them over your sub, especially if you change to a BTL. To my understanding, Infinity speakers are pretty decent.
M5 does contribute but he isn't going to give the answer straight away he wants you to research first.Like someone said: "if you gave the man a fish he won't be hungry for 1 day, if you learn him how to fish he will never be hungry anymore" that's how M5 answers. ;)I like some JBL components, and hertz has great components, no need for rears but you should buy a amp for the speakers. ;)

These are great posts. It's amazing the time and energy people will waste bickering and complaining about Sean and his responses, but they won't spend that time doing research or actually learning for themselves. I guess that's the way of the world now. Nobody wants to work to earn something, but they'll put in work when they don't get what they feel they are deserved.

Fanbois?OP:Everything advised to you here is good advice. Ultimately a selection will have to be made by you. Good luck!

Someday you will mature and come to understand some of life's more subliminal teachings.

Oh wow lmao i gave up on this thread a couple days after i posted since there was no responses at first and was trying to figure shit out on my own! I was ready to buy those Infinity components and rear speakers tonight, along with a Sundown SAX-125.2. I still dont know much about speaker amps, someone suggested a Kicker zx350.4 but the sundown seems to be better, would it be compatible with these speakers though? Budget is to spend in the range of all these items i've already listed really, not much more. I get a shop to install it for me for a decent price too because i cannot do anything electrical related lol...Yeah i've heard nothing but good things about those Bravox speakers. Just checked out the store and came across these which would fit, http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Bravox-Audio-CS60K-Components.html So are these Bravox components a better quality than the Infinity Reference components if ran on a Sundown sax-125.2? or is it all personal preference still? and @m5 i do search all the time, i just thought having rear speakers was a necessity, therefore i never even thought about asking if they are needed. I do have people in the backseat often, and I dont like knowing that it sounds like shit backthere, but you guys are saying if i just go with the front componets those are powerful enough to be heard in the back? I would still like to upgrade the rear speakers anyways but i might go a bit cheaper knowing this, looking at these http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-5-25-Inch-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B000P0PF8C <- Those have to be better than the current stock ones in there now so im thinking why not? and tirefryr are you asking me to turn the bass down just to hear the vocals? this is what im doing at the moment yeah hahaha but the goal is to not turn it down and hear the vocals as well :)

A Sundown 125.2 is a 2 channels amp, so it will be a good option for a single set of components.

Try a 4 channel amp for 4 speakers.

You don't need the rear, but if you decide to keep them, why do you want a worst set there ? You could keep the same set to have the same sound.

Maybe you can keep the rear speakers if they're in the rear doors, but if you want to put them on the rear deck (or the hatch cover) forget it : the bass will destroy them quickly !

Just my 2 cents.

I took my rear speakers off and only kept a set of focal 165 KP in the front doors. No change at all, because I couldn't hear the rear at all with my 15" Xcon ! and now, I can use :morepower1: for my front speakers : they love it ,...so far !

:peepwall:

A Sundown 125.2 is a 2 channels amp, so it will be a good option for a single set of components.

Try a 4 channel amp for 4 speakers.

You don't need the rear, but if you decide to keep them, why do you want a worst set there ? You could keep the same set to have the same sound.

Maybe you can keep the rear speakers if they're in the rear doors, but if you want to put them on the rear deck (or the hatch cover) forget it : the bass will destroy them quickly !

Just my 2 cents.

I took my rear speakers off and only kept a set of focal 165 KP in the front doors. No change at all, because I couldn't hear the rear at all with my 15" Xcon ! and now, I can use :morepower1: for my front speakers : they love it ,...so far !

:peepwall:

I already bought everything yesterday :/ Yeah see i dont know anything about speaker amps and i thought this amp would be good for the front components and the rear speakers LOL. So i guess I will be running 200 watts per side as they are 2 ohms with this amp. Thanks for letting me know this though, I did end up buying rear speakers too but i might end up just returning them since they wont really make a difference.

Good amp that you just purchased, heres a tip. Install the front components first on the amp then play your system as you sit in the back seat, this will help you determine if you need rear fill for your application.