ulrisa

EXOcontralto's video of my XCONS

Hey all!

Recently EXO made a video of my XCONs doing work when I was hanging out with him. Just thought I'd share it on here.

Most of the comments are good which is exciting lol. Most people don't understand or care that I'm not done and that this was my first time doing any sort of fabrication which is kind of annoying. Function is much more important than "looking clean" in my book.

:morepower1: Get those Xcons really moving!

Looking sweet. Camera does a fairly good job on picking up the bass, doesn't just sound like a bunch of rattling crap.

Have you gotten a chance to get it metered yet?

Working on it lol. Saving up for my DC Power 270XP, then I'll send some more clean power to them. Finally got a carbon flex vid! lol. 3 Peat by Lil' Wayne is still by far the best on those mids though, I'll post that up next time I make a video.

Working on it lol. Saving up for my DC Power 270XP, then I'll send some more clean power to them. Finally got a carbon flex vid! lol. 3 Peat by Lil' Wayne is still by far the best on those mids though, I'll post that up next time I make a video.

i watched this video a couple days ago..looks like your voltage is pretty good for a stock alt.

Looking sweet. Camera does a fairly good job on picking up the bass, doesn't just sound like a bunch of rattling crap.

Have you gotten a chance to get it metered yet?

Unfortunately not yet. I can't wait to see what I'm doing though, I'm hoping mid to high 140's but it's kind of hard to tell by ear. Nobody has good SPL meters that I know around here, so it looks like I have to wait until the next comp in the summer to get metered.

i watched this video a couple days ago..looks like your voltage is pretty good for a stock alt.

I'm really happy that the car has a stock 120 amp alt lol. I just can't turn the XCON's up as much as I would like to without sending the amplifier into clipping due to voltage drop (not that they aren't loud as it is :) )

As a side note, it's kind of funny how much quieter my car seemed while this video was made because his XXX's had just punched me in the face haha.

I'm really happy that the car has a stock 120 amp alt lol. I just can't turn the XCON's up as much as I would like to without sending the amplifier into clipping due to voltage drop (not that they aren't loud as it is :) )

As a side note, it's kind of funny how much quieter my car seemed while this video was made because his XXX's had just punched me in the face haha.

I know the feeling. My jeep isn't that loud to begin with, but once I stepped in BanginGMCs truck and Marks rocket ship, boy did I "lose" some bass :P

I know the feeling. My jeep isn't that loud to begin with, but once I stepped in BanginGMCs truck and Marks rocket ship, boy did I "lose" some bass :P

Yeah, sorry about that ;)

It's alright, I forgive you :P

I'll have to check that one out. the carbons are very distracting while driving lol

I'll have to check that one out. the carbons are very distracting while driving lol

Haha! I know exactly what you mean, I couldn't stop looking at them when I first got them.

Nice! And did you steal my ipod? lol

Thanks haha, well you have good taste in music. I still listen to E.S Posthumus from time to time which I only know about because of some post you had a while ago.

nice video man... like the clean setup!

Looks nice bro!

:drink40:

Thanks man! Not quite 4 18"s but still sounds good lol.

I think you are the first person to say it's clean lol. I can't wait to fix up the pods and hide the foam but I am too busy with college right now and I'm also afraid to touch the pods because they sound so good right now.

X 2 :)

If it makes you feel better, i'm down to a single ICON in a sealed box :)

What did EXO think of those subs? Cause we all know they are bad A$$!

Looks nice bro!

:drink40:

Thanks man! Not quite 4 18"s but still sounds good lol.

I think you are the first person to say it's clean lol. I can't wait to fix up the pods and hide the foam but I am too busy with college right now and I'm also afraid to touch the pods because they sound so good right now.

oh i forgot the :roflmao:

my badd! lulz

X 2 :)

If it makes you feel better, i'm down to a single ICON in a sealed box :)

What did EXO think of those subs? Cause we all know they are bad A$$!

He said he was really impressed with them, he didn't realize that they were that good. He definitely liked how they can hit the highs and the lows with a fairly flat response. The first time he heard them months ago I had a terrible sunroof rattle so he got the proper experience this time lol. Hopefully SSA will get a little more recognition now! I'm getting so much more traffic on my youtube now.

Glad you got a video up. :) Don't worry so much about appearance. Performance first. :)

looks good man, I want a pair of the XCON 18's myself.

Louder and louder! :drink40: