orlandoman

Trunk deadner

Well on the hunt for sound damping material I came across a ton of manufactures and I am not sure which ones are good these days. Please let me know who makes a good one.

Dynamat

Hushmat

Rockford Fosgate [not sure if they still make their own]

Second Skin

Stinger Roadkill

That is the only ones I heard of.

Thank you.

SDS is the shizzle... I have it on my trunk and front doors so far. Huge difference. Also for the trunk you are def going to want some CCF between the license plate and trunk lid. Cuts alot of the rattling out.

I have also done a friends Miata and old Cherokee. Works wonders. Wheel wells are going to get rid of alot of road noise and the roof will help with "sound loss". Good luck. Speak to Don from SDS if you have a chance, his username is Rudeboy.

Depends on what/why you are deadening your trunk. The only real bit of info I can give you is that ALL manufacturers EXCEPT SDS will mislead you when it comes to recommendations. Post what you want to do and Don will let you know what you need and why and it will work. Best choice by far.

Stop Flex: Use Multiple Layers - Second Skin

Stop Vibration: Cover 25% of the panel - SDS

Honestly I have a pair of Arc Audio XXD 10s[dual 4 ohm] ported and they are receiving 150 watts rms each [ 300 x 1 @ 4 ohm] due to the amp operating at a 4 ohm load. Now I am willing to go to a 2 ohm load where it is 500 x 1 @ 2 ohms. Also I am going to use the same ported enclosure for a pair of Fi Audio subs [not sure of the model but it is the one where they offer single 4 ohm and single 2 ohm voice coils]. Now I know I will have a lot of rattle when I do that due to the face I have an 06 KIA SPECTRA SX sedan. Also note I have 6.5 coaxials in the rear deck since people sit in my car sometimes.

To let you the amplifiers are all Arc Audio amps to. Plus I have a Kinetik KHC 600 battery that may or may not keep debating on that one to.

i have a trunk rattleing problem and pisses me off, i already dynamated rear deck anmd trunk, sounds 75 % better but still hits hard.. port is facing u when u open the trunk i want like 99% rattle free

What part of your trunk is rattling? First step is to isolate the problem, then address it :)

Depends on what/why you are deadening your trunk. The only real bit of info I can give you is that ALL manufacturers EXCEPT SDS will mislead you when it comes to recommendations. Post what you want to do and Don will let you know what you need and why and it will work. Best choice by far.

I've seen a second skin rep try to say that second skin could be used for bracing an enclosure...

I've seen a second skin rep try to say that second skin could be used for bracing an enclosure...

That's terrible :( obviously SERIOUS mid-information if that happened

:WTFBubble:

:suicide-santa:

That Rep needs to be fired!

:WTFBubble:

:suicide-santa:

That Rep needs to be fired!

Yeah I would like to know who the hell said that? Link please?

License Plates is a must thats the first thing you here mostly from the back

And all you need for that is some CCF glued to the back of the license plate. Cheap and 100% effective.

And all you need for that is some CCF glued to the back of the license plate. Cheap and 100% effective.

I will admit I was one of those fools that put vibration mat on the back of my license plate all those years ago... what a waste.

I've since moved onto using CCF too. What about putting some of your EBR around the perimeter of the license plate? :)

I slapped some damplifier on the back of my plate the other day and tightened it down as much as possible. Took care of most noise. Before, it was almost unbearable.

I will admit I was one of those fools that put vibration mat on the back of my license plate all those years ago... what a waste.

I've since moved onto using CCF too. What about putting some of your EBR around the perimeter of the license plate? smile.gif

I slapped some damplifier on the back of my plate the other day and tightened it down as much as possible. Took care of most noise. Before, it was almost unbearable.

In order.... so classic

Edited by helotr3vor