BanginGMC

Jacob, need some insight.

The SAZ-3500D is the successor to our extremely popular SAZ-3000D model. It is not only more powerful but even more reliable than the SAZ-3000D based on years of research in the SPL lanes and in the hands of regular customers. You will not find a better 3500-watt Class-D amplifier anywhere!

Sundown Audio only recommends this amplifier for experienced users with an upgraded alternator and additional batteries due to the enormous power output potential.

Hello Jacob,

I have 4 XS Power D3100 as secondary batts and a Yellow Top under the hood and a DC Power 320 amp alternator (strongest the company makes for me) and both of my SAZ-3500Ds are going into protect when I compete. To give you an idea of my voltage, it varies throughout the competition, (Engine on, MOD5) at the start i'll the lowest drop is high 13's with 2k rpm. After about 3 or 4 runs (burps) i'm into 12's with 2k rpm. My amps will go into protect on the first run.. as you can imagine this is effecting me in a vary big way. I fused every amp with a 300amp inline fuse, 0 gauge all around, grounded to the frame.

Do you have any suggestions for me Jacob other then buying more batteries and/or a dual alternator?

0026cb.jpg

044yu.jpg

Thanks,

Domenico Zerilli

Most likely you just need to turn the gain down a bit -- you can get them to protect just by having that too high even at 1 ohm.

Most likely you just need to turn the gain down a bit -- you can get them to protect just by having that too high even at 1 ohm.

The gain on the master amp is a little over half way up, and with the gain knob it's a little below half way up.

You think thats too high?

I'm going to call you ina second.

The gain on the master amp is a little over half way up, and with the gain knob it's a little below half way up.

This varies based on the source voltage -- I would just slowly turn it down until the amp stops going into protect :)

I had the same problem. Your amps are clipping out. Try starting a few clicks below the volume you start now and roll it up. My head unit goes up to 42 I start at 30 and roll to 38 then I roll the bass knob wide open

Maybe it's time to get the 4500s and more batteries? :P

I'm ready, just waiting on a company to make me a dual alt bracket.

I called Jacob and he gave me some advice, so time to get tweekin'

Wish we were in the same boat :wub:

Tjcurrents working on one?

Wish we were in the same boat :wub:

Tjcurrents working on one?

We talked about it many times.. but he still needs time.

I know with my pair of SAZ2500 I had an issue with my gains being a bit to high! I had mine at about 1/2 way up on a burp and OMG protect loll so I turned them to about.. 3/8 the way up~ and Now i can burp safely lol!

O and btw I ended up setting my gains via o-scope! turns out with my source/ head unit turned all the way up and the gians being at 1/2 way it was going into protect some how lol. O and I also o-scope my h/u and it turns out it clips at 48/50! go JVC lol

Try calling a chassis fabrication shop in your area. I know the chassis shop that did the roll cage in my car has made some custom alternator brackets for other people.