Sign in to follow this  
BassThoughts

Expect UPS shipping delays

I spoke with a delivery driver with UPS today. He told me that internet sales have increased by one billion dollars in the last couple weeks. He also told me that due to the increase of shipments from online purchases to expect shipping delays. In some neighborhoods you may see drivers delivering packages on golf carts. Everyone buying their christmas gifts early offline has increased shipments being handled substantially. Now you may get your items on time with no delay, but to expect them anyway because most shipments will be late due to the increase of volume in shipments.

:ohnoes9: Now it will take even longer to get my fantastic Fi subwoofers I cant wait for them to get here lol

I just looked at my box in transit. USPS still faster. I got my stuff last week in 4 days to Hawaii via USPS. UPS has had my box for 3 days and its still in the same state it was shipped from. WTF?

In most cases UPS deliveries are much faster than the actual updates on their website your package is moving and their is a bit of lag in their system. Every business that profits from holiday sales is prepared for this rush. The thing about UPS is that even if they say they deliver until 7pm they really dont control the drivers, if they want to go home they save the last bit for the next day an most UPS guys around here run their business routes all day then switch to residential around five.

Edited by crunkjuice1

Well Fi I'm sure is prepared for the rush, but according to ups apparently ups is not lol. I read an artical that said black friday this year set a record for the most online orders on black friday ever. Apparently the recession has not stopped people from ordering little Timmy a skateboard for christmas this year offline lol. The estimated delivery date is never accurate till the last day of shipping lol. crunkjuice1 is correct about the lag in their system. When you track an order lets say at 11am a new update becomes visible that says your shipment got to lets say kansas city, mo at 6am, but you weren't able to see that update till 11am. Sometimes the lag is longer sometimes its less. Currently Fi is still processing my order which I ordered on black friday around 12-1pm so i am on my 5th day of processing. So I'd expect full build time, and full shipping time it may not take that long but better to just expect it so your not checking for updates every five minutes lol.

Sign in to follow this