sundownz

Sundown X-12 Prototype

As previously discussed I'm working on a 1000-watt line -- I've had motor samples for some time... now I have full samples with production equivalent soft parts on the way.

As of now I still have work to do in order to dial the specs in just right -- I have another coil / gap variation to test with. I am getting a pair of samples as they sit in to test with the soft parts then I'll be testing the last variation... then likely will be ready to start making 12s at that time.

Cosmetically looks nearly identical to the SA-12 with the exception of a 20mm wider magnet, a different spider for the 3" coil, and double tinsel leads. You will note it has the new ventilation / spacer ring on it too.

This line will fill the gap from the SA series to the Z series very nicely :)

X121.jpg

X122.jpg

X123.jpg

As you may have guessed by the name... this line will eventually feature a frame similar to our X-8 once all the sizes are tooled up. For now it will utilize the 4-spoke like the SA series.

Also... will get a magnet boot before production. Have to tool another one for this size magnet so the prototype doesn't have it.

The goal is to equal or exceed the per watt performance of the SA line while also increasing power handling... with the great success of the SA series it is a bit trick to do but I think the next iteration samples should be what I need to make that happen.

12s will come first as with the SA line... then most likely 15s after that.

What MRSP are you expecting?

and DOA?

I need some 18's lol.

I am working on the pricing details -- will post when available.

18s will be a bit later after 12s and 15s but we are indeed planning them in this line.

Just don't know when to quit do ya?

Whats the xmax, gonna be on them if you figured that out yet?

Whats the xmax, gonna be on them if you figured that out yet?

Exactly the same as the SA-12 @ 19mm one-way linear.

The vertical motor / coil geometry is identical -- but it got wider in both coil and magnet OD :)

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing some performance comparisons between them and the SA line.. :drink40:

The main difference is simply more maximum thermal capacity.

I am working hard to try and match or exceed the per-watt performance of the SA as well -- that is a bit more tricky as the coil is naturally a bit heavier.

I like the look of subs w/out the magnet boot. These look like mini Zs AKA monsters haha :fing34:

Man i was hoping the X-8 would be first in line. :suicide-santa:

Working on it as fast as I can -- but all the custom tooled parts are going to make it take alot longer to produce.

Working on it as fast as I can -- but all the custom tooled parts are going to make it take alot longer to produce.

I will wait patiently like a good boy. :popcorn:

well crap! hope i didn't make the mistake of getting the sa-15's over these.

wow you never fail to impress me!

and for some reason I though the Z's were the sub to bridge the gap between the SA and nightshade! I guess another bridge was needed lol!!

o well keep up the good work!

Dammit jacob!!! So decisions decisions, do I buy the Sas or do I wait on the X's??

Pre-Sales! :bigok:

wow you never fail to impress me!

and for some reason I though the Z's were the sub to bridge the gap between the SA and nightshade! I guess another bridge was needed lol!!

o well keep up the good work!

We have the SA @ 600 and the Z v.2 @ 1500 now

So the X fits right in between the SA and Z series.

The SA to Z gap was a bit too wide :)

Dammit jacob!!! So decisions decisions, do I buy the Sas or do I wait on the X's??

If you need subs now get the SAs and sell them when these are ready -- I won't have my final samples until ~February so these are a ~May item.